Why I'm done with CS:GO

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Why I'm done with CS:GO

Post by EvilWalrus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:38 am

I really tried my best with this whole XP system, but let's face it, it fucking sucks.

Yes it prevents smurfs. I understand that, but as a guy who has spent almost 450 hours on Counter-Strike games, this seems really stupid.
I don't want to play Casual or Deathmatch, and I sure as hell won't spend money on some operation to level up my XP more. The XP you earn is painfully slow, making it appear that you are making no progress whatsoever.
The difference between Counter-Strike from other FPS's is that you get things INSTANTLY. With other games you can't use an AK-47 when you first play because you need to play more to get new weapons that makes you a better player. I'm not saying CS:GO took this path, in fact it didn't at all, but the fact that you have to grind and grind for the MAIN gamemode instead of getting it of the bat makes it feel more like some MMO than a FPS.

CS:GO as a whole has made Steam shit. There's all this protection for scamming (ex. You can't add friends unless you buy a game, you have to wait 7 days before you can trade something in the marketplace, etc.). You can argue this makes Steam safer to use, but in my eyes, it's making it worse.

Now maybe I'm mad over nothing, maybe my opinions suck ass, or maybe I'm the only one that even thinks this, but this is the way I have felt ever since CS:GO has become a huge thing, and the XP system did not help my opinions get any better.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Why I'm done with CS:GO

Post by Neelpos » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:47 am

The rank requirement for Competitive is a system that was imported over from DotA2, along with many of the changes to Steam that you listed (It is the dominant game on steam and has the most active economy compared to CSGO and TF2). You need to be level 13 in that game to play ranked matches. Ever since it's introduction I've seen much less smurfs in competitive, and I've been able to climb the ranks easier as a result, most of the people I play with agree that the system is successful. You can reach rank 3 by playing Demolition after around 10 hours of total gameplay, also remember that the weekly bonus multiplier is helpful but the amount it will give you is reduced on every game you play until the week is up. The competitive gamemode is for serious play, and as such having a filter to ensure all players who enter it have at least a few hours of experience has proved to improve the experience. Casual is still the core gamemode in Counter-Strike.

Additionally we have the CS:JO server which you can join us in, casual custom maps and whatnot.

Also the market time ban was due to bots buying and selling anything and everything at rapid rates, capitalizing on penny differences in order to fill the respective users wallets, and the requirement that you must own a game to add friends is to cull scammers who remake accounts and attempt to phish, they have nothing to do with CS:GO.
Last edited by Neelpos on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:04 am

I dunno, I just do what I've always done since CS 1.4: Join a server, kill scrubs, do the objective, earn money and spend it on guns.

The whole XP thing is just a confusing clusterfuck I don't even care to address at all. I didn't even know it existed until I read your post and I've played a good bit of CS:GO. As long as I can play the game I love, I'm fine with it being in the background.

EDIT: Neelpos explained a bit more to me. This may be biased on my behalf because all I play is casual, but it sounds like you just need to play some casual.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:23 am

lol who gets mad at counter strike

what

a

nerd
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't like that XP is the only way to get weapon drops now.
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:59 pm

KoD wrote:This may be biased on my behalf because all I play is casual, but it sounds like you just need to play some casual.
Eh probably. I don't like the system of having 20 people on each team and the lack of communication, but that is probably only on Official Servers. I'll check CS:JO out sometime and see what I think.
NIPPER wrote:I don't like that XP is the only way to get weapon drops now.
For real? That's bullshit.

EDIT:
Neelpos wrote:Ever since it's introduction I've seen much less smurfs in competitive, and I've been able to climb the ranks easier as a result, most of the people I play with agree that the system is successful. You can reach rank 3 by playing Demolition after around 10 hours of total gameplay, also remember that the weekly bonus multiplier is helpful but the amount it will give you is reduced on every game you play until the week is up.
Yeah I realize that it is a great system. I just felt like competitive is the only reason I play CS:GO. I guess Counter-Strike is something that passed for me after spending so much damn time on the series. 10 hours seems hella long for me, especially when I'm playing a game mode I hate so much. Before CS:GO, all I'd play was minigames on Source. Stuff like gun game and whatnot. If I could get XP from community servers, that'd keep my interest up, but sadly it's not an option. So like I said before, I'll check CS:JO out and see if that interests me.

EDIT 2: Off topic, but I just noticed Neelpos's avatar changes every time I refresh and I'm so fucking confused cause I didn't know there was a image file that can do that. Mind = Blown.
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:59 pm

It only took me a couple hours to get enough XP to play competitive again.
Malone

Post by Malone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:58 pm

NIPPER wrote:I don't like that XP is the only way to get weapon drops now.
Someone finally said it. I haven't heard one complaint about this since the release of the bloodhound update. It's annoying especially considering the amount of XP you are required to earn for a drop, and the drops are 99/100 times going to be something hideous or a case I'll never open.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Weapon drops still occur on random, the previous cap was 2 skins and 2 crates per week, the new cap is 3 crates, 1 skin, and an XP skin drop. The reason people haven't been complaining is because everyone who's hitting the cap is getting more steam wallet cash than they were before.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Someone buy me keys for the Falchion case. Trying to complete the collection.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 pm

AMMO wrote:It only took me a couple hours to get enough XP to play competitive again.
This.

Bought CSGO on a new account since the game was on sale and GE (my main rank) had an influx of trigger bots in almost every game I played.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is that they limit your competitive wins to 2 per day, but I guess it's alright...managed to get LEM after my 10 placement matches on my smurf.

If it helps, you can play other game modes that take less time, but will give you less XP.

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Rank
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Bun wrote:GE (my main rank)
Christ.

Nice to know there's at least one other person on J2 above Gold Nova 2, though now I don't get to be all pompous. Gettin close to DMG, I can taste it.
Bun wrote: The only thing that kinda bugs me is that they limit your competitive wins to 2 per day
Yeah that's just until you place, for anyone who doesn't play Comp the limit is lifted once you receive your ELO badge. (10th win)
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:29 pm

DMG is like Silver 1. Don't do it. LOL.

Salt factories everywhere!!!
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Bun wrote:DMG is like Silver 1. Don't do it. LOL.

Salt factories everywhere!!!
Try queuing with Ian7 then get back to me.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:01 pm

Neelpos wrote: Try queuing with Ian7 then get back to me.
LOL. This is why I solo queue. :|