DEATH TO MINECRAFT - End of an Era

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Re: DEATH TO MINECRAFT - End of an Era

Post by Ian7 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:07 am

shit I haven't been on the wiki in months didn't know people still updated it
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 am

page is a few years old
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:01 am

The only reason I even remember it is because the first thing that comes to mind when I think of j2 MC is need4rush. He was like the gift that'd keep on giving. He'd keep on posting the most hilarious unban requests, and I don't think he ever made a single decent thread. I think he even managed to get forum banned a couple times, as hard as that is for most people.

But need4rush wasn't "most people". He was a VISIONARY, far ahead of the times, with such eloquence as to discuss his planned raid on my faction's base in public chat. RIP Minecraft? I say RIP need4rush.

Then I remember the original adv.joe.to set up by dantesus and the days of the man formerly known as joeHOOPER's faction just utterly dominating the server then splitting up. The days of building bases right outside of spawn, which were fortunately numbered because that shit was stupid. Then there was mc3 revival (that didn't go well). Then 1.0 came out, and as soon as plugins were updated a bunch of griefers came flooding in and spawn was surrounded in a wall of lava for days. Lots of good times were had. And bans. A whole ton of bans. I mean, holy god, I couldn't go on mc2 for more than an hour without someone getting banned, or a muteall back when people gave a shit. Penis Island and Dillboss5; ah, good times. After that, it was a game of learning newer method to farming experience, then an update came out to give zombies random 5% damage reduction that made farming their spawners much more difficult. Oh and skeletons spammed arrows like there was not tomorrow. A few (dozen) map resets later, and mc2 was dead. Mc1 was fading, and I gave up after they added horses. Oh, and this was a thing:
narwal wrote: Best post ever
- shitting on Jamie's lawn
- confusing him for a woman
10/10 Dyl

Jamietech = yolowned
At one point, I set up a server to demonstrate a Hunger Games mod and got to design the map:

And I built minesweeper in Minecraft (bonus points for more jamietech ambiguity):

Anyways that's as much I can really remember, there was usually a bunch of bickering and fussing and betrayal and blocks, and it's finally over.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 am

need4rush not only got himself forum banned, but managed to make such awful, ridicule worthy posts that he took several others who dared to call him out with him, including myself. it wasn't until our bans expired that need4rush was finally banned for making insanely bad posts that warranted such negative attention.

also i think he's still using the avatar i made for narwal as his steam avatar. that irks me a bit.
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 am

Hooplah wrote:need4rush not only got himself forum banned, but managed to make such awful, ridicule worthy posts that he took several others who dared to call him out with him, including myself. it wasn't until our bans expired that need4rush was finally banned for making insanely bad posts that warranted such negative attention.

also i think he's still using the avatar i made for narwal as his steam avatar. that irks me a bit.
Were you there when several factions raided him and spawnkilled him nonstop until he left, then dug a trap so he'd keep on spawning in lava? He didn't have any good shit, but it's still one of my all-time favorite raids. Just a collaborative effort between factions that were even enemies to mess up need4rush. I wish I still had pics of the messages he'd type while burning, heh.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Warlock747

Post by Warlock747 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 pm

mbaxter wrote:
Warlock747 wrote:How much did it cost to run the server?
We ran the servers on a dedicated server, allowing us to do all the crazy stuff. $125 per month.
Not sure if you can answer this but how close were the donations coming to that goal?
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:02 am

We fully funded the servers with donations for quite some time. Very rarely did any of the Senior Staff ever have to put in their own money to keep the servers up.
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>

Post by FM113 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

bl4nk wrote:We fully funded the servers with donations for quite some time. Very rarely did any of the Senior Staff ever have to put in their own money to keep the servers up.
But then - everything changed when the kids attacked.
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:54 pm

