(Another) Sven Co-op Night!

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

(Another) Sven Co-op Night!

Post by A Ninja » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:08 am

So more folks from J2 have been getting into Sven lately and I figured this merits trying to get another Sven night going this weekend. When would work best for people? I'm thinking sometime on Friday or Saturday night, or both if there is enough interest. Also, unless someone offers to go through the hassle of setting up the SmS server and making sure it has all the maps, I'm thinking we will just use one of the better community servers that are already around. Are there any map series that people want to try or play again?

You can go through nearly all of the publicly available sven coop maps here if you'd like.
http://scmapdb.com/tag:all

Here's some that I'd like to play:
classic - a tribute to doom

commap series - a series of maps collectively made by the sven coop community

case series - a popular singleplayer mod converted to multiplayer for sven

leprechaun series - one of the highest rated map series

puchi - look at the tiny little monsters, they're adorable

sonic_the_hedgehog - a departure from normal run and gun sven, this is a fun jump-puzzle map

bluecell_puzzle28 - puzzle focused map, at the very least it looks interesting

There are some more "complicated" maps that I'd like to try, but valve has deemd them too confusing for new players, so we'll see.

Finally, there is an 8 player server that hosts a Sven conversion of a Half-Life 1 horror mod called Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut (AOM:DC). What makes this map series interesting is that there are 4 different endings, so it has a bit of replayablity. Here is a link to the original mod's page to get more information if you are interested, http://www.moddb.com/mods/afraid-of-monsters-dc if folks want to try this I would be more than happy to, unfortunately there are only 8 slots on the server that runs this map series so space is limited.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Maha

Re: (Another) Sven Co-op Night!

Post by Maha » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Ninja, we could probably take a night and jump through the snark rotation and see what kind of stuff whe can find.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:20 pm

Maha wrote:Ninja, we could probably take a night and jump through the snark rotation and see what kind of stuff whe can find.
That's actually what I did last night, these are some of the ones I found, by all means not all though, as the server runs 600 maps. Also we may not have to, as Kod has been very helpful in setting up the SmS server for us. We just need to go about trying to add the maps to it.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Nito
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Bao

Post by Bao » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Just a few screens from one of the RNG maps we played last night.

KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Those maps were crazy. Digged it though!

A_Ninja has been putting a lot of maps on the server, I'm sure we have tons of them still to test out.
Bao

Post by Bao » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:52 am

Any chance of another sven night this weekend?