(MC4) The Saints

dragoonofdeath
Explosive Substance

Re: (MC4) The Saints

Post by dragoonofdeath » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:51 pm

People with common sense wouldn't give a rat's ass about the one guy that ignored them and would continue talking to everyone else.
GG50 wrote:I like his logic:

If you bring up valid counter-points to his, you're laughing at him.

Also I like to think I have a lot more common sense than dill has, but that's probably a given for most around here.
Nah, it's more "Boohoo, noone likes my ideas, so I am going to ignore everyone I disagree with and call them trolls"

I think an infant has more common sense then he does at this point. From what I have seen of J2, when someone is an asshole to you, you either take it and throw it back, take it and shrug it off, or cry about it in the corner while everyone else carries on. The last one seems to encourage more and more 'douche bag' comments.

In other words, suck it up and stop acting like a toddler OP.
See you Space Cowboy
Steam name: Dragoonofdeath
GG50

Post by GG50 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:57 pm

I think it's a fair bet to say that Dragoon's avatar is the standard response of anyone reading one of Dill's little stories and following complaining/whining.
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

This is a signature; it is for my amusement, not yours.
Wolsk wrote:Real men don't need a woman in order to make babies.
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 am

Look Dill, all you've done is create a thread about something that probably no one that reads the forums would care much about and then started calling them douche bags and assholes for saying its a pointless idea.

Around here, we aren't just ass holes to someone just because that's just what we do, we are ass holes towards some people because they are giving or have given a bad first impression, and to be honest, my first impression was not good. You were an ass hole minecrafter that thought you owned this shit, you may have changed a little, but it's still there in the back of my mind.

I'd suggest you just need to move on from what has happened in the past and try to make it so when you post, you don't get shot down in flames. Just be a nice, cool guy to talk to and you'll find people will start to like you better.
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
GG50

Post by GG50 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 am

Your probably on his 'list' too azza, unless Admin messages negate ignore lists, I don't know.
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:03 am

He replied to my last post so I might not be
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:05 am

Azzza wrote:Look Dill, all you've done is create a thread about something that probably no one that reads the forums would care much about and then started calling them douche bags and assholes for saying its a pointless idea.

Around here, we aren't just ass holes to someone just because that's just what we do, we are ass holes towards some people because they are giving or have given a bad first impression, and to be honest, my first impression was not good. You were an ass hole minecrafter that thought you owned this shit, you may have changed a little, but it's still there in the back of my mind.

I'd suggest you just need to move on from what has happened in the past and try to make it so when you post, you don't get shot down in flames. Just be a nice, cool guy to talk to and you'll find people will start to like you better.

That was fairly concise and well written. Unfortunately, some of it does seem a little too insulting for him too see just how constructive your criticism actually is; it might be better to play off his passion and pride rather than be directly disapproving. However, it's not like he didn't earn at least some of the rudeness and insults going his way. But, at the end of the day, all that really matters is you kept it concise and simple to comprehend, which means in all probability he won't take it the wrong way.
The second paragraph wasn't as useful since he has been on the forums for well over a year (plenty of impressions, all more or less the same), but nonetheless illustrated the importance of appearance (specifically first impressions). The final paragraph wrapped it all up and, if anything, maybe needs a little more detail on how to (paraphrasing here) make amends.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 am

DID YOU CALL MARBEAR A MAN YOU WORTHLESS SWINE?!

Also he probably has like 10 people on his ignore list, lol.

I like the idea of these boxes, tbh, but I'm going to find them and booby trap them oh my god.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 am

There's lots to talk about here.
I think the first point that needs addressing is that everyone is taking the rudeness a little out of hand.
I understand being open about not liking an idea, or voicing your opinions, but some things take it a little too far.
"You're trying too hard dude..."
"trying ... to be everyone's favorite"
"infant has more common sense"
Everyone's going to argue that these things were called for, but I don't think there should be such thing as "called for".
He's clearly got some issues with the community right now, and may not be the best at voicing them, or acting on them, but we can help him by treating him as we would a friend who's going through a hard time, rather than treating him as an incurable toxic substance.
We all know that J2 isn't the most friendly environment, and I don't expect this to change, but there's a big difference between being unfriendly and being defensively rude to those who made bad first impressions.
Some people are making good points. Azzza's most recent post was good constructive criticism, and hopefully Dill read it.
I'm not taking Dill's side, like has been assumed before, there are things that need to be relaxed on both sides.

