Sven Co-op 5.0 Enters Final Development Phase

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Sven Co-op 5.0 Enters Final Development Phase

Post by A Ninja » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Greetings Svencoopers and other Interested-In-Sven-People!

Today we would like to announce that we have reached a new stage in the development of version 5.0. A short time ago we ceased adding new features to the game and are instead focusing on sorting out a handful of issues that are preventing the game from being as good as we want it to be. Henceforth, we'll be putting the last bit of polish on the game. Nih tried to write this as a run-on sentence but I would not let him.

We would also like to take this opportunity to reveal a bit more about what's in store for version 5.0 (The first version of Sven Co-op on Steam, available at no cost!):

One of the things we have been hard at work on is a complete rework of the Half-Life 1 co-op conversion. The new conversion will be much closer to the original Half-Life experience, with fewer Sven Co-op specific additions that ruined the original atmosphere of Half-Life. Many of the levels have also been merged, which allows for far less frequent map loading sequences, and player health and loadouts will be carried over between levels. The Half-Life co-op campaign has also been chosen to showcase a new major addition to the game: Survival Mode. When Survival mode is active, players who die will be respawned as 'observers', who observe the game in progress and will only be able to return once the living players have reached a checkpoint or until someone revives them. The result is an experience much more similar to Half-Life Singleplayer, where players can lose the level and must reload to try again. A video demonstrating Survival Mode and the checkpoint system can be see below.

Survival mode is what I have been wanting from Sven for years now!
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Maha

Re: Sven Co-op 5.0 Enters Final Development Phase

Post by Maha » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Please tell me we can do a Survival Mode server. <3
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:41 pm

It sounds like it has to be built into each map, which means that unless mappers are willing to go back and put it in, only new/redone maps will have it. Still though, it offers a ton of opportunities.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:54 pm

how do i get this game
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Are they debs gonna be releasing official maps of their own for us to mess around with it?
Dangit Spongebobby!

Post by Dangit Spongebobby! » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Ian7 wrote:how do i get this game
Looks like its going to be on steam whenever they release this version.
mr.solokiller

Post by mr.solokiller » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:23 am

just letting you guys know that Survival mode can be ripented into any map. Only the checkpoints have to be added, the rest is all Angelscript code, which can be added using the map cfg.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:21 am

That's awesome to hear, it would be nice to replay some of the classic maps with people behaving more cautiously. In survival mode can gibbed players be revived as well, or while they be forced to wait for a checkpoint?
mr.solokiller

Post by mr.solokiller » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Gibbed players don't have a body that can be revived, so they'll have to wait. I can add the option to have corpses for gibbed players, perhaps have them show up after some time, but that's currently not part of the plan.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:30 pm

mr.solokiller wrote:Gibbed players don't have a body that can be revived, so they'll have to wait. I can add the option to have corpses for gibbed players, perhaps have them show up after some time, but that's currently not part of the plan.
What happens on the map if all of the players die? Does the map restart or are they stuck in limbo until they rtv or time rounds out?

Also found a video of func_vehicle in action that someone put together a while back.
mr.solokiller

Post by mr.solokiller » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:11 am

When all players are dead, a vote starts to let players either restart or go to the next map.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:50 pm

jackpot
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
mr.solokiller

Post by mr.solokiller » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Closed beta test announced: http://www.svencoop.com/
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Excitement level maximized

Thank you in advance for selecting me for the closed beta. :sunny:
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:33 am

Cool beans
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.