[CS:GO] func_vehicle progress

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: [CS:GO] func_vehicle progress

Post by Neelpos » Thu May 28, 2015 7:09 pm

4:02 PM - KoD: right, we had things going pretty good but there was tiny problems that were just out of our reach, and modifiable capabilities
4:03 PM - KoD: if we had a source mod to work with the maps it would be a do-able thing easy, but keep it .bsp only just requires too difficult of modification without valves intervention
4:04 PM - Professor Neelpos.j2: hm
4:04 PM - Professor Neelpos.j2: so if there was a serverside plugin it would function?
4:04 PM - KoD: such as the vehicle maintaining players control when player dies, stuff like that...
4:04 PM - KoD: yeah
4:04 PM - KoD: it would function no problem with a server side plugin
4:04 PM - Professor Neelpos.j2: so if someone were to write said plugin
4:04 PM - Professor Neelpos.j2: I could throw it on CS:JO
4:04 PM - Professor Neelpos.j2: and bing bang boom?
4:06 PM - KoD: yeah assuming there's no security flaws or loopholes or whatever, mem leaks etc...
4:06 PM - Professor Neelpos.j2: hm
I'm not a programmer, but just saying, this could be a thing if someone wants to help complete it.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
mr.solokiller

Post by mr.solokiller » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:27 am

I have little Source engine experience, but if a plugin can create custom entities, then as long as you can override player movement handling (probably not) you can have vehicles.
Since it's C++ you can't just subclass the existing vehicle code, if it's even in CS:GO to begin with. In SC i added vehicle support by allowing scripts to override movement handling, but that probably isn't possible in CS:GO due to being a competitive game.
Malone

Post by Malone » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 am

Someone released a CS:GO "Co-op" map that made top of the workshop page a while ago, and it has a fully functional car. The map is fun too.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:54 am

Somebody contact them and get the inside scoop.

Hoping to have internet either by the end of the week or early next week, I want func_vehicle for CS:JO dammit.

kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Malone wrote:Someone released a CS:GO "Co-op" map that made top of the workshop page a while ago, and it has a fully functional car. The map is fun too.
Care to elaborate? What map?
Malone

Post by Malone » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 pm

KoD wrote:
Malone wrote:Someone released a CS:GO "Co-op" map that made top of the workshop page a while ago, and it has a fully functional car. The map is fun too.
Care to elaborate? What map?
The map was called "coop mission: heist" or something like that. As for the vehicle, it was fully functional, and seemed to be made out of several parts, possibly func_physboxes. The steering wheel turned corresponding to the player's keyboard input and seemed to be very competently made. It was also complete with brakes and engine sounds.

Searching coop/co:op on the CSGO workshop, it should come up.

When I have more time, I'm going to contact the creator and look into it more.... Or some fool can decomp it :/
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

func_physbox cars have been a thing for a long time but they're tedious and not what we're looking for
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not