Dill, as a suggestion to you I'd start off by removing your ignore list. That isn't helping you, it's clearly just reminding you that you've made enemies every time you see one of those blocked posts. Try to treat posts from this point forward as if they're from people you don't know. Rather than confronting rudeness defensively, ignore it. Read the rest of the post and put together all of the non-insulting components and try to interpret it as constructive criticism or whatever else it may be. If there is no constructive criticism or anything else positive, ignore it fully, or report it. Reporting it would probably be taking it a step to far. Respond to posts in a neutral way. If you get criticism filled with hatred and insults, respond to it with the rotten bits cut out. For example, if I were to suggest that we have chocolate ice cream, and someone responded with "Screw you, you fat pig! We all hate you, so shut up anyway! Who likes chocolate, you ugly mutt!?" (in all caps of course), I would try responding with something like "Alright, if not chocolate, what flavor would you prefer? And if you have a problem with ice cream in general, is there a desert you prefer other than ice cream?" maybe with the optional "Hey, also, I noticed that post had quite a bit of hateful comments in it. I'm sorry if I offended you in some way, if you tell me how I can try to fix it?". If they keep responding negatively, try acting the same way.
Like I said before, cut out the rotten bits and treat everyone who's being negative like a friend who's going through a rough patch.

To almost everyone else, maybe try treating Dill with a little more respect? Even if you don't think he deserves it, a little more respect can go a long way.

Now, this threat has become much of a violent debate about Dill, but as for Dill's idea (what the thread was about), I like it if it works, but you have to take people's booby trap responses realistically. It's going to happen, and it would happen no matter your reputation on the forums. I would suggest burying the chests 3 or 4 deep to make them invisible.

There's lots more I could take about, but I don't want this to become a rant.

tl;dr
Try to take the shoes of those who you're seeing negatively. Give peace a chance.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:48 am

vxi wrote:There's lots to talk about here.
I think the first point that needs addressing is that everyone is taking the rudeness a little out of hand.
I understand being open about not liking an idea, or voicing your opinions, but some things take it a little too far.
Everyone's going to argue that these things were called for, but I don't think there should be such thing as "called for".
He's clearly got some issues with the community right now, and may not be the best at voicing them, or acting on them, but we can help him by treating him as we would a friend who's going through a hard time, rather than treating him as an incurable toxic substance.
We all know that J2 isn't the most friendly environment, and I don't expect this to change, but there's a big difference between being unfriendly and being defensively rude to those who made bad first impressions.
Pretty much all of this. Seriously dudes, chill the fuck out. Just because he posts something you're not interested in or you don't like doesn't give you the right to shit all over his thread. Even more concerning is that some of the people shitting on these threads are admins.

And another thing kind of pertinent to this: who the fuck are you to tell him how he should spend his time? He can take the game as seriously as he wants. You're entitled to your opinion, but when sharing it turns into harassment there's a problem. A big one.
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:19 am

Hooplah wrote:
Pretty much all of this. Seriously dudes, chill the fuck out. Just because he posts something you're not interested in or you don't like doesn't give you the right to shit all over his thread. Even more concerning is that some of the people shitting on these threads are admins.

And another thing kind of pertinent to this: who the fuck are you to tell him how he should spend his time? He can take the game as seriously as he wants. You're entitled to your opinion, but when sharing it turns into harassment there's a problem. A big one.
Yeah, wanted to post something like this when I saw the other thread, glad others felt the same. Well done.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:59 am

I know I've posted some shit to Dill, but now I don't think it's right to trash his threads when all he wants to do is have fun on the servers. Just because his definition of "having fun" may be different than other people's, it doesn't mean you have to poop all over his threads and hate on him every time he comments/posts.
And vxi, good post, I completely agree now, even as the Dill-hater I am.
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 am

King_Fluffy wrote:
Hooplah wrote:

Yeah, wanted to post something like this when I saw the other thread, glad others felt the same. Well done.
While I do agree with most of this, "called for" is a thing because of how rude and insulting he is to others while demonstrating his unhealthy focus on a cobblestone structure. Then, he posts this immensely flawed plan and gets made fun of by people who know they are on his ignore list. "Called for" was not meant in the sense that it is required. It was meant in the sense that some of his insults and opinions are annoyingly inaccurate/offensive, which nobody should feel compelled to just ignore when it berates not only you but the community ad a whole. I'm not condoning people criticizing him on his obsession, or his attitude towards the game in general. However, he doesn't seem to realize how he looks to the community and gets overly defensive instead of trying a more mature method of handling the situation. I apologize if I offended him too much with my remarks. If he doesn't choose to change his attitude, then I will stop posting in his topics and wish him the best elsewhere possible.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
dragoonofdeath
Explosive Substance

