The Book of Gaben (I ACTUALLY MADE IT!)

Post anything about books, comics, journalism, and the shittiness of Ayn Rand here.
SYNHO

The Book of Gaben (I ACTUALLY MADE IT!)

Post by SYNHO » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Hey J2'ers,

Below is a piece of The Book of Gaben, something I wrote after a nice conversation on TF2 last Thursday with some of you guys. If you have something that you want to be mentioned in this part, be sure to mention so and I may take it into consideration!

The Book of Gaben
By: Someone You’ve Never Heard Of

Part I: Gabesis

Nothing. The world started out as nothingness, devoid of all pleasures, all life. Existence was irrelevant, nothing was love, nothing was life.

In the beginning, there was The Gaben. On the First Day, The Gaben created light. With that light then came color. The Gaben then devised all colors, for they will embrace all his subjects.

On the Second Day, The Gaben formed his stronghold, and it was wonderful. The Gaben then spoke, sayeth The Gaben: “Let this stronghold be the point of All Creation. May this sacred land be Valve.”

On the Forbidden Day, The Gaben took rest. He declared “Sinister day, I banish thee from time and space! This day may never manifest itself!” From the ashes of the Forbidden Day came the Second Day, Episode One.

On the Second Day, Episode One, The Gaben crafted his first being. The being was nude, but did not feel shame, nor any emotions whatsoever. The Gaben then sayeth: “Let this one be Gordon Freeman, the first of my offspring.” The Gaben then gave Gordon his blessing, made manifest in a suit of armor. As the armor melded onto Gordon, The Gaben smiled from above, proud of His holy deeds.

On the Fourth Day, The Gaben forged a great tool, made manifest into a flat, long metal. Said The Gaben to Gordon: “May this tool be your namesake, for you shall be the peacekeeper for all my subjects. May this weapon be the Crowbar, that which passes my judgment!” Gordon stood, not saying a word, as The Gaben put the Crowbar into his hands. Gordon then smiled, as this weapon was his own from The Gaben. The Gaben then crafted the world around Gordon, shaping concrete and metal to His image. The Gaben smiled once more, and named this land The Source, that which would aid him in breathing life into the elements around Gordon.

On the Fifth Day, The Gaben created The Source’s bounty: various beings similar to Gordon and forms seemingly disfigured for Gordon’s pleasure. He then spoke: “Let this world be tended by you, for you are the equalizer. That which passes my judgment unto the unworthy!” Gordon humbly accepted His task, dashing into The Source, crowbar in hand. As he began to pass His judgment, a frown immersed Gordon’s face: he did not have an equal to share His bounty with. The Gaben saw this from above and began His holy work.

On the Sixth Day, The Gaben returned to Gordon. The Gaben took Gordon’s voice and molded new life into the earth around him. That which He created took a form similar to Gordon, The Gaben then said: “Let this being be your opposite, yet equal in all forms. Let this one be known as Gabriella, your wife.” Gabriella’s form was similar, yet different to Gordon’s form; like Gordon was upon His creation, she was nude and felt no shame. Her hair was long and soft, unlike Gordon’s short, rough hair. Her form was pale and slender, but she was just as powerful as he. As Gordon stared into Gabriella’s eyes, two orbs of pure, radiant light, he was blinded by her beauty. Taking the crowbar He gave him, Gordon then swung his tool into Gabriella, killing her instantly. Although he was now blind, Gordon knew what he had done, and tears began to rush down his eyes. The murder of Gabriella showed The Gaben the potential of good and evil in beings like Gordon and frowned. He then took Gordon’s heart and split it into two, separating the light and darkness from Gordon into two different beings. The light was fastened into Gordon’s lifeless body as the darkness twisted the flesh of Gabriella into that similar to Gordon. The Gaben called this dark being G-Man and banished him from The Source, roaming the world outside of The Source, separate but equal to Gordon.

On the Seventh Day, The Gaben took rest. Fearing that G-Man would form a rebellion against Him, The Gaben sat in meditation in the center of The Source. From His meditation came soldiers of various shapes and sizes: one was small but quick, another was large and strong, another could hide in the shadows, while shape-shifting into anything around him, among the many. As The Gaben awoke from his meditation, He saw His new creations, strong in body but weak in mind. The Gaben then crafted tools for these nine soldiers and deemed them the Team Fortress. With the creation of His army, The Gaben then bestowed a feast for the warriors. There were then meats, fish, vegetables, breads, whiskey, beer, and milk. From these, the warriors made great tools to take with them into battle along with the weapons He bestowed upon them. These nine men would become the vanguards for The Source, keeping G-Man away for all eternity. In response to their loyalty, The Gaben then devised ornaments for the men to wear on their heads. The Gaben then said, “Let there be hats!” and there was much rejoice. The warriors then began to take their spoils of war and craft additional hats, becoming obsessed with the ornaments. Feelings of envy and jealousy along with quarreling and violence between the warriors made The Gaben uneasy. The Gaben then passed judgment to His warriors and split them as He did Gordon. The blood of the warriors were made into doppelgangers of the same, stained in the color red for eternity. When the blood of the warriors was released from their bodies, the husks left turned blue and gained sentience. Thus began the war between the red and blue warriors, fighting for His favor and the bounty of hats that followed.
If you've read this, then you're a step closer to happiness.
Usernamedoesnotexist
Resident Rule Breaker

Re: The Book of Gaben (I ACTUALLY MADE IT!)

Post by Usernamedoesnotexist » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:04 pm

TL;DR
Am I JUST a Username? Or am I MORE than just a Username?

... Nah... I'm just a dude on the internet
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:21 pm

;_; Beautiful. I crai erry' time.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
SYNHO

Post by SYNHO » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:21 pm

KatanaRama wrote:;_; Beautiful. I crai erry' time.
liek dis if u cri evry tiem :(
If you've read this, then you're a step closer to happiness.
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:54 pm

That was amazing. 10/10 would Gaben again.
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is LinearSpixx, and my LoL account name is GGLineaR.

If you want to play, message me. I'm like a vampire, yo. If I don't have an invite, I can't bring myself to hop in.