Minecraft Pictures/Videos

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
Singe

Re: Minecraft Pictures/Videos

Post by Singe » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:33 pm

In 1.6, naming a mob "Dinnerbone" will make it appear upside-down.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Are you SURE you don't visit reddit?
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Singe

Post by Singe » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:00 pm

narwal wrote:Are you SURE you don't visit reddit?
Yep. Tavirider showed me that. :P

He's all over reddit.
GG50

Post by GG50 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Was bored this morning, made this.

Guess it's some sort of airship dock; wasn't really fully alert when I was doing this.
Two and a half hours of work in all.
Last edited by GG50 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

This is a signature; it is for my amusement, not yours.
Wolsk wrote:Real men don't need a woman in order to make babies.
ragenidhogg

Post by ragenidhogg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:32 am

So, decided to start a new world on singleplayer for 1.6, and in 2 hours I managed to make this. Nothing to be too proud of, just the fastest time I've ever managed to get all these.
VIEW CONTENT:

jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:43 am

Better than I can do in a month.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:02 am

ragenidhogg wrote:So, decided to start a new world on singleplayer for 1.6, and in 2 hours I managed to make this. Nothing to be too proud of, just the fastest time I've ever managed to get all these.
VIEW CONTENT:

Heh. I found a quad mob spawner (1 zombie, 1 skelly, 2 cave spider) on my new 1.6 world, but I'm having terrible luck with finding diamond. I'll post some pics later.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
ragenidhogg

Post by ragenidhogg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:21 am

Nice! By quad mob spawner, do you mean completely connected together, or seperate. I know the chances of them being together is astronomically low, but that would be amazing if they were.
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 am

ragenidhogg wrote:Nice! By quad mob spawner, do you mean completely connected together, or seperate. I know the chances of them being together is astronomically low, but that would be amazing if they were.
Three of them are connected and the fourth is a few blocks away, but I can stand in the center and trigger all four.
EDIT: I had the coordinates marked on a sign in my house in a village, and I then tried to install a lava and glass floor. Not one of my better ideas. I'll search around for the spawners a bit, but I'm considering just going into mcedit and finding them that way.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:34 pm

dyl, care to share the seed of this awesome world + maybe the location? I'd love to try it out.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
ragenidhogg

Post by ragenidhogg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 pm

dyl1138 wrote:
ragenidhogg wrote:Nice! By quad mob spawner, do you mean completely connected together, or seperate. I know the chances of them being together is astronomically low, but that would be amazing if they were.
Three of them are connected and the fourth is a few blocks away, but I can stand in the center and trigger all four.
EDIT: I had the coordinates marked on a sign in my house in a village, and I then tried to install a lava and glass floor. Not one of my better ideas. I'll search around for the spawners a bit, but I'm considering just going into mcedit and finding them that way.
Damn, that sucks. Its probably a better idea just to hop on mcedit, because it could take you hours to find it again if you accidently go in the opposite direction. And as vxi says, you should really post the seed and coords, and let us try it out as well; not all of us get as lucky as you. :P I just started to build an xp farm, should be finished soon. So far I've gone through a ton of wood. At this rate I might have to chop down my whole forest. :\
PaulPer

Post by PaulPer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 pm

here's a great seed for 1.6

just go past the hill infront of you and you reach the village

you start with atleast 6 dungeons below ground nearby
and near a village full of farmland and crops of everything but pumpkins(i found them nearby) and melons
2 houses of bookshelves and a group of horses nearby too

there's alot of disk 13 and cat in chests in the dungoens.... like ALOT ALOT ALOT of them

dont bother jungle temple hunting the nearby jungle(not one to be found)

also a video to for it too
VIEW CONTENT:
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:06 pm

I'll get the seed and coords ASAP. Btw second cave spider spawner might not actually trigger, because I was using rough estimates for relative distances from each other.

EDIT: Turns out that chunk was generated using 1.5.2 instead of 1.6.1. My world is generated with versions from Minecraft 1.0
onward, but it turns out these chunks were generated before I updated to 1.6.1. Most likely what happened was I switched to far render distance to take a pic then switched back to tiny, generating the necessary chunks before I updated. If you enter the seed into a 1.5.2 generator you'll get the dungeons, but in 1.6.1 all you'll get is the cave spider spawner, since the only world generator change in 1.6 is what the dungeon chests spawn, which apparently also changes where they spawn.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
ragenidhogg

Post by ragenidhogg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 am

Finally (sort of) finished the mob spawner, I forgot to take a picture of the top, but it's snow, so that if I feel like making it bigger, then all I would have to do would be to take off the snow cover. Here's some pics.
VIEW CONTENT:
Oh, and anyone know when they added chests to nether fortresses? Was it recent, because I found many of these.
VIEW CONTENT:
GG50

Post by GG50 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Think its from 1.6, haven't seen chests in the nether before.
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

This is a signature; it is for my amusement, not yours.
Wolsk wrote:Real men don't need a woman in order to make babies.