Post by dragoonofdeath » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 am

dyl1138 wrote: While I do agree with most of this, "called for" is a thing because of how rude and insulting he is to others while demonstrating his unhealthy focus on a cobblestone structure. Then, he posts this immensely flawed plan and gets made fun of by people who know they are on his ignore list. "Called for" was not meant in the sense that it is required. It was meant in the sense that some of his insults and opinions are annoyingly inaccurate/offensive, which nobody should feel compelled to just ignore when it berates not only you but the community ad a whole. I'm not condoning people criticizing him on his obsession, or his attitude towards the game in general. However, he doesn't seem to realize how he looks to the community and gets overly defensive instead of trying a more mature method of handling the situation. I apologize if I offended him too much with my remarks. If he doesn't choose to change his attitude, then I will stop posting in his topics and wish him the best elsewhere possible.
While I don't apologize, I agree with this here. Ignoring and berating everyone is simply throwing blood into the shark tank. If Dill wants to come back and continue his thread, and carry himself better about it, I'll leave him alone. Till then...
vxi wrote: tl;dr
Try to take the shoes of those who you're seeing negatively. Give peace a chance.

See you Space Cowboy
Steam name: Dragoonofdeath
GG50

Post by GG50 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 am

What Vxi said. I like to give Dill a chance everytime hey posts, and see how he'll handle the sutation.

From his post in the "A Phantom of a Memory" thread:
dillboss5 wrote:If your not here to contribute any information to what I asked, in the first post, please leave. I'm serious about this, and I really don't care whether or not you find my thread annoying, ridiculous, etc. Frankly, I don't give a damn. All I want it either information on the builders, the castle, or the builders themselves. I don't want any of your bullshit, people. I want answers. If you can't give them to me, or give me a small amount of the information I've asked for, get off the thread and leave me alone. Plain and simple. I was very specific on the first post, and I want the thread kept on subject. If you cannot comply, leave.
First sentence gave me hope that he decided to be polite and cordial to those who might criticize without reason. Then his sentences degraded into over-hostility and became what is expected of his attitude. If he can be more polite and accepting of valid criticism, I'd be happy to associate with him, and hopefully others would too. However, if he continues with this attitude of narcissistic and entitlement issues, then he'll continue to be alienated from the community.

dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:25 pm

First of all, allow me to say; the last few people's comments mean a lot to me. Even you, hooplah.

Azza, I did read what you said, and what reason would I have to block you? Frankly, your a cool person and I don't dislike you. It's true I didn't make the best first impression, I joined the forums to reply to BOI's Raiding Dill's Castle thread and I know I was more focused on that than anything else, or about how people saw me. I can see that doing that was a mistake, that unfortunately I couldn't easily change.

Hooplah, thank you for standing up for me. It's nice to see you can be nice. Thank you for saying that, it really did mean a lot to me.

King Fluffy, thank you for wanting to stand up for me. (And it's quite nice to know you actually read what I say.)

Ray, Like I said in that message, all is forgiven.

I had to save this one for last. Vxi.
vxi, your first paragraph was very meaningful. It's true I'm not the best person at putting what I want to say into words, this happens to me often IRL as well, and it can cause me a lot of problems.

My issues with the community started as I started building my Nether island, just to have a sky town built above it. No one would get rid of it, no one would help me with it, so eventually I just got angrier and angrier, until the point where I exploded with rage and decided to take care of it myself. I know this wasn't the smartest move and I know I deserved a ban. As the ban was so long, I lost touch with the forums a lot, causing me to eventually hate Joe.to. But when I came back, when everyone greeted me, and asked about me, all that hatred and anger just went away. I started to post on the forums more, I started to play the servers more, but over time, as more and more people piled onto me, I started to get angry again.

But my friends on here helped me. And what you said about how people should try and help me, meant a lot. Again, I know I didn't make a good first impression, as I was focused on other things and the only way I could try and fix this was to try and do something nice, which was the idea for this group.

Your second paragraph, the suggestions. I agreed with what you said about my foes list, so I cleared it. What you said about how I should deal with these bad posts, I took to heart. I'll be trying to ignore the bad parts and I will try to respond in a neutral way.

Regarding my idea about the chests, I was going to bury them a good bit down, to try and prevent said problems. I know that there's a good chance they will be tampered with and booby trapped, but people can't say I didn't try.

Thank you all (people who posted good things). As for the people who posted not so nice things, I did read them and I understand why you think it isn't very good to take games seriously, but it was the way I was raised, what can I say. I started playing as a child with my dad and he took it seriously, and taught me to do so as well. My brother was the same, took games very seriously and if I was around, he'd often blame me saying I put him off or something like that. I know I sometimes don't look at the community from a good point but we all have those times when we're angry and we take it out on the people around us, and unfortunately, it is often our community. However, there are times when the anger is justified and understandable, as it was in my "A Phantom of a Memory" thread. I was being insulted a lot and it was just getting off the track and this is what sparked my anger in that post. I will try to suppress my anger and not take it out on the community or the people on a thread, especially after the posts on this last page.