Dota 2 Spare key(s) thread

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Re: Dota 2 Spare key(s) thread

Post by NightFantom » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:44 am

MindFlayer wrote:Spare keys are no longer being given with Dota 2 invites. You must receive your own beta key to participate in the beta.
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 pm

MindFlayer wrote:Spare keys are no longer being given with Dota 2 invites. You must receive your own beta key to participate in the beta.
False, I got a beta key from the official Dota2 key giveaway and I got two invites from it. One I already gave away and the other i'm saving for a rainy day.DO NOT SEND ME TRADE OFFERS FOR IT, YOU WILL BE INSTA-BLOCKED!

This is where I got mine after waiting about a week to be randomly drawn. http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549077

And this gets updated daily automatically with the names of those who win one. http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549614 I'm listed for today( 1/23/2012 ), 8th line from the bottom, first name.

After waking up and seeing I suddenly had 8 pm's, I checked and one was me getting the beta key and the other 7 were random strangers feeding me bullshit stories to get my sympathy to get me to send them an invite.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Snow Goose

Post by Snow Goose » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:09 am

japanimater wrote:
False, I got a beta key from the official Dota2 key giveaway and I got two invites from it. One I already gave away and the other i'm saving for a rainy day.DO NOT SEND ME TRADE OFFERS FOR IT, YOU WILL BE INSTA-BLOCKED!

This is where I got mine after waiting about a week to be randomly drawn. http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549077

And this gets updated daily automatically with the names of those who win one. http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549614 I'm listed for today( 1/23/2012 ), 8th line from the bottom, first name.

After waking up and seeing I suddenly had 8 pm's, I checked and one was me getting the beta key and the other 7 were random strangers feeding me bullshit stories to get my sympathy to get me to send them an invite.
Yeah, my friend got an invite from playdota. He has 2 keys, but I'm waiting on him to get verified because he just made a new steam account... He says he has to wait 30 days, but I don't even know if that's bs.
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:56 pm

If anybody has a spare key/gift i have changed from passively hoping to actively searching. Looking to steal/beg/pay for a key/gift.
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:03 pm

Me_EB wrote:If anybody has a spare key/gift i have changed from passively hoping to actively searching. Looking to steal/beg/pay for a key/gift.
None here but I would check the Steam trading forums, maybe someone there has one they're willing to part with, that's where I got mine.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Derp wrote:None here but I would check the Steam trading forums, maybe someone there has one they're willing to part with, that's where I got mine.
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay?
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Me_EB wrote:
Derp wrote:None here but I would check the Steam trading forums, maybe someone there has one they're willing to part with, that's where I got mine.
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay?
I traded an X SuperBox that I won in the holiday gift pile thing for it, which was a $40 game normally, was on sale for $20. My cousin traded for his as well, he bought a game that was about $10 or so and traded it for the beta.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o

Post by Posts » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Valve selected me for dota 2 yesterday, they added it straight to my game library and sent me an email.
Platty
Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
<font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

Post by Platty » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Posts wrote:Valve selected me for dota 2 yesterday, they added it straight to my game library and sent me an email.
:sadasfuck:
Congrats. Now... to kill you... I mean.... murder you with hugs and fluffy animals...
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Will take DOTA 2 key if anyone has an extra :[ I can trades stuff for it for u TF2 types.
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:37 am

Spare keys are now being given to beta participants again.
Blathersby

Post by Blathersby » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I really regret exiting out of the beta sign up thing awhile ago.
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

There never was a beta sign up. There was a survey to complete to be eligible for random entry into the beta. If you received the survey, you can submit it at any time. Note that completing the survey is a requirement and currently the only way to get into the beta short of being invited by another player.
Blathersby

Post by Blathersby » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:36 pm

MindFlayer wrote:There never was a beta sign up. There was a survey to complete to be eligible for random entry into the beta. If you received the survey, you can submit it at any time. Note that completing the survey is a requirement and currently the only way to get into the beta short of being invited by another player.
Thats what I was talking about I got that email and accidentally exited out of it and could never open it again.
Sub-Merge

Post by Sub-Merge » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 pm

I have acquired 2 new keys to give away.