Let's have a play date!

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Re: Let's have a play date!

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 pm

A Ninja wrote:Full-time minecraft servers never end well for j2

Hahaha I'll deal with the consequences. I can always make it independent of j2 if you guys fear repercussions.
Platty
Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
<font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

Post by Platty » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Chaos Wake wrote:Does diego have a running server now? Not sure if that was just a one off thing or what. I'd be willing to pay for a small scale server(20-25 peeps) if not.

I have some money I was going to spend on the Sven server but obv we didn't end up needing it.

I'm thinking of making it a modded server but I'm not sure whether I'm more down for ftb or tekkit.

Vanilla is fine but I've been playing that since the alpha and I'm just kind of burned out on that shit.
Whatever works. But hop on mumble and talk to me (Josh.) or a few people who play regularly. Prolix has a server up, and it's not horrible, but I dunno, it doesn't work out for me. I feel like it's a bit overwhelming sometimes.

Personally, I like to build, dig, farm, and cut down trees. Basically, when it comes to Minecraft, I like to be a dwarf.

Make it closer to a 10-15. Anything more is too much for the community I think. If you have to have mods, then there's something wrong.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Hmmm alright, I'm on mumble right now if you're reading this.

We honestly could try Vanilla, I think I've just spent a lot of time with not that great of a crowd hahaha. Most of the people I've played with haven't been all that creative. I'm not that creative myself though in vanilla. Would be willing to give it another try though.

10-15 would be great and really sustainable long term because of multiple month paying plans.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:18 pm

So there's a vanilla sever up, and I can get the IP in mumble?
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Not yet dude. Its just being planned at the moment. Wouldn take much to get it going tho. If people are interested enough I can get it going in a day or two.
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Alright, sounds good. Count me in as interested if you didn't already.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Cool, honestly might start setting it up tonight. Add me on STEAM if you haven't already or talk to me on mumble so we can discuss what we want to do.

For now I think I'll just order it and set it up as a vanilla server.
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Your steam name the same as your joe.to account name?
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Yeah, I'm Chaos Wake on there too. The link is actually on my sig.

Also I just ordered the server and am just figuring it out at the moment.

EDIT: Server is up and running, pm me, talk to me on steam, come on mumble, whatever if you're interested.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 am

Sorry to double post, just wanted to bump and announce that the first night of play on the minecraft server went well. Me, Platty, Diego, and Katana were on for a bit and thankfully the spawn isn't a nightmarish kill box of zombies, lava and skeletons now. Some of us have also started our own projects North and East(?) of the spawn.

If anyone wants to check the status of the server, just look at any post by me on this forum.
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:37 pm

ALRIGHT, WHICH ONE OF YOU FUCKS BLEW UP MY SHIT?

Like, what the serious fuck? The people in my place, have been SO passive it's not even funny. I hope that who ever you are you're proud of yourself, fucking bitch. Couldn't even do it while one of us were on, huh? Had to be that much of a pussy, as to blow up our stuff, while no one is on.
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:41 pm

My money is on either Diego or Vxi

Diego because he's a crazy, tnt-mad bastard, and Vxi because he's a back-stabbing little bitch. It could also have been Platty as well, to try and get me to turn on Vxi, and take him out for him.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Hahaha fuck, I didn't think we'd start griefing eachother so soon.

Maybe we can have a discussion about what rules we want to have over thanksgiving break?

I know for now we're just going with the "No Bigotry" rule (the only rule I will enforce heavily), but maybe we should all discuss together other rules on top of that.
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:09 pm

No fucking up other people's stuff, maybe?

If I wanted cancerous pvp, I would have gone to a cancerous pvp server. I came on the server to get creative with surviving, like the old days of minecraft. NOT TO GET MY DWARVEN STRUCTURES BLOWN THE FUCK UP!
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:39 pm

I don't really think PVP is necessarily a bad thing or that "cancerous" is really the best way to describe it.

There could be an understanding that if someone attacks another's creation that there should be an expectation of retaliation, be that in minecraft or through social means. For example a public declaration on the forums(or any other media) of who's a griefer and can't be trusted on minecraft.

We could also though informally designate things to kind of be landmarks of the server and not be up for destruction or PVP. If someone violates this they can face collective repercussions like being ostracized, griefed, or maybe just straight up kicked and/or banned if its bad enough.

It all feels a little much though because minecraft is -just- a game where as something like bigotry has real world consequences. But I don't want people's work to feel like its for nothing, so we can definitely implement solutions that we can agree on. We should talk about this on mumble.