Dweson & Diego Spawn camping/Spawn camping&killing inGeneral

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
inermotion

Dweson & Diego Spawn camping/Spawn camping&killing inGeneral

Post by inermotion » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:22 pm

I understand this is not just Dweson & Diego that do this, They are the ones that I see at spawn most often waiting there for people to go out. Its unfair to players who need to go through spawn to get places & players who are just starting on the server. I think action should be taken/cracked down on.

Thank you for your time =)
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Re: Dweson & Diego Spawn camping/Spawn camping&killing inGen

Post by Azzza » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Some players tend to meet just outside the spawn safe zone to 1v1 with each other, and other players can sometimes get caught in the firing line of these set up player vs. player battles. It's not always spawn killing as such.
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
marbear

Post by marbear » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:37 pm

I don't think I have seen, so far, an issue with players spawn killing new players...do you have any specific instances?

I also don't really feel like spawn killing players who have been on for a while and are in a faction is an issue. Since it is free to /f home, why not just do that, or wait for people to leave?
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
inermotion

Post by inermotion » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 pm

I understand the pre setup battles, The majority I see & read in chat is spawn killing. I have seen a few players who will wait at spawn until a player gets just outside so they can kill, unfortunately I experienced it x.x Dweson & Diego have done this multiple times at spawn while Other factions/players aren't allowed to. I don't want to start an argument, Just wanted to get it out there for future reference. I never bring stuff to the forums unless I feel it is necessary.

Side note - Don't see you on much anymore marbear =( We miss you!
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 am

So there is this wonderful thing called proof which makes investigation much easier. Kills aren't logged so without proof there isn't anything I can do. Get some proof of spawn killing and then we'll talk.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 am

It's not possible to spawn kill. The safe zone is too big.
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Post by RideTheWalrus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:55 am

He raided my base once.

I demand 2000000 year ban.

But seriously, I've never seen Dweson and/or Diego really infringing any rules.
jamietech
Now Biodegradable

Post by jamietech » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:27 am

Azzza wrote:Some players tend to meet just outside the spawn safe zone to 1v1 with each other, and other players can sometimes get caught in the firing line of these set up player vs. player battles. It's not always spawn killing as such.
A PvP arena was created to prevent this issue and this is stated in the spawn zone.
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

There's many ways out of spawn. This makes spawn killing very difficult. If you don't want to get killed, don't go out of the safe zone the same way everyone else does. Also, 1v1 in the arena is impossible with people with invis potions camping just inside to pick up the drops from when someone dies.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Reece

Post by Reece » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm

jamietech wrote:
Azzza wrote:Some players tend to meet just outside the spawn safe zone to 1v1 with each other, and other players can sometimes get caught in the firing line of these set up player vs. player battles. It's not always spawn killing as such.
A PvP arena was created to prevent this issue and this is stated in the spawn zone.

The PvP arena was created to have, as the name implies, PvP. That doesn't mean it is the sole place for PvP. It's just an alternative to the wilderness. Also, when you say "stated in the spawn zone", what do you mean? The only thing stated in spawn zone is "Try to /warp pvp" or something along those lines :p.

There's a reason that spawn has about 2000 blocks of surface area (if you will). It's so that spawn camping is literally impossible. If you want to leave spawn, go a different route. Standing at spawn and waiting for established players who can /f home if they really wanted to is perfectly acceptable. What's NOT acceptable is killing brand new players that don't have any gear etc and who don't realize that spawn has multiple exits.
kevkingofthesea: May you all bask forever in the glory of the Cube.
Dweson

Post by Dweson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm

So... Inermotion. You're complaining that we "spawn killed" you and Kingfishy, but strangely enough you guys where about 100/200 blocks away from the spawn. The only thing we did from inside the spawn watch where you guys went, and then followed you. After the fact you guys proceeded to whine about it and claim we were in creative mode. Just get over the fact we killed you.
inermotion

Post by inermotion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am

Thank you Reece for clarifying the rules. Just so I have this rite it is okay to kill just outside of spawn as long as the player is wearing gear? We had gone a different route (sorry I should have said that). Dweson im okay with being killed but not when it is being abused. I did not mean that is is just you & Diego, there are other players who are doing the same.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 am

From the rules
Spawn is not a safe zone. However, do not sit at spawn repeatedly killing users as they respawn.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm

I mean, spawncamping isn't impossible. You say the spawn is too big, but the main exit is the most used exit and the Warzone area is maybe 10 blocks from the wall. All it takes is for someone to camp right in the Warzone and wait for players to venture out.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."