ACTIVE Mexican NIPPER Maps Server (OLD REGS GET IN)

Discussion for all Counter-Strike titles - csgo.joe.to
Bao

ACTIVE Mexican NIPPER Maps Server (OLD REGS GET IN)

Post by Bao » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:47 pm

So this is a post by Chaos Wake, I got locked out of my account again because I'm ridiculous and never save my passwords. (I'm cool with staying on this new account)

I'll give you guys a tl;dr first just so you know whats up and can try things out for yourself.

There is now an active 1.6 NIPPER maps server that runs 24/7 and nearly always has people.

[IP REDACTED DUE TO LARGE INFLUX OF ANGRY GOP CANDIDATES]

Background:

I want to tell you guys what happened not long after that Minecraft fiasco from last year. I ended up on a Mexican Counter Strike server playing a few custom maps and after some time I became one of their mappers, and eventually one of the head admins.

About a month ago though me and the owner, Sinaloense, decided to add -the entire NIPPER map pack- to the mapcycle of his FUN server. Its been absolutely amazing because the server is almost -always- active and for lots of the people playing its their first time playing NIPPER maps ever. For many of them, its even their first years playing Counter Strike, a situation almost parallel to that of the old NIPPER maps server, Rock's Hideout 4.

Sinaloense and me talked a lot about wanting to eventually tell joe.to about this, considering me being an old joe.to regular and Sina being really fascinated with the old world of 1.6 and the NIPPER server. I know it was always a big dream of the old regs here, to have a NIPPER maps server that actually was active and had people consistently on it and its finally happened... after about 10 years.

Today I saw Kr@zzy, a friend of a friend from way way back randomly enter the server. I asked him if he knew Daniel(sonicdragonwerkz, the old reg who I still talk to) and it really was him. That inspired me to make this thread and not sit and wait until the "perfect" time to share.

That all being said, there's some things to understand about the server and the community, its definitely not a nostalgic recreation of the past. Its more its own thing but with a revitalization of NIPPER maps now at its core.

1. The server runs Sina's custom made FUN mod which is like a highly optimised(and much more fun) deathmatch gamemode but with randomized weapon loadouts instead of the really boring game breaking "choose your weapons" menu of other deathmatch mods.

2. Things are about 100x the intensity of what you'll remember. The rounds never stop, the action never stops, you play and fight until the 13 minutes of the map are over, people vote for the next map and we move on to the next. The maps used to go on for 25 minutes, but I personally lowered them to 13 because anything over 15 got people overwhelmed and frustrated. 25 minutes sounds great on big_city2, but 25 minutes in hallofdeath will make you go crazy.

3. Almost everyone speaks Spanish and only has a basic comprehension of English. So most will likely understand what you say but won't be able to respond beyond a "hello".

4. Car maps are popular and loved by the community, but if a car is completely bugged or falls out of bounds there's really no way to retrieve it unless an entire team dies and forces a round restart. Not too big a deal when the map time is purposely 13 minutes, but still is something to watch out for.

5. There are still some non-NIPPER maps from before the NIPPER map pack was added. Prior to about a month ago there were just a few NIPPER maps in a map cycle of about 40. Most of the non-NIPPER maps are still on the mapcycle and are occasionally chosen for play during the map votes. After the adding of the NIPPER map pack though, the mapcycle is more than 150, meaning NIPPER maps completely overshadow these maps and are the base of the server.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sanvich Hoovy

Re: Mexican NIPPER Maps Server (Is Actually Active)

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:20 am

tell them about our csgo server
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Bao

Re: Mexican NIPPER Maps Server (Is Actually Active)

Post by Bao » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:30 pm

I think most of them don't actually play CS:GO. Part of the appeal of 1.6 is that basically anyone can run it. Like I usually also get instructions from Sina to leave out flashing lights or things like that in maps to keep players from getting lag. Also to make sure that I make transparency work correctly for people in Software mode, because a lot of them play using it.

Its kind of the 90s for a lot of them haha, though some do play newer stuff.

Here's a shot of what the average playercount is by the way. We were on big_city2, a really popular map for the server. It had actually been on there for years but no one knew who NIPPER was until I showed up.

Last edited by Bao on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: ACTIVE Mexican NIPPER Maps Server (OLD REGS GET IN)

Post by A Ninja » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:49 pm

It would be awesome for us to get a group together some weekend night and hop on, I'd love to take a trip down nostalgia road on some of these maps, and especially with a full server. I already added this to my favorite list for when I feel the urge.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:15 pm

someone buy me 1.6
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Malone

Post by Malone » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Every time someone mentions 1.6, the PTSD of trying to get metamod and AMX Mod X to work kicks in.
Bao

Post by Bao » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Ian7 wrote:someone buy me 1.6
You can No STEAM it if you really like, about half the players of the MXS server community do it that way. Its not really a big deal so we let them in with certain restrictions and caveats, for example if a No Steam is suspected of cheating they can have their IP banned without evidence. Thats partly because its really easy to use hacks with No Steam and also because its really easy to change your IP in Mexico at least. We tend to only do that though if we're pretty damn certain someone is a Waller or is using an aimbot.

Also the STEAM retail price of 1.6 is $10 which is a bit ridiculous for 2015, and especially ridiculous for the Latin world so people just don't bother most of the time. The game should honestly be free considering not just all the time thats gone by or CS:S and CSGO existing, but also the fact that Free to Play versions already exist, like CS:O and Nexon.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 pm

So this is a post by Chaos Wake, I got locked out of my account again because I'm ridiculous and never save my passwords.
Use the password reset feature.
Bao

Post by Bao » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:15 pm

mbaxter wrote:
So this is a post by Chaos Wake, I got locked out of my account again because I'm ridiculous and never save my passwords.
Use the password reset feature.
That was the first thing I tried, I had an issue with my email not existing anymore. I'm not really that tech ignorant to not know about password resets. I'm also more cool on this new account because my name on MXS is Bao/BaoBao.

---

Some more shots from the server while on cc_mission1. Honestly with my weird custom models it looks like a wacky Battlefield 1.6 looking at it with a 2015 perspective. Don't mind the Italian, I'm weird.

Bao

Post by Bao » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:24 am

For those interested, very soon a much more Classic MXS server is going to be made with NIPPER maps as the base and the normal, un-modded, mode of gameplay.

Basically like the FUN Maps server but without the FUN mod. So a lot like 2002-4 but with a few more maps.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Bao wrote:For those interested, very soon a much more Classic MXS server is going to be made with NIPPER maps as the base and the normal, un-modded, mode of gameplay.

Basically like the FUN Maps server but without the FUN mod. So a lot like 2002-4 but with a few more maps.
I'd definitely be interested in that.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Bao

Post by Bao » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Cool, its really just a matter of waiting for the host to reply to my message.

We already have a basic plan for the server.

EDIT: Have the server, currently in the process of setting it up.
Bao

Post by Bao » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Server is up.

Played a bit with some randoms and friends from my clan earlier, but it will take a bit for it to be consistently active.
Malone

Post by Malone » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Bao wrote:Server is up.

Played a bit with some randoms and friends from my clan earlier, but it will take a bit for it to be consistently active.
These servers are really fun, thanks for sharing these with the forums! :)
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Malone wrote:
Bao wrote:Server is up.

These servers are really fun, thanks for sharing these with the forums! :)
Agreed!! Thank you for sharing these Bao!

I had a great time, and it felt SO reminiscent once i turned my volume to 0 xD