Calling all 2002-2004 people left.

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: Calling all 2002-2004 people left.

Post by Jason » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:08 am

I DONT SEE HOW IM IN THE MINORITY HERE SHEESH.

The whole mash W to increase speed and awkwardly turn and shit? I mean it was fun for zany antics, I never disputed that, but for actual functional simple and fun driving mechanics? Worst shit ever.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Jason wrote:I DONT SEE HOW IM IN THE MINORITY HERE SHEESH.

The whole mash W to increase speed and awkwardly turn and shit? I mean it was fun for zany antics, I never disputed that, but for actual functional simple and fun driving mechanics? Worst shit ever.
You forgot the part that func_vehicle was in since HL1.

Valve never ever used it, CS was the only game I can think of that used it in 1 map that later had the car removed, because ya it was shit technical wise and nothing was built around func_vehicle even being used, of course the mechanics around it wernt good because valve never planned on using it because they realized how shitty it was.

But it was the shitty glitchyness and simple controls that made it all the better, the fact you could make ANYTHING you could make in hammer into a driveable car was mind blowing and it was easy as shit to do.

You could turn a house into a car, a piece of shit, your face.

No ones saying that func_vehicle had amazing mechanics behind it like it was some technological break through, people praise it because it added an entirely new way to play CS, it impacted CS pretty hard and made up a big part of custom maps.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Jason wrote: The whole mash W to increase speed
Ah, so you've been playing it wrong the entire time then.
renesis

Post by renesis » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:49 am

Never really got into the NIPPER maps. But I dabbled. Haha

Vehicles made for some hilarious shit. Loved it. And now, I miss it.
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 pm

I know i am late as hell coming in here, but I enjoyed looking at those videos. I was in -=[S.Y.M]=- back in the day, and I recognized many people from there, really nostalgic.

Also, I remember you as FiveSeven. Good to know that people from back then are still alive.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 pm

I hate seeing these videos because it wont be like this ever again because Valve wont ever add car support to cs again.

Look at how popular CS:GO is, oh wait, its shit, and bad, and shit, and Valve sucks ass when it comes to CS, always have, and always will until they realize CS is good because it was about fun.
nightmare 101

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Hoodedsniper wrote:I hate seeing these videos because it wont be like this ever again because Valve wont ever add car support to cs again.

Look at how popular CS:GO is, oh wait, its shit, and bad, and shit, and Valve sucks ass when it comes to CS, always have, and always will until they realize CS is good because it was about fun.

I know how you feel hooded. On a similar note to fun, there haven't been many games in recent years that matched the modding quality of Unreal tournament/quake3/half life. It's just more sequels with little wiggle room to create something of your own. That's what I really liked about HL1 - The fact that it was fairly easily made your own with all of the mods and the ease of making maps.

510 Baud One

Post by 510 Baud One » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 am

nightmare 101 wrote:I was in -=[S.Y.M]=- back in the day, and I recognized many people from there, really nostalgic.
What does S.Y.M mean?
510 BauD OnE

(]~_~[) (Listening to mp3s)

Steam Profile

“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
-Jack Canfield
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 am

Spank Your Monkey
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

nightmare 101

Post by nightmare 101 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Eviltechie wrote:Spank Your Monkey
This is correct. It consisted of Yogo, Wozza, Kevster, and me. I about shat myself at the beginning of that video when I saw kevster being spectated! I haven't heard from the guys in a while now, but we had a server that was mostly nipper maps. Some really good late night stuff went down in those days.

Also we had a sub-forum here, but that's long since disappeared. Aaahh nostalgia.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

nightmare 101 wrote:I know i am late as hell coming in here, but I enjoyed looking at those videos. I was in -=[S.Y.M]=- back in the day, and I recognized many people from there, really nostalgic.

Also, I remember you as FiveSeven. Good to know that people from back then are still alive.
Same here on all parts except for being in SYM. I can't believe I've been around this damn community for over a decade now (ignore join date, played on servers before joining forums).
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:52 pm

hi :D

I thought I was in the video for a second until I realized that it was cc_gr:m :(
NNNyc

Post by NNNyc » Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

I am The Swag Lord