A series of things that should come back.

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers

What to bring?

/party mc1
11%
/party mc2
31%
/warp mc2
31%
Comedy Option: Bring back Dillboss5!
28%

Total votes: 36
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

A series of things that should come back.

Post by jmtokx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Hello all.

I decided not to post this in the Server game mode ideas thread because I don't have any links.

I've been meaning to post this for a while because It has bothered me for some time. On our servers, mc1 and mc2, lot's of great new things have been added, but there are some things that were taken away, that had no reason to be taken away. For example, Say I'm messaging a player, I don't want to have to type /msg (name) over and over. Earlier we have the /r command that worked well and efficiently. Now if you try to use /r it says "Nuh uh". The only reason I can think of to get rid of this is if I'm messaging two people, then when I'm typing /r someone else messages me and I accidently message them the wrong message. But that's not a very good reason anyway. It can be easily avoided by deleting your message or making sure you're not messaging anyone else.

Another example, On mc1, What if I want to talk to a certain group of people without other people seeing it? Before we had /party. Create a party and invite people. The only reason I see to get rid of that is because of the party tping. A good way to avoid being able to do that? Disable it, or make it cost a shitton of money! That way you can't teleport willy nilly!

Speaking of which, Admins are always saying "use /msg to talk to one person". But what if we need to talk to more than one person, and we don't want to spam? I don't see why /party can't be put onto mc2. I happen to know joe.to makes lots of it's own plugins, so if it's because it's a part of a bigger plugin like mcMMO, just take the Party aspect of it and put it into a different plugin for our own use. If people are Roleplaying, it's annoying to hear them talk about a storyline. So make a party with the Roleplay characters in it and just speak in party chat! Another great way to stop spamming!

What should also come back(for mc2)? Warps.
I recently made a National Mooshroom Preserve and in addition a wonderful warp point with info and whatnot. It's perfect for a warp point but when I asked if it could have a warp point the admin said it was "broken."

I don't majorly see why these can't be added. In my opinion it would make the servers more enjoyable.
Last edited by jmtokx on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
GarrettRube
Shadow Stalker

Re: A series of things that should come back.

Post by GarrettRube » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Well I can personally say that /r was probably taken out, because it conflicts with the commands of another admin only plugin we have. Thus you getting the "Nuh uh" message.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

Common sense is a collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18.
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater

Post by jmtokx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:52 pm

I see.
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I like the /party on mc2 idea.

Because if I listen to one more roleplay clusterfuck I am going to flip shit.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Another thing to come back onto the servers: Me... :sadasfuck: But I have a few months left... But yes I agree /party should be on mc2. Maybe this one plugin I know could come onto mc1. It lets you make hidden doors. It'd make thing so much more interesting on mc1. I know its not something to come back, but I'd like it if it did appear on the servers.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:35 pm

dillboss5 wrote:Another thing to come back onto the servers: Me.
fuck no unless....

But seriously no don't come back or at least dont ever post again.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater

Post by jmtokx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Made it a poll. Cast your votes!
GarrettRube
Shadow Stalker

Post by GarrettRube » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Might as well take off the /r option. I've already explained why that won't be happening. Party, I could see tho, being a viable addition, but only on mc2.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater

Post by jmtokx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Why not on mc1?
marbear

Post by marbear » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:12 pm

GarrettRube wrote:Might as well take off the /r option. I've already explained why that won't be happening. Party, I could see tho, being a viable addition, but only on mc2.
Perhaps it could be a different key other than r ?
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater

Post by jmtokx » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:13 pm

If there ever was a Comedy Option that, now, no one wants to vote for. :P.

About about /re?

Edit: Edited the Poll. Everyone has to revote.
GarrettRube
Shadow Stalker

Post by GarrettRube » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 pm

jmtokx wrote:Why not on mc1?
Because most 'party' plugins I've seen utilize teleport options. And also, that's just a way to get a free faction, in a way, thus making the factions plugin redundant. Party chat in mc1 is either, faction chat, or alliance chat. That way you're not spamming chat, anyway. Mcmmo has a party option that allows for party chat, tp, and to not damage those in your party, but it was disabled for that very reason.

As far as rebinding the key, I'm sure it would be possible, but I just really don't see it happening. Imho, it's a "why fix what isn't broken," issue.
But I have seen multiple complaints about the fact that you have to type /msg playername (message) everytime. A shortcut for that is to type in the first 2-3 letters and then hit tab, it'll auto-fill the rest of the name in for you.

Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 am

Ammar just coded /reply, it should be showing up within a day or two.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

ammaraskar

Post by ammaraskar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 am

Alias for that is /rep, up now

Ikri - About to head home now. If I'm not back in Eugene in 10 hours, it's probably because we hit a deer and the deer won, or lost, depending on how you look at the situation. Ouch.
Neelpos - If it's still alive after the collision slit its throat for messing up your car, then drink its blood to gain its power.

<+collinday> gamesurge is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
<@benderj2> collinday: YOUR MOM is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater

Post by jmtokx » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am

Party on mc2 would fix a lot of spamming problems. The spamming problem is the thing that's broken and /party will fix it.

Thank you ammaraskar for coding /rep.