League of Legends

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
OfLoathing

Re: League of Legends

Post by OfLoathing » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Wow.... his 'sale' price is going to be 1625 - which is around $12.00. So the 'regular' price after the 'sale' is over is going price it at nearly $23.

I thought the cost of around $7.50 for just a regular individual skin was bad enough- but holy bujeezus that's crazy. I can't believe people are actually paying these prices to have more than one or two skins. I know, myself, I put $20 into the game at one point a long time ago and spent the points on skins that I really liked, most of them being on sale.

If people weren't so willing to pay these batshit crazy prices I might be able to actually be able to reasonably justify buying some skins.
Soriana

Post by Soriana » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Most of the skins I have, I purchased on sale at one point or another. As cool as that Ezreal skin is, I just can't justify spending that much money on one skin. I believe Magnificent Twisted Fate is the most basic legendary skin available, and he still costs 1820 RP. Maybe if they reworked the shitty legendary skins to match the quality and hard work put into this one I wouldn't feel so jipped?

Wait, what? I get a banner AND an avatar of the Pulsefire if I buy it?

I CAN BE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DAY ONE PURCHASE.
I'd love to embrace you, but first, I have to satisfy my sense of moral outrage!
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:54 pm

You and everybody else. I assume they're going to sell a lot of these, despite the cost.
Soriana

Post by Soriana » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Of course, everyone wants to show off how cool and super pro they are because they bought it. I enjoy the game (most of the time), but I tend to disagree with many of Riot's decisions, and this is one of them. I wonder if any further legendary skins will be priced as such or have as many details?

Protip: Legendary skins are for scrubs! Demonblade Tryndamere always feeds, Classic Tryndamere means business.
I'd love to embrace you, but first, I have to satisfy my sense of moral outrage!
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm

So i wonder how many people would buy into this ploy if it was karma they made a skin like that for..

EDIT: hehe I agree with you Soriana, after I've played skins for my champions for too long sometimes I like to play the "noob skin" to throw the enemy off. it's more fun when they aren't expecting it. Especially during a free week.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Platty
Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
<font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

Post by Platty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:43 am

I can see the incentive (banner and shit) being a plus and an eye teaser for people to buy pulsfire Ezreal. I HIGHLY doubt as many sales will be made as they are anticipating, though. However, I am not surprised at the $35. As the video shows, level 6, 11, 16, give the model new features. I will not be one to buy this because they fuck up the servers so goddamn much it's ridiculous.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 am

Soriana wrote:I believe Magnificent Twisted Fate is the most basic legendary skin available, and he still costs 1820 RP. Maybe if they reworked the shitty legendary skins to match the quality and hard work put into this one I wouldn't feel so jipped?
iirc they're reworking TF's skins (at least the basic one, but if it's anything like ashe some of the reskins too) as we speak, so that might not be an issue too far from now

as for the rage about expensive skins:
1) it's a fucking game, relax
2) it's a free game, and you can't even buy runes with real money, so no real advantages can be bought, so no pay2win
2b) although i agree that having more champs to choose from is a slight advantage, so maybe slightly pay2win
3) they are constantly improving the game, for free
4) no one is forcing you to buy anything
5) "art is worth as much as the next best idiot is willing to spend on it" (someone, somewhere, kinda said something like this)

also unrelated, i still totally dig my ninja rammus skin, my pharao amumu, my hextech sion, my reverse annie (maybe others too but i can't remember), yet i only ever spent €4 on the shop, the rest was bought with free riot points because of server instability :D
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
pooaw
Radio edit
<font color=#0040FF>Radio edit</font>

Post by pooaw » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:19 am

I haz Villain Veigar and Lord Morde :D
I'm pretty cheap so I haven't spent all that much in the store.
nightmare 101 wrote:I appreciate you brigbar, for being a sexy young lass. Every time I see one of your posts, it brings a smile to my face. My <3 aches for threads like this, and your feminine sensuality has tempered the bounds of what the immature forum truly means to us. In days long since passed, it was the breeding ground of hateful spite. Truly, this fountain of effeminate care and love called Brigbar96 has changed everything for us. We will drop our arms and hug one another. Hate is the past, and it's only made possible by our one and only..

