What are you reading now?

Post anything about books, comics, journalism, and the shittiness of Ayn Rand here.
Jason
TODAY IS THURSDAY
<font color=#8b4216><b>TODAY IS THURSDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: What are you reading now?

Post by Jason » Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah, he wrote one to fall in between books 4 and 5 with some more backstory added in I'm pretty sure. It's like the shortest one of all of them just from looking at it, but it got really good reviews and I'm sure it will be a solid read. I'll kill it in a weekend once I wrap up Song of Ice and Fire.

But we totally got it in the DAY it came out from someone and I told my roommate who was doing that trade I wanted it so he took it in at old hardback price instead of new and I got it for like 2 doll hairs with my discount :afro: Doubt it was ever even read, so I saved like 25 doll hairs on a new book.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Lad Stankfoot
Martyn J. Bootyspoon
Martyn J. Bootyspoon

Post by Lad Stankfoot » Sat May 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah, it's pretty short; it's 307 pages of moderately large text compared to my 718 page paperback of Wizard and Glass.
fan0721pke wrote:Make sure all open sores on penis have thoroughly dried and wholesale touch screen laptops scabbed over before use.When taking four cocks in the ass, make sure to have an equal amount of cock in your mouth to reduce the risk of CHI imbalance.
Brig
Swiggity Swoogity

Post by Brig » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:03 pm

I has had been am reading read "The Book Theif" for since school required it did be been has read reading
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Has anyone ever read The Wheel of Time? I've heard great things about that series and some even say it rivals A Song of Ice and Fire
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Haha Brigbar, had that book last year as a class study. Did not like at all.
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 am

brigbar96 wrote:I has had been am reading read "The Book Thief" for school, since school required it did be been has read reading
or: I am reading "The Book Thief" for school, since school required it.

brigbar, i expected better even from you

also every time i see this title i want to post "the title of this thread"

and as a real answer: i recently got my hands on pocket versions of "Alice in wonderland" and "Through the looking glass" (aka Alice 2), and some of Shakespeare's classics, currently reading my text books for the exams though :C
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Sasha Nein

Post by Sasha Nein » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:Has anyone ever read The Wheel of Time? I've heard great things about that series and some even say it rivals A Song of Ice and Fire
Yes I have read The Wheel of Time... Not the last few books by Brandon Sanderson... but I intend to here soon, one of these days.

It is definately an epic saga... Robert Jordan was amazing... but I've heard a lot of people gave up after book 5 because it just began to stall and nothing ever got done. Well this is true, book 5 was the last book that made any real progression through the timeline. But I enjoyed all the rest of the books, I thought all of them had fun content even if the story did not advance very much... there was still character development. And I'm just a sucker for a good series, I couldn't drop it halfway through.

I am told that Mr. Sanderson has really picked up the pace though... but even after 3 books I don't think he has things quite wrapped up.. Robert Jordan had a ton of loose ends.
mbaxter wrote:We're a community built on bad behavior.
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 am

I finally got to reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

I've heard so many people talk about how good it was and now I completely agree with them. The plot is quite complicated but keeps changing as Card show what's happening through more than one perspective including Ender and his sister. The character development is fantastic. The readers watch Ender start as a small 6 year old boy who wants to be like everyone else, to an intelligent 9 year old who is already leader of a small group of soldiers called a "toon."

I'm currently somewhere in between the beginning and middle and I'm always excited to sit down and read it.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Sasha Nein wrote:
Pentagram.J2 wrote:Has anyone ever read The Wheel of Time? I've heard great things about that series and some even say it rivals A Song of Ice and Fire
Yes I have read The Wheel of Time... Not the last few books by Brandon Sanderson... but I intend to here soon, one of these days.

It is definately an epic saga... Robert Jordan was amazing... but I've heard a lot of people gave up after book 5 because it just began to stall and nothing ever got done. Well this is true, book 5 was the last book that made any real progression through the timeline. But I enjoyed all the rest of the books, I thought all of them had fun content even if the story did not advance very much... there was still character development. And I'm just a sucker for a good series, I couldn't drop it halfway through.

I am told that Mr. Sanderson has really picked up the pace though... but even after 3 books I don't think he has things quite wrapped up.. Robert Jordan had a ton of loose ends.
good to know, will definitely be my next series then.

Currently reading A Clash of Kings during my spare time. Loving it
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Can't recommend it or anything Im only a couple chapters in.
Picked it up at goodwill so someone thought it was good\bad enough to donate.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
marbear

Post by marbear » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

The college that I'm attending this fall requires all incoming freshman this year to read the book 420 Characters by Lou Beach. It's basically a collection of short stories all under 420 characters, which was the original limit for Facebook status updates or something. They're actually pretty cool. Most of them fairly twisted, but fascinating. I've only read a handful, but I would definitely recommend checking it out.
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 pm

And I start on a Storm of Swords today.

Let the shitstorm commence...

jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm

I recently finished Speaker for the Dead (Sequel to Ender's Game) and I'm 250 pages into the third book, Xenocide. A very good series.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
GG50

Post by GG50 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Been reading some of Stephen King's books The Green Mile is pretty good so far. I'd reccomend it to anyone that doesnt mind a slow beginning
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

This is a signature; it is for my amusement, not yours.
Wolsk wrote:Real men don't need a woman in order to make babies.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 pm

"one of the most horrifying things I've ever read." - Stephen King
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?