joe.to Trading City -- INVITATION ONLY -- READ FIRST POST

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
jamietech
Now Biodegradable

joe.to Trading City -- INVITATION ONLY -- READ FIRST POST

Post by jamietech » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 am

joe.to mc4 Trading City

All homes and some shops in the underground town have been exploded. Now finishing the residential area upstairs and starting on commercial area. :sunny:

Town Rules:
No PVP (unless both consent)
No Griefing
No Raiding/theft

If you're found to do any one of these, depending on the severity, you may be asked to leave the city for either a small period of time (1 day, 1 week, etc.) or indefinitely. Of course all of these can be amended, however we just want to be safe. We're nice enough to invite you into our home, so please respect our city and our belongings, as well as our persons.

A note on the no-PVP rule:
We do hold PVP tournaments and the reward is usually something significant and/or rare (such as records, diamonds, saddles, etc.)

We'd prefer it if when you logged out, you kept your TNT on your person (however this is not a rule) to avoid another griefing in the same style as the one we had earlier this week. :)
Ikri wrote:We've been presented with an interesting opportunity: to expand our underground residential area! :D

Currently we're moving everyone's obvious room belongings to a different location near by so they're not lost / mixed up from the forceful expansion. We're giving residents a day or two (or until some yahoo sets it off) to gather any additional belongings (hidden chests, gardens, etc.) that we're unable to recover.

PM myself, Validatorian, rawr1337XD, mbaxter or Recck for the location.

Once we're done reconstructing the area it will be safe to move back.
The city is entirely open to who ever you wish to bring. You will not be panelized if an invitation turns out to be sour (PVPer, griefer, raider, etc.), however use your best judgement and do not invite an obvious griefer or asshole.

If someone offers you items for the coords to the city, just know they're either hoping to get more items than what they're offering (raider, griefer) and/or will kill you once they get there. Not a good deal. Please, only invite and do not give out coords at random.
Banned from city:
  • madesmom13
    TKGP
    jamietech
Look out for (bad people):
  • madesmom13
    TKGP
Citizen Note: NO TNT IS TO BE IN CHESTS, EVAR[/b]

This thread will constantly be updated with new details

Access to city/coords will be on an invitation only basis. DO NOT GIVE COORDINATES OUT VIA PUBLIC CHAT, USE PRIVATE MESSAGE INSTEAD
Last edited by jamietech on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 13 times in total.
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Re: MC4 j2 Neutral Trading City!

Post by King_Fluffy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:07 am

And thanks to Q482W, we have a lovely tunnel all the way from spawn to town!
That was probably the worst thing you could have said.
*facepalm*
If I wasn't too far away from spawn I'd like to join you. Maybe next time I die if I do I'll check it out. Can I get an invite then?
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
pooaw
Radio edit
<font color=#0040FF>Radio edit</font>

Post by pooaw » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 am

Sounds like one of the best MC4 ideas i've ever heard! If there really is no PvP or raiding, i'd love to check this out!
nightmare 101 wrote:I appreciate you brigbar, for being a sexy young lass. Every time I see one of your posts, it brings a smile to my face. My <3 aches for threads like this, and your feminine sensuality has tempered the bounds of what the immature forum truly means to us. In days long since passed, it was the breeding ground of hateful spite. Truly, this fountain of effeminate care and love called Brigbar96 has changed everything for us. We will drop our arms and hug one another. Hate is the past, and it's only made possible by our one and only..

<3 brigbar96 <3
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:37 am

also important to know: it's both a safe place if you just want to be part of a little community, and a place where there's nothing to be found to steal or raid, unless you really want a tree (derp)

i've been there, checked it out with the minds of a raider and a customer and a scaredy-cat, and it looks useless to raiders and cool to the rest

furthermore: there is pvp there, but no reason to do it
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
SuitableFish
Turtle Tickler

Post by SuitableFish » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 am

It be a great city mates and matets
CheeseRocks

Post by CheeseRocks » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 am

I think I was invited to this by mbaxter. I am in some kind of underground city anyway :)
SuitableFish
Turtle Tickler

Post by SuitableFish » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:34 am

Then you are in the correct place i think
diego96
War-Chief

Post by diego96 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:18 am

pooaw wrote:Sounds like one of the best MC4 ideas i've ever heard! If there really is no PvP or raiding, i'd love to check this out!
Yeah, it is a very good idea, No Raiding, and no PvP it is surely the best idea. I hope that the trade center expands more, so more people can join. :D
Nothing to see here.
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Someone will grief it just because.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Validatorian

Post by Validatorian » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:18 pm

CaptainTripps wrote:Someone will grief it just because.
They have, several times -- but generally the fun wears off from greifing when people don't throw fits, they just fix it and go about their business. So far as I know, we haven't been griefed in a few days.

Personally, I like the PvP/raiding aspect of mc4 -- but I think the availability of a 'safe town' is fantastic.
Aristotle wrote:It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:23 pm

I had an idea to make spawn this, with the non griefing aspect enforced by not being able to alter blocks within like 50 of it. The PvP part would have been optional/honor system.

everyone usually meets at spawn to trade stuff anyway.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
recck

Post by recck » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:11 pm

I found this place a while ago, it's pretty nice.. I check back every few days to see how things are progressing. It's a long ass walk from my base to there though.
Q48VW

Post by Q48VW » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:38 pm

"Q482W" Thanks for that.
mbaxter wrote:The servers are getting pieced back together like a puzzle, except half the pieces don't fit and tehENEMY ate some of them.
jamietech
Now Biodegradable

Post by jamietech » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:09 pm

It was late at night :(
Lad Stankfoot
Martyn J. Bootyspoon
Martyn J. Bootyspoon

Post by Lad Stankfoot » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Once Notch makes beds mobile spawnpoints like he said, I'll probably join you all. This sounds cool, I'd like to help.
fan0721pke wrote:Make sure all open sores on penis have thoroughly dried and wholesale touch screen laptops scabbed over before use.When taking four cocks in the ass, make sure to have an equal amount of cock in your mouth to reduce the risk of CHI imbalance.