Mirrodin

vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Mirrodin

Post by vxi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:33 am

Replying to this thread
Don't post here!
Send me a message reply with exactly what you would post here instead, and I'll manage those.
If you already posted, try to delete the post and send it to me as a message instead.
Thanks, read on ;D

Directors
Azzza
Copter
Rayray25849 - PvP, raiding, etc.
RideTheWalrus - Mining / Construction / Architecture, etc.
narwal
untamed

This part of the page will be updated with the rules that these directors choose for the job they'll be directing.
None of these leaders have a say over the others, except for when it comes to the job that they're leading.
If there is an argument (for example between the Mine Manager and the Foreman about where the entrance to the mine should be), either there will be a vote from everyone in the group except for those two, or I'll decide one of the two options. But, I don't believe any such arguments should arise ;)

*Green star means that you should do what is stated, instead of not doing what is stated.
*Purple star means the rule doesn't apply to directors. The directors that have been chosen are trusted to consciously act in the best wishes of Mirrodin.
Here are the general rules. The director's rules will take president over these, if/when they are published. It is against the rules to:
-Mine for ores or other resources without first getting clear permission from the Mine Director
-Ruild structures or mine out rooms for any reason other than resources without first getting clear permission from the Foreman
-Risk confronting enemy players with the risk of PvP without first getting clear permission from the General
-Leave the base to gather natural resources without first getting clear permission from the Alpha
*Take screenshots of discovered bases (with the coordinates in the screenshot) for later raids
*Directly or indirectly share information about Mirrodin with users outside Mirrodin
*Keep items in a place where others cannot access them (unless you are actively using the items)
*Attack other Mirrodin users without clear consent from them

If what you're doing risks breaking the rules of two separate leaders, you must confront both of them, and let them know whether you confronted the other leader yet. If either of the leaders say no, you can't do it.

Director's Rules
Rules for PvP and Raiding:
---------------------------------------------------------
RAIDING
1. Do not raid solo.
2. During a raid, if you know you'll be confronting an enemy that is weaker, do not use super-uber gear. Downgrade it just a bit so you won't lose your best gear in case if you die.
3. Any loot that is collected must be returned to the base and into public chests. (Sharing is caring )
4. During a massive raid, always leave one person to guard the base, preferably a person who has PvP skills.
5. Do not go on raids if they're not worth it. (A group of two with a dirt box)
6. Do not go on raids without permission.
PvP
1. Only use your best gear if it's necessary. But always try to outgear the enemy.
2. Ask other directors or other people if you need to borrow any weapons or armor.
3. Enchanted gear is better than plain. Always have at least Sharpness I on swords.
4. To conserve diamonds, only use diamond armor if necessary. (Don't fight an unarmored guy with brand new diamond armor and sword.)
5. During a long chase on the enemy, use your bow if you know he's a good shot. Otherwise, avoid Knockback swords.
Any recommendations for rules, questions or comments, PM Rayray25849.
Mumble
It would be great if everyone in the group who didn't have Mumble downloaded it.
It may not be your favorite chat program, but it's the most popular voice chat program used by J2, to my knowledge.
Also, it's totally unnecessary to have a microphone. Don't worry about it. Even if you have a microphone, if you're shy, don't worry about it, it makes it so much easier to be able to talk to everyone on Mumble than in Minecraft because it allows us to have private(ish) conversation, and talk quicker. Ya dig?
So, I expect everyone in the group to have Mumble by the time mc4 is out ;)

Group Name
I think I've decided to name the group Mirrodin, unless there is any serious opposition to that name. Those with the Mirrodin group would be referred to as Mirrans.
Here's what Mirrodin's 'flag' would look like.

The Old Stuff
So, as everyone knows, the server will probably be up somewhat soonish. I'm still accepting submissions, but this is a good group size and it looks like nobody else will probably be joining from this point forward.
Everyone in the group was redirected via messages to this thread for some information on the plan, and some other details.
First of all, the plan. The idea, when the server starts up, is to have one or two people in the group going out and finding a good location for the base to be. I have a few ideas for where it might be that I'm not going to put in this thread. While those people are doing that, everyone else in the group who's online is going to be gathering resources all over the map, hunting down jungle temples and desert temples, raiding villages, killing other players, etc.
Once the base is ready to start being built, the coordinates will be shared with everyone else in the group who should proceed to the base with their gathered resources.
I'm going to be personally selecting those who will be looking for the base location, so don't worry about that.

