de_abstractplane Problem

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
pkcrossing89

de_abstractplane Problem

Post by pkcrossing89 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

For some reason, CSS and Gmod both crash when I attempt to play on de_abstractplane. I've tried to play on 3 seperate computers but every time I try, it either crashes when I walk around a certain hallway, before the map is done loading, or as soon as the map loads. I've been able to run around the entire map before without a problem only one time. Why is it crashing and how can I fix this?
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Re: de_abstractplane Problem

Post by MrBlip » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:11 am

I just tried running it myself, and it crashes my game as well. There must be some entity or something that HomicidalApe used that is no longer supported. The map will likely need to be recompiled, and since Ape no longer visits these forums, and I'm not sure if anyone is still in touch with him, there will probably never be a fix.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
pkcrossing89

Post by pkcrossing89 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:26 am

Aww man. That 5 minutes of playing on it were the best 5 minutes ever. :( Is anyone up to the challenge of somehow fixing that thing?
Lad Stankfoot
Martyn J. Bootyspoon
Martyn J. Bootyspoon

Post by Lad Stankfoot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 am

Unless the map's original vmfs turn up somehow, it's not going to happen, unfortunately.

Shame though, I remember it as being a kickass map.
fan0721pke wrote:Make sure all open sores on penis have thoroughly dried and wholesale touch screen laptops scabbed over before use.When taking four cocks in the ass, make sure to have an equal amount of cock in your mouth to reduce the risk of CHI imbalance.
pkcrossing89

Post by pkcrossing89 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:08 am

Isn't there a way to convert a bsp file back to a vmf?
Lad Stankfoot
Martyn J. Bootyspoon
Martyn J. Bootyspoon

Post by Lad Stankfoot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:11 am

There is, but it fucks up the map (brushes are misplaced, things are missing, etc). Plus, it's not fucking cool to recompile maps without getting permission from the authors.
fan0721pke wrote:Make sure all open sores on penis have thoroughly dried and wholesale touch screen laptops scabbed over before use.When taking four cocks in the ass, make sure to have an equal amount of cock in your mouth to reduce the risk of CHI imbalance.
pkcrossing89

Post by pkcrossing89 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:34 am

Well that ruined my evening. Im sad now
ehlohel
that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
<b><i>that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit</i></b>

Post by ehlohel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:06 am

Pretty much what stankfoot said, added to the fact that even if he gave us the VMF and gave us permission to fix it, hunting down the problem entity would likely be way more trouble than it is worth.