Custom Map Request Thread - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

The dumping ground for all joe.to garbage posts in an effort to keep the rest of the forums neat and tidy. All posts originated in another forum.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: Custom Map Request Thread - PLEASE READ FIRST POST

Post by A Ninja » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Welp, I guess put those on hold, but I'd really enjoy testing the others (including Megapieman's) out on the server sometime soon.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Bump
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:10 pm

I already had one of those cart maps on the server. Everyone complained and we got off it really fast.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Fair enough, although it could be fun for late night with a few players. What about the others?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Bump
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Bummmppp
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks to mbaxter for adding
ctf_casbah3_b4
cp_edifice_test2
koth_sherman_rc1
koth_skyward_b2
cp_keikoku_rc1

As a side not, pl_pier_b15 has an update available
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php ... 1&act=down

EDIT: seems none of them are nominatible, although they seemed to be a big hit with players
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Ask an admin to do a mapvote for them until they are deemed viable as a normal rotation map
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:20 pm

hooray for keikoku!
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:43 pm

mmmmmm

CP_SUBWAY_FINAL

Post by mmmmmm » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 pm

tf4.joe.to
cp_subway_final
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/129072
Regular settings
Not sure why this map was removed, maybe it was a glitch, but it's an awesome map that pretty much everyone loves, and it should definitely get put back on.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Re: CP_SUBWAY_FINAL

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:09 pm

mmmmmm wrote:tf4.joe.to
cp_subway_final
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/129072
Regular settings
Not sure why this map was removed, maybe it was a glitch, but it's an awesome map that pretty much everyone loves, and it should definitely get put back on.
I believe that map is still on the server, just not on the nominate list. I would guess that Why removed it simply because there were just so many 5 point cp maps on already and that one tended to stalemate, but just speculation.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 pm

A Ninja wrote:pl_pier has an update to b16
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php ... 1&act=down
This map has proved to be quite popular on the server when it's been chosen, could we get this updated and added to the nominate list?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:10 pm

This has been bugging me for quite a while despite someone saying it was fixed. Currently the end of map vote has no limit on the number of nominations people can make, which often results in there being 2 pages of options for the next map vote. It would be really nice to set a limit to say, 4 or 5 options to keep the vote from being spread across too many maps.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 pm

tf4.joe.to
pl_woodbridge
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=23876
Regular settings
download link
payload map designed w/highlander in mind. still in alpha, so no fancy textures or anything. looks fun/balanced, and I always like to see new pl maps added

also, can we get a runoff vote system added? I've seen this on other servers and it's so fucking useful. no more will we have winning votes that have fucking 33% of the vote. I think it will lead to better/more popular maps being chosen instead of some fringe candidate map winning
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it