Griefing is tolerated/encouraged?

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
Cyfun

Griefing is tolerated/encouraged?

Post by Cyfun » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm confused, the rules in this forum state "Do not grief other players or their structures," and the rules on the MC server itself state that one should not ruin the fun of other players. However, people keep insisting on fucking with me, and the last time it was by Kislingbury who raided and griefed me nicely, and also appeared to be cheating or hacking cause he kept disappearing and my weapons had no effect on him, and now I come to find out he's actually an admin.

The rules seem to be clear as mud, and I'm unsure about how to complain about such things or if I'm even supposed to. I've been in the j2 community for ages, and having gotten frustrated with other poorly managed servers and given up MC months ago, I decided to give it another shot and try your MC server. Now I'm starting to regret it.

So is griefing/raiding encouraged as some people claim? Can I go on the server and steal other people's shit, burn their places down, etc? I'd rather not, it's more fun to collect shit and build shit and work together, but if that's the name of the game...
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Re: Griefing is tolerated/encouraged?

Post by RideTheWalrus » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:45 pm

On the survival server, griefing/raiding is allowed, because it's a SURVIVAL server. Deal with it.

But not on the creative server. :3
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Admins have abused their powers in the past, I would definitely take it up with a senior staff like mbaxter or eviltechie.

You are, however, allowed to grief / raid on the survival portion.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Rules and guidelines thread has been updated. http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=54630

And on the subject of an admin abusing their powers, I have already told you to go speak with a senior about it.
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi. Contact me. Thanks.