Does mc1 have to reset?

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Does mc1 have to reset?

Post by EvilWalrus » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 am

Why do we have to reset mc1? I use to hate mc1 but I got in a clan with fanta_drinker and I just cannot reset now!
Is there anyway we can stop this? :sadasfuck:
I don't want to argue with the admins but just tell me what you guys think
DWalk

Re: Does mc1 have to reset?

Post by DWalk » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:46 am

In my opinion, a reset not long after you've started isn't as bad as it would be after playing for a while
I've come so far in my short time on the server, so being set back is a big bummer for me
Not to say that you haven't accomplished much, because I don't know if you have or not, but you'd be losing very little compared to some other players on MC1

Ikri

Post by Ikri » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:20 am

Good to see you're having fun on mc1 :) The server will be reset, but it doesn't need to be at the moment or anywhere in the near future, so you're safe to play and enjoy getting all sorts of cool goodies and still enjoy them in the mean time.

The new mc1 map will be much more than just a simple reset. You'll spend hours and hours of experiencing the content we're adding, and you probably still won't discover all of it. Even if you've been playing a lot and gaining a lot of success on mc1, the new map will be a fresh restart with plenty of extra fun to be had.

Plus, starting new offers you new challenges, pushes you out of your comfort zone into creating more intelligent decisions on how to set up your faction base(s) and any amenities they may offer your members.

All this silliness about "OMG the reset is c0ming soon guyz!!1!11" is entirely incorrect because they have no idea when the reset is coming. They're just repeating this message amongst each other and spreading panic and discouragement without any valid source. I don't see why we just don't start warning and banning people that spread this incorrect information. It really ruins the fun. :(
Daniel

Post by Daniel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:31 am

and when it resets its like starting a new world after awhile you will get bored they can always move spawn but it also puts new people to a disadvantige. anyone resets are always fun cause you can see how well they have worked on the new spawn. and all this nonsense about it resetting soon we dont know and we shouldnt care in my oppinion.
Wolf

Post by Wolf » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:37 am

I'm excited for the reset.
Need4Rush
SnapBacks&Tattoos
<i>SnapBacks&Tattoos</i>

Post by Need4Rush » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 am

Well, we all know its coming. D:
Kieraan
Slightly Bonkers

Post by Kieraan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Yes, it's coming at some point in the future... However, that doesn't mean its definitely coming SOON.
"At any given time, the urge to sing "The lion sleeps tonight" is just a whim away. A whim away, a whim away, a whim away..."
J0E

Post by J0E » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Ikri wrote:The server will be reset, but it doesn't need to be at the moment or anywhere in the near future, so you're safe to play and enjoy getting all sorts of cool goodies and still enjoy them in the mean time.
So why was there a bunch of threads with admins saying the server is going to be reset soon? Kinda sucks that 1 admin says something and another says something totally different...................
ikri wrote:All this silliness about "OMG the reset is c0ming soon guyz!!1!11" is entirely incorrect because they have no idea when the reset is coming. They're just repeating this message amongst each other and spreading panic and discouragement without any valid source. I don't see why we just don't start warning and banning people that spread this incorrect information. It really ruins the fun. :(
This is wrong. I've seen Sr. Staff say in public threads the reseet is coming very soon.

"Developing in the dark is scary and probably wrong." - Notch

People not to trust: go fuck yourself you pretentious fuck
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Ikri's just confused, that's all.

*pats Ikri*
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Im going to be happy for he reset. 10 Minutes ago i was sad but 10 minutes ago my faction member contacted me and and said we had been raided. So i lost my 9 stacks of iron and my diamond :(. Its these times that i cant WAIT for the reset. Go ahead and reset sometime soon. Like maybe On christmas (tomorrow) or maybe not :p
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Well I WAS excited when someone trolled me, but now, it will be hard
BarrelRoller

Post by BarrelRoller » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm really excited because it gives me the ability to make a new base that is more organized without passing my members off in moving the base :p

I am sad though that I will lose my rank as #2 in mining and my silk touch pick and super pick :(

overall though, so can't wait

Post by brianomarr » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Seems like a bunch of people are super exited about the reset! Finally!
Tata
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Yeah since i lost all of my amazing stuff :( ill be super happy when finally im just as good as everyone else
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
DWalk

Post by DWalk » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:38 pm

jmtokx wrote:Yeah since i lost all of my amazing stuff :( ill be super happy when finally im just as good as everyone else
That won't last long ;)