Once we've all settled in to the base, some work has to be done, obviously. Here's the part that I'll need responses for.
I expect everyone to know how to play Minecraft (obviously), so I'm not worried about strict professions, but there are some general jobs which would run better if organized properly. I'll need a leader for each seperate job, to make sure it's done right.
First of all, and probably the most obvious, is mining. Mining is pretty simple, but it can get out of hand and in to a safety hazard if it's done wrong. For example, if everyone in the group just digs tunnels going in all seperate directions and connecting to all caves possible, it makes it much easier for people to find the base just by wandering into any of the nearby caves. Instead of doing that, we're going to have organized mining in specific areas + torch removal to make it not blatently obvious that someone's been there before.
Another job that needs organization is construction. Almost everyone loves building in Minecraft, and I want everyone in the group to have the chance to make their own thing, but at the same time I want the base to be easy to navigate and effeciant. We'll have a construction leader to make the decisions where the rooms and hallways will be.
The third thing would be leaving the base for resources (not for PvP). At first we'll need to do this, for cocoa beans and pumpkins probably, anything we don't get from the beginning resource run, so whoever leads this part will have to be pretty strict about it. I don't want any of us going out and needlessly dying. It's bad reputation, and a possible loss of resources.
The fourth would be PvP. I want the best PvPer on the team to be the PvP leader. It's kind of obvious why.

So, that's pretty much it. What I want from you guys is to rank yourselves from 1 to 10 on each different job, and how good you think you'll be at leading that job. Here's a little optional template you can use for it:
----------------------------------------------------
Mining: (1-10) Leadership: (1-10)
Preferences:
Constucting: (1-10) Leadership: (1-10)
Preferences:
PvP: (1-10) Leadership: (1-10)
Preferences:
Resource Gathering: (1-10) Leadership: (1-10)
Preferences:
Other information:
----------------------------------------------------
In the "preferences" spot you can put stuff like why you think you'd be good for leading that job, who else you think might be good for it, stuff like that.
In the "other information" spot you can put anything from other jobs you think I should find leaders for to... Anything, really.

To cut to the chase, I'm creating a small group of players who I can trust for mc4.
Being good at redstone isn't a requirement, so don't bother with that, but here are qualities I am looking for:

-Lack of need for independence, as in allowing others to do the things you'd like to do
-Order, organization, etc.
-Sharing, lack of need for personal belongings of any kind
-Ability to respect rank
-Skill/Experience with building
-Carefulness
-Experience on the servers
-Activity
-General resourcefulness

Judge yourself on what you think you're good at. I believe most people can at least adapt to have these qualities.
Don't worry if you don't think you have all of them.
I plan on having some measure of ranking system, nothing so strict, just to maintain order, so don't expect to be restricted from areas, or restricted from doing certain tasks, if your rank isn't high enough. There will probably only be two or three ranks.
I'd love it if you send me a message if you think you might like to join. Please don't post ;)
I'd love it if you added some extra qualities you think you may have, as well. Anything helps.
I'll answer any questions about my plans, as long as they're from someone who I believe will join the group.
Thanks for reading!

Here's an alphalabeticalifized list of people who have sent me a message about it so far. *Green star means they've decided to join.
*Angry_Squid
*Azzza
*Bean15
*Bigredthesecond
*Copter
*diego96
*Eviltechie
*GG50
*Hooplah
*narwal
*PaulPer
*ragenidhogg
*Rayray25849
*RideTheWalrus
*rockerboy5
*Siri
*untamed

(17 Members)

Edit from Azzza: Posts have been removed and topic locked. :)
Last edited by vxi on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Re: Mirrodin

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:10 am

Rules schmules. Vxi has disrespected me and I have slain him. I now consider him to be a false leader and my mortal enemy.

All hail Walrus!
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits