So, What Server Next?

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers

Please choose ONE non-green and (optionally) ONE green. Not 2 green or 2 non-green.

Three Kingdoms
5%
Hunger Games
3%
PvP
3%
PvE
12%
Factions
25%
Other
12%
+Skylands
26%
+World generation other than skylands
14%

Total votes: 65
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

So, What Server Next?

Post by vxi » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:53 pm

This thread is purely for my curiosity. I know it's been done before, and I'd just like to see what people want next. It's probably Factions, but I think that may die out even sooner than MC4, or relatively soon in comparison. Personally, I'd like to see MC3 again, and I'd love to see it with a different map generation type, preferably skylands.
So, what's your opinion? What would you like to see next? (Not what is/was your favorite, but what would you like to see)
If you chose Other, please specify below what you'd like to see as a gamemode. Please don't suggest a whitelisted or creative server.
When you choose a non-green one, the green doesn't necessarily have to go with the non-green you chose.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Re: So, What Server Next?

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:33 pm

If I had to put up a server this second, it would be PvE with a world generator along the lines of 100% extreme hills. Something similar to how it was back in beta.

That being said, we're planning something that is not on that list at all.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Kieraan
Slightly Bonkers

Post by Kieraan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Eviltechie wrote:...we're planning something that is not on that list at all.
"At any given time, the urge to sing "The lion sleeps tonight" is just a whim away. A whim away, a whim away, a whim away..."
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:05 pm

I found a combination of Skylands and Factions interesting, and I want to see how it may turn out.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:20 am

I know I shouldn't revive old threads but it was either this or make a new thread.

Anyway 1.7's snapshot has been released and the new Biomes look like it will make things much more interesting for any game mode. With the Extreme Mountains and Sky Islands I think it will add a lot more excitement, along with new items, new potions, etc. If these mountains had been added in 1.6 I would have been able to make my temple -_-... Also with the changes it makes minecraft look a lot more realistic. No more deserts next to snow biomes, due to the temperature change (Which also adds snow to high mountains). It seems like they actually put in a lot of requests, with the Twilight Forest biome, the Canyon (Red rock) biome, Ice fields, Sky islands, more fish, more potions and a good bit more. There is a lot of decorative items as well, with new flowers, texture changes, new blocks, and with a few more little things added, such as if you name your sword for example and place it in a item frame, the item frame will display a name tag with the name of the item!

If they finally add those blindness potions and the other potions they didn't add with the brewing update I think it will make PvP a lot more hectic.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 am

FTB PvE
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Agreed, until 1.7, FTB PvE.

Aslong as you have thaumcraft and Twilight forest I'd be there. (Also Portal shit, Portal to the moon be pro)
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:49 pm

I think the "modpack server" question/suggestion has been talked about a lot, and most admins found many negatives that overpowered the positives on making a modpack server.
Unless if it was specifically about Tekkit, not FTB. I would enjoy a FTB server, but I worry about lag and other performance stuff.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Fair enough, but I think 1.7 will be really fun with the new stuff. I can't wait for them to add the red rock canyons to the next snapshot.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Because of the current setup for FTB, to be good it would have to be a customized pack. Also limit certain things to prevent idiots from building contraptions that ruin the server.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
marbear

Post by marbear » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:15 pm

puppy craft
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
Siri
Virtual Assistant
<font color=#00FF40><b><i>Virtual Assistant</i></b></font>

Post by Siri » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:49 am

marbear wrote:puppy craft
3 Ducks wrote:I want to change my name too
from now on, refer to me as HORSEFUCKER PRIME
Dr. Fisch wrote:i thought he died or saw something shiny and ran off

OddaJosh
I'm Tripping Out

Post by OddaJosh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 pm

pony craft
Grndslmhttr3 wrote:I don't know how you did it but I think you managed to become the worst poster on these forums
Platty wrote:But, yeah, have a fedora, too.
Dr. Fisch
Wildcard

Post by Dr. Fisch » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:25 pm

HELLACRAFT
If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" -Chris Kluwe on Emmett Burns
2014-02-28 17:25:33 RED *DEAD* Cursedbagel67 What, then ban me.
2014-02-28 17:25:44 BLU Cursedbagel67 Do it.
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Or, you know, that. ^