[xpost -> Sven Co-op Forums] Map Release - WARFORTS

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
Tuesday's Avenger

[xpost -> Sven Co-op Forums] Map Release - WARFORTS

Post by Tuesday's Avenger » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Original bread: http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.p ... P-WARFORTS

I wanted to crosspost this here, since you guys were so helpful in shaping the map from a bunch of orange textures into something actually fun to play. I had a great time, and I can't thank J2 enough.

Cheers, all.

WARFORTS is a player-versus-player (PvP) map in which two megacorporations (the Yellow and Blue teams) send agents to capture each other's flags while defending their own bases. The first team to reach 5 captures is victorious.

Players may choose from seven distinct classes, each with unique active or passive abilities.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

UPDATE 1.1
I know it took me a while longer than I first estimated, but I've updated the map to address some of the great feedback I've received since the release. This is a ripent update - that means that only the server hosts need to update their files to make it work. Players who already have the map will not need anything additional to enjoy the update (but are encouraged to grab the new version at some point).
  • Mortar fire rate decreased. This should alleviate any concern about getting too much spam right out of respawn, and remove undue gameplay emphasis on controlling the mortar.
  • Marine RPG red-dot has been disabled. This lets the Marine do his job of dealing high damage, while giving more opportunities for skillful players to avoid being hit.
  • Automatic same-class respawn. You no longer need to manually choose a class each respawn; instead, you will automatically get back into the game as your last played class. Players may change classes at any time by holding the USE key as they respawn.
  • Various minor fixes.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

SCMapDB
Dropbox Mirror

MAP FEATURES
  • Team-based competitive play
  • 7 player classes with unique abilities
  • Automatic team balance
  • Automatic skip option if only one player is on the server
SUB-OBJECTIVES

In addition to the enemy flag, players can attack a number of secondary targets during play.

Each base includes four destroyable structures, which will take damage only from explosives:
  • Left & right shield generators, which power the lasers that prevent enemies from scaling the side walls
  • A signal jammer, which will cause the enemy to spawn rocket & HW grunts if lost
  • A door control unit which, if destroyed, will leave the front gate open & vulnerable
Additionally, occupying the side bunker will bring its defenses and Alien Mercenary units under your team's control.

CLASSES

Seven classes are available on WARFORTS:
VIEW CONTENT:
Flanker
HP: 55
Armor: 10
Weapons: Dual Uzi, Desert Eagle, Longjump
Special ability: Second Wind (Passive, on flag grab)

Fast and fragile, the Flanker specializes in hit and run combat. His passive ability will heal him to full when picking up the enemy flag, allowing him to survive the escape run. His longjump module lets him reach areas inaccessible to other classes.

Tank
HP: 225
Armor: 50
Weapons: SAW M249
Special ability: Upgrade (Passive, on 3 kill streak)

The Tank spews bullets and doesn't afraid of anything. Slower than the other classes, the Tank can be worn down in the open or while reloading.

If a Tank kills 3 players in a single life, he will receive an upgrade to HP & armor as well as replace his weapon with the deadly Gluon gun.

Support
HP: 75
Armor: 20
Weapons: 357, Wrench, Satchel Charge x3
Special ability: Sentry Gun (Active, hold USE)

The Support is the backbone of a team's defense. She can deploy a sentry gun by holding the USE key for a few seconds; Supports are limited to one gun at a time, and after a gun is lost, there is a delay before another can be placed. On death, a sentry will transfer the frags it has earned to its owner.

The Support is also the only class capable of repairing base structures & turrets by using the wrench.

Operative
HP: 60
Armor: 5
Weapons: Knife, Crossbow, Tripmine x2
Special Ability: Cloak (Active, hold CROUCH)

If everyone hates you, you're playing Operative correctly. Holding CROUCH for a few seconds will render the Operative invisible to NPCs and almost impossible for players to see; use this to line up kills with your one-shot-kill knife or long range crossbow.

Note that attacking or standing up will remove your cloak; only tripmines can be placed while remaining stealthy.

Research
HP: 95
Armor: 5
Weapons: Barnacle, Spore Launcher, Medkit
Special Ability: Healing Aura (Active, hold USE)

The Research class has spent too much time in the lab, and gained some strange abilities. His barnacle weapon allows him to fly around the map to grapple points, and his active ability will heal all friendly players within a certain radius as long as the USE key is held. Enemy players caught within the healing field will be poisoned.

Research is the only class capable of reviving dead players.

Assault
HP: 150
Armor: 30
Weapons: Shotgun, MP5, Grenade x5
Special Ability: Invincibility (Passive, on player kill)

The Assault class mixes survivability with an adaptable loadout, making him suitable for any role and a threat to any class. When the Assault kills an enemy player, he will glow red and become immune to all damage for several seconds.

Marine
HP: 70
Armor: 10
Weapons: RPG x3, M16/M203 x2, Glock
Special Ability: Artillery Retaliation (Passive, on death)

The Marine dishes out lots of damage at range, with very limited ammo; he fares more poorly at close quarters where he is at risk from his own explosives. A Marine's rockets can be the difference between preventing a capture and losing the flag!

On death, the Marine's allies off-screen will retaliate with an artillery strike at his final position. The Marine receives full points for enemies killed in the strike.
ADDITIONAL CREDIT

Textures:
Firearms mod & PVK mod teams

Testing & Moral Support:
JPolito, Aurora, Trempler, Keen, A Ninja, Chaos Wake, prolix, Strave, x3ro, the Sven Co-op & joe.to communities

Being a tripmining bastard:
Tokengekko
Last edited by Tuesday's Avenger on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: [xpost -> Sven Co-op Forums] Map Release - WARFORTS

Post by A Ninja » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Wow this looks absolutely amazing, you really outdid yourself. I can't wait to try out the final product.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Tokengekko

Post by Tokengekko » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:48 pm

What ninja said well done!
Maha

Post by Maha » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Ready to try this map out again. Was super fun the last time I played.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Tuesday's Avenger wrote:Being a tripmining bastard:
Tokengekko
Har.
Too bad I missed the playtests. Would love to play the finished version though.
Tuesday's Avenger

Post by Tuesday's Avenger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:47 pm

Version 1.1 is out! Wooooooo!
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Ninja! Prolix! Get the camera and call Mom!