<3 brigbar96 <3
Blathersby

Post by Blathersby » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm

I have alot of skins mostly for champs im bad at which is all the champs but getting more then just a skin would be nice.
Plus they need more avatars.
Soriana

Post by Soriana » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 am

I'd love for some new avatars to be made as well. In other news, some kind of solo/duo queue miracle happened: 8 wins, and only 2 asshats! Now, tomorrow will be the inevitable downfall.

I guess I'll save my ip and see if I'm interested in the next champ. If I'm not, I might try to fix up my runes.
nightmare 101

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:23 pm

The newest patch is at it again!
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Soriana

Post by Soriana » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:10 pm

NEW PATCH: SERVER ANNIHILATOR.
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 pm

NightFantom wrote:
Soriana wrote:I believe Magnificent Twisted Fate is the most basic legendary skin available, and he still costs 1820 RP. Maybe if they reworked the shitty legendary skins to match the quality and hard work put into this one I wouldn't feel so jipped?
iirc they're reworking TF's skins (at least the basic one, but if it's anything like ashe some of the reskins too) as we speak, so that might not be an issue too far from now

as for the rage about expensive skins:
1) it's a fucking game, relax
2) it's a free game, and you can't even buy runes with real money, so no real advantages can be bought, so no pay2win
2b) although i agree that having more champs to choose from is a slight advantage, so maybe slightly pay2win
3) they are constantly improving the game, for free
4) no one is forcing you to buy anything
5) "art is worth as much as the next best idiot is willing to spend on it" (someone, somewhere, kinda said something like this)

also unrelated, i still totally dig my ninja rammus skin, my pharao amumu, my hextech sion, my reverse annie (maybe others too but i can't remember), yet i only ever spent €4 on the shop, the rest was bought with free riot points because of server instability :D

i fail to see how an argument for jewscamming is allowed on the basis "well the games free!"

So? Just because it's free doesn't mean it isn't a fucking huge scam, f2p games is a choice instead of p2p, they still earn money (and in fact earn SHITLOADS MORE see: tf2, league, etc). F2P games make major dosh, Riot made major dosh as well.

Also I fail to see how it isn't p2w either, think about it:
1) you can buy IP boosts
2) you can buy XP boosts
3) you can buy champions with your RP and then buy runes with your IP, thereby lessening the load
4) buying champions day 1 is litearlly buying power, can anyone think of a hero that wasn't broken as hell at launch? Sejuani is the only one I can think of offhand.

As someone who played league a shit ton, and spent maybe $60 on the game, I definitely regret it. I didn't even buy skins, the fact is that I was playing with friends at one point where I was still 15 or so and they were all 30, so I was playing against other lv30's who had full rune pages, masteries, etc so they basically had 40AP at lv1 ingame and I had 0AP. The game is broken as shit, I don't know what people don't get about it.

How many games does it take to buy a 6.3k IP hero? I've been told it would take at least 25 games implying you won 50% of them and each of your wins was a first win of the day. How much would a full rune page cost (that's viable) ie 9 mgic pen reds, 9 ap yellow, 9 mana regne blues or ap, and 3 quints of AP or Mag Pen

Youre right, no one is forcing you to buy anything, but that doesn't mean you aren't put at a disadvantage. Can I ask you all a question? Who here owns every single hero on League?
Hard mode: How many of you own every rune?

edit: oh and one last thing, rune pages. The pure definition of a fucking scam by riot. Why? Yuo start out with 2, which is no big deal. Except for the fact htere's a HUGE incentive to buy them. Why? You can't edit rune pages in hero select. Can I just make a point? That's fucking stupid as hell. That literally can fuck you over completely, and makes it so that yo have to pick your hero BEFORE MATCHMAKING. WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS RIOT THINKING?

Oh right, money. That's all riot cares about. Every 6.3k IP is generally viable, however the 450ip ones are old as shit heroes that are basically outmatched by their superior 6.3k ip heroes.

This game is flawed, it's broken, and it is tilted for the people with money. A competitive e-sports game is titled for the people who have money. How can nobody realize this, and continue to support it after being stated the facts?

also lol last i checked they aren't running the game very well either, considering the servers are down all the time and wasn't it dreamhack this week?
Adam

Post by Adam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:10 pm

jewscamming?
Rapscal Lion

Post by Rapscal Lion » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 pm

ITT: bh being a douchebag.

BH AINT GONNA BE PART OF YOUR SYSTEM RIOT!11!1!1

Also, jewscamming?