FM113 wrote:
bl4nk wrote:We fully funded the servers with donations for quite some time. Very rarely did any of the Senior Staff ever have to put in their own money to keep the servers up.
But then - everything changed when the kids attacked.
There were more kids on in the first year and a half or so, then it tapered off. While we kids didn't contribute much, fewer members means fewer donaters. The kids didn't cost more money, they just cost more time and stress, especially in handling bans/unbans, never mind the MCBans issues concerning unbans having to be done twice: once server-side, once for their global system. I would say that the loss in funds was simply due to the amount of resources that a MC server requires to run. I think at multiple points there were 4 servers running simultaneously. MC3 and MC4, when thy used to be PvE and PvP respectively, were not very populated, and MC1 was a trusted-only build server that was basically a massive museum of awesome builds but a little empty as well. MC2 was the main hub because creative servers were a rarer commodity in those days. Incidentally, that's why mc1 factions was such a success: it was a well-supported plugin that was gaining popularity. IMO resources should've been pooled into just mc1 and mc2, then have community testing of new plugins and setups for newer server builds. What changed wasn't the kids, it was the overall popularity of Minecraft both in the community and globally. Mojang has been putting pitifully low effort into Minecraft ever since 1.0 was released, although the free updates are still nice. Still, focus has been shifting onto minigames and modpacks like FTB, and the vanilla game has fallen out of favor. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives a fuck about those new armor stands in the current snapshot. The MC community is what's keeping MC going now, and with any luck it'll die out and there will never be a Minecraft 2.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
lethargicshark

Post by lethargicshark » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:03 am

I will miss the times we spent with this game, it really did go to shit once the whole j2 city thing blew over.

rip

Hurry up and make another hit server J2, i miss you too much.

-shark
It's been a while hasn't it?

Ghostly Jones
STEAM_0:0:23720255
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:44 pm

If you lo actually made another Minecraft server, I'd spend the money to get the game and play with you guys.
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:08 am

timtoborne wrote:If you lo actually made another Minecraft server, I'd spend the money to get the game and play with you guys.
Probably so would many of us, for... Three weeks.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Roach_blaster

Post by Roach_blaster » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Man, I can't believe I only decided now to look up why this server dissappeared one day, came back, dissappeared again, came back again, dissappeared again, so on and so on. I remember joining the server by looking up on youtube "minecraft multiplayer server" or something, and finding J2. I barely knew anything. I can't remember much from the first days but from where my memory starts, I remember a big underground city that was completely deserted so I built pyramid thing there and called the city my own. Then one day I spawned somewhere wierd (the server restarted) and there was a huge railway system and I took a long walk and fell out a hole in one of the tunnels, walked a little and found a nice place to build a fishing lodge (a nooby diamond building of course ;) ) and I was content, every once in a while I would find a person. That's mostly all I can remember form back then. After that I started meeting people and making amazing friends, if I were to name them all my fingers would probably be bent backwards from hitting a key so much. On that server I met some people that I talk to and am very good friends with today. I want to thank you guys so much. My life would be so much different if it wasn't for you guys. I would probably be playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (the 101st remake of the franchise) rather than these amazing Steam games on the PC. Minecraft started my PC career, and your server pushed my 4 year Minecraft experience from a few weeks to 4 years. I'll be honest, I probably spent too much time on your server but at least I had fun. Again, thank you for pushing this server so far, it will always have a special place in my heart. As for me and the other J2 servers, you guys have servers for games I enjoy, but not enough to play constantly, sadly. But no matter, I will still always remember J2 and thank you. Well, that's all from me. I'll miss this server and all of its glory but that's just how life works, you move on.
I'm... a....FISH

FTW I ONLY NEED WATER
Estroy

Post by Estroy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:34 am

The MC3 minetrack server was still the best server ever lol.
League of Legends EU West: Estroy (Level 30)
inyourfaceyou

Post by inyourfaceyou » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Was talking to a friend in the early hours of the morning of the fond memories of the mc.joe.to minecraft servers. I was wondering if they still were up so i typed in my favirote one when i origianlly started minecraft mc2.joe.to (way back in december 2010) i saw it gave me and error so i came on here to see what had happend. I am kind of sad i had so many great times on all of your minecraft servers like when i first started creating big structures with unlimited items in mc2 or when i was in the minions clan on the factions server fighting against the wildanimals(mc1 i think) then there was the PVE server (mc3 i think again) where i created with at the time my best friend The MineMart in cloud city, the list goes on. What im tring to say is that the joe.to minecraft server will always be a staple in my childhood memories (early high school) that will always bring me a melancholic feeling when i look back, RIP mc.joe.to you will be missed.
signed inyourfaceyou
PS. sorry for commenting on such an old post thought i would add to this mural.