Page 1 of 1

Do you write things?

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:01 am
by marbear
I'm currently taking a class that essentially involves producing and editing a literary magazine. We get a pretty decent amount of submissions, but I just wanted to put it out there that this is a good opportunity to potentially be published in a growing magazine and start to get your name out there.

http://pamplemoussevt.org/submit/

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:47 am
by Grndslmhttr3
I write shitty forum posts

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:19 pm
by marbear
wow cool

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 pm
by Jason
marbear wrote:wow cool
tsssssssssssssss.

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:51 am
by Bao
I write shitty things.

Is the "Submissions are accepted during the academic year, September to May." bit actually true or is there like a priority deadline?

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:53 am
by Jason
Is a song about how you want to break someone's teeth told through metaphor with space lasers a thing

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:40 pm
by marbear
Bao wrote:I write shitty things.

Is the "Submissions are accepted during the academic year, September to May." bit actually true or is there like a priority deadline?

It's published at the end of every semester, so if we don't get the chance to read your submission for the current issue it would be read the following semester. So yeah it's true
Jason wrote:Is a song about how you want to break someone's teeth told through metaphor with space lasers a thing
i hope so

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:17 pm
by KoD
No, but lately I have kept a journal of ideas in the form of a text document. Nothing profession but it's an interesting concept. Writing doesn't seem like my cup of tea though, at least not yet. Maybe in a dozen years?

It's cool you're taking the class, keep up the good work. That is a useful skill to have.

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:14 pm
by Pentagram.J2
I'm a creative writing major so...

kinda

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:55 pm
by tehENEMY
I wrote a grocery list today.

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:15 pm
by Jason
Old friend of mine won this, saw her post about it on the facespace. Pretty cool.

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:16 am
by marbear
won what?

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 pm
by Brig
I do write things!

I'm actually planning on submitting some poetry to my school's annual poetry/short story book, which is very competitive and (in my opinion) very, very good.

I've written some already but I'm having trouble with others. I may post whatever gets published here, but if there's really good writers on here I could always use some suggestions or comments on writing I have done if your interested, which are greatly appreciated.

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:23 pm
by Sanvich Hoovy
Brig wrote:I do write things!

I'm actually planning on submitting some poetry to my school's annual poetry/short story book, which is very competitive and (in my opinion) very, very good.

I've written some already but I'm having trouble with others. I may post whatever gets published here, but if there's really good writers on here I could always use some suggestions or comments on writing I have done if your interested, which are greatly appreciated.
Submit your fanfiction

Re: Do you write things?

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:25 pm
by Brig
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Brig wrote:I do write things!

I'm actually planning on submitting some poetry to my school's annual poetry/short story book, which is very competitive and (in my opinion) very, very good.

I've written some already but I'm having trouble with others. I may post whatever gets published here, but if there's really good writers on here I could always use some suggestions or comments on writing I have done if your interested, which are greatly appreciated.
Submit your fanfiction

Holy shit I forgot that existed, that would be insane. Whatever happened with that thing.