So, What Server Next?

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers

Please choose ONE non-green and (optionally) ONE green. Not 2 green or 2 non-green.

Three Kingdoms
5%
Hunger Games
3%
PvP
3%
PvE
12%
Factions
25%
Other
12%
+Skylands
26%
+World generation other than skylands
14%

Total votes: 65
ninjachipmunk97

Re: So, What Server Next?

Post by ninjachipmunk97 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:40 pm

I honestly would like to see factions again. The factions server that I freaking loved was the one where you actually had to pay to make a faction. You had to pay to do /f home, you pretty much had to pay for a lot of stuff. It was more intense and it kept people busy for quite a while. In my opinion that is the factions the "worked" and lasted the longest. Obviously a lot of the Minecraft community has decayed but that doesn't mean you can't advertise the server to get new players. I would definitely play a server like that again. Unless I am playing a better game when you guys release a server (which seems to always happen).
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:45 pm

I didn't see a lot of people on that server since it was so difficult to get started. Many people just gave up on trying to make huge amounts of money in order to do basic things. Therefore, there's pretty much nothing to do for them. On average, there were about 2-5 people on at a time (this was when maybe 15 people would be on MC2 at once).
ninjachipmunk97

Post by ninjachipmunk97 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Are you sure we are thinking of the same server? Because there were easily on average 20 players daily until after like 2 months, when some factions got really powerful and took each other out.
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:13 pm

There were maybe 20 players at the very first week, maybe. It was only fun if you were in a dominant faction, all-powerful faction. The majority of the players on MC1 were weaker and poor, so it was too difficult to start on the server sice there were these huge factions that wiped out everything. That server (I know what server you're talking about) died far more quickly than the plain Factions we had before and after. The '20 people on all the time' is definitely incorrect.