[CS:GO] func_vehicle progress

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
Malone

Re: [CS:GO] func_vehicle progress

Post by Malone » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:41 pm

it would be neat to see some 1.6 car maps ported to go in the future... Although that would be pretty damn difficult. Still, the mere idea of ow_cc_go brings a smile to my face.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:13 am

Not difficult at all, especially if NIPPER has the orig files for it ;) 9/10 car maps I wanted to port over were his, so I didn't want to touch those.
Malone

Post by Malone » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:13 am

Spherix wrote:Not difficult at all, especially if NIPPER has the orig files for it ;) 9/10 car maps I wanted to port over were his, so I didn't want to touch those.
Good point. I made a car map a while back that, from what I heard from the people I tested it with, was pretty good. I may consider porting that to csgo (Although I've already got an abstract type thing going on so one thing at a time.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:44 am

One of the issues I ran into in my little test map was that my second car wouldn't move the player with it, like I was stuck in place and was remote controlling the second car.
Malone

Post by Malone » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:11 pm

NIPPER wrote:One of the issues I ran into in my little test map was that my second car wouldn't move the player with it, like I was stuck in place and was remote controlling the second car.
I've had similar issues where upon pressing a move key in a vehicle, The vehicle sinks into the ground and leaves you stuck there.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:46 am

NIPPER wrote:One of the issues I ran into in my little test map was that my second car wouldn't move the player with it, like I was stuck in place and was remote controlling the second car.
Make sure the player is being parented to the car/button and it's movetype is being set to '2' (and undo that upon exit). All the cars in the prefab should contain that logic. If I make new cars, I usually copy a fully working one into a separate VMF and open that with notepad++ or the likes to quickly rename all the entity spaghetti :okayasfuck:
Rocket Gordon

Post by Rocket Gordon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Is there any progress on this? I'd hate to have this sort of thing die out. I loved the CS 1.6 cars, and was sad to see the CS 1.6 community slowly die out.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Sounds to me like a feature for an RC map, can other players still sit in the car? Play around with it enough to get it to function properly and have yourself a wacky race.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Malone

Post by Malone » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:18 am

Rocket Gordon wrote:I loved the CS 1.6 cars, and was sad to see the CS 1.6 community slowly die out.
Agreed, I would love to get a match on the old 1.6 Nipper server...... I don't want to stray from the func_vehicle talk, though, which is why I shall now bring up another error I've been having with vehicles (in 1.6 not csgo.) I tried creating a new vehicle and when i compiled it said that an entity I had created was outside of the map. The vehicle was definately inside the map, though. Is there something I am doing incorrectly? I have two path_tracks, the origin block, func_vehiclecontrols, and everything :/
Rocket Gordon

Post by Rocket Gordon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:53 am

I'm also a mapper for CSGO. Perhaps I could make tracks for you guys so you can add the vehicles yourself?
Also, another idea worth mentioning, what if we were to add a custom brush entity kind of like func_tracktrain except you control it? Is that even possible? It would allow for fun ideas like floating helicopters and stuff.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Rocket Gordon wrote:a custom brush entity kind of like func_tracktrain except you control it? Is that even possible?
Possible, sure. Several issues arise with that concept though. We want this to function in a way that requires no downloading other than the .bsp file and easy enough for a casual mapper to figure out how it all works.
Basically what we're doing is utilizing entities already implemented to create a player controlled vehicle.

I have no intention on dropping the progress I've made so far, I just don't have time to work on it because the semester is winding down and finals are coming up.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Too much silence in this thread.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Definitely.
Spherix

Post by Spherix » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:02 am

I'll take the lead and port over demolition_derby2 over to CS:GO, let NIPPER decide if he wants it on the joe.to server or anywhere else for that matter, as I wont release his maps by myself.

NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:57 pm

The map was basically a big square, why not just make an all new map with the same theme?