Lava Shenanigans

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
craigyboy38

Lava Shenanigans

Post by craigyboy38 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:58 pm

This thread is for mbaxter and nightfantom to read. I'm aware that you will know what this is about so here is the picture of the dragon that is breaking the rules.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6568/43781720.png

Now I believe that breaks the lava rule.
I got untrusted for breaking the rule where as the person that made this dragon did not.

So could you please explain why they dont get untrusted for this?

Thanks, craigyboy38
Ikri wrote: You have... a Gumby.
You decide to remove Gumby in order to use that land for another structure. As you TNT Gumby, you realize, he looks AWESOME with one leg and half a torso. Forget the new structure, you want to keep the holy tripod Gumby! You clean up the water and lava, put down your TNT and make it somewhat presentable. But, will Chairman Bax allow such bizarre creatures roam mc2?
joe wrote:god damn it i want to be trusted now

how do i get in on this gravy train
koko
[citation needed]

Re: Lava Shenanigans

Post by koko » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:03 pm

lava breathing dragon looks cool and its not fucking anything up whats the problem?
or is it? who built the dragon? did he put the lava there.
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
craigyboy38

Post by craigyboy38 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:09 pm

mine wasnt ruining anything either
You decide to remove Gumby in order to use that land for another structure. As you TNT Gumby, you realize, he looks AWESOME with one leg and half a torso. Forget the new structure, you want to keep the holy tripod Gumby! You clean up the water and lava, put down your TNT and make it somewhat presentable. But, will Chairman Bax allow such bizarre creatures roam mc2?

Ikri

Post by Ikri » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:16 pm

You didn't read the rules, admitted to it, and used lava irresponsibly. Had you read the rules a trusted user must follow, you would have known not to place lava above ground in large quantities.

In this example here, of the sea serpent, this is responsible usage. Nothing to damage, nothing to set aflame over a ton of water. This is well thought out.

craigyboy38 wrote:mine wasnt ruining anything either
If a griefer got to this, what could they really harm? Water might become cobblestone, and that's it.
craigyboy38

Post by craigyboy38 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Ikri wrote: If a griefer got to this, what could they really harm? Water might become cobblestone, and that's it.
Sorry I don't really understand

Ikri

Post by Ikri » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:33 pm

If the lava-breath was griefed, if someone decided to ruin it, there isn't much that could be done to harm the serpent or the area around it. They could... divert the lava, stop the lava, maybe burn a log or two... but there isn't much to grief.
craigyboy38

Post by craigyboy38 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:40 pm

oh well i just think its not very fair seeing as my lava was gone within the first 5 minutes as i was asked to destroy it and i still get untrusted

joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:44 pm

no need to argue with the guy, he's asking as sincere question:

is lava against the rules or not? if so, whoever made the dragon should also be punished. if not, then the rules need clarification because craigyboy doesn't know what he did wrong.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
craigyboy38

Post by craigyboy38 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:53 pm

i see what i did wrong but i think its slightly harsh to untrust me for a month

Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Ikri wrote:If the lava-breath was griefed, if someone decided to ruin it, there isn't much that could be done to harm the serpent or the area around it. They could... divert the lava, stop the lava, maybe burn a log or two... but there isn't much to grief.
I think the point craigyboy is trying to make was that his bridge was also above water.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:57 pm

eh ive never been trusted and i probably never will be. it's not that big a deal.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Maggles

Post by Maggles » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:00 pm

joe wrote:no need to argue with the guy, he's asking as sincere question:

is lava against the rules or not? if so, whoever made the dragon should also be punished. if not, then the rules need clarification because craigyboy doesn't know what he did wrong.

Obviously he did he thought was right. since he quoted mbaxter in this topic http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=22 ... &start=150
mbaxter wrote:On the note of griefing, please do not put lava or water above ground in large quantities.
now this dragon HAS lava above ground in large quantities.

I have to agree with Ikri that the smartest option would have been to leave it alone cuz buckets are blacklisted and cant be used to transport the lava...therefor minimum griefing because of where the lava was placed.....

Now i have to agree with joe too...the rules is a bit vague when user trusted materials such as lava is involved and when it is ok to remove them.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:26 pm

The dragon is a pretty small quantity. craigy's bridge was significantly more lava over a wider area. And more importantly he admitted to not reading the rules.

Small amounts of lava to accomplish an effect are ok. For instance, that dragon isn't gonna cause any server-side or client-side problems. When you start making WALLS of lava overflowing everywhere, you get issues.
craigyboy38

Post by craigyboy38 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Yeah i know but i just dont understand how untrusted people could grief with it...

Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:44 pm

If it's close to wooden structures, they can dig a channel to make the lava flow onto them, setting them ablaze.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits