How to Contact Joe?

The dumping ground for all joe.to garbage posts in an effort to keep the rest of the forums neat and tidy. All posts originated in another forum.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by Ian7 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:02 pm

wtf joe didn't have his own place?
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Sub-Merge

Post by Sub-Merge » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:59 pm

joe was on steam 2 days ago
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Sub-Merge wrote:joe was on steam 2 days ago
Your heresy has not gone unnoticed, false prophet.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:46 pm

sureshot- wrote:dude, obviously by 'the family' i didn't mean his own family, but the family that he was staying with for the last years before his departure from this site and contacts. so you have that address or what?
you're right, that is a good way to put it. i sound like an ass in my opinion after having reread that. i'll pm you

also i'll have to keep my ear open
DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:58 pm

tell us how your search for the lost joe goes
sureshot-

Post by sureshot- » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:55 am

DiabeticDugong wrote:tell us how your search for the lost joe goes
we compared info with kod and we have the same info pretty much. so pretty much no info. :D joe doesnt show up on the death records at least the last time i checked, so hes probably ok. im gonna dig into this more and try to message joe later this year when i have more time, before my trip to the sf. i will try to post any confirmations of an actual contact on this site for reference to people like you who are interested on the matter. i'll leave this post here for someone to read maybe years from now, if u find some new info. if someone else wants to get the same info as we do, please private message or pm me or kod from this forum, i dont know how regularly i will be checking it out etc. but you could try to, so we can share the info with u if u want to contact joe as well.

btw, how many of u are still active and being friends with joe still live in the bay area? maybe you could offer some first hand help on finding joe. if you are a nice person that joe truely liked to discuss with and associate with, then i dont see any reason for him not being happy about seeing you in person as well. so this is my way of inspiring people to seek contact with joe and maybe help him out. after all, were human beings, and we live in what is called a society. i know these basic things are forgotten by most people on a daily basis, remember that road rage from yesterday or that jerk who did that and that etc.? but were fucking human beings, and its good to be reminded. after all without kindness and interest towards other human beings, what the hell are we doing here? really? btw, by the word 'help' i dont mean like handouts, but im pretty sure, if you were friends with joe, just hanging out or exchanging interesting thoughts would be considered help. joe is/was a smart guy with a brain that was interested in the world around him and he possessed everyday wisedom and was very knowledgeable about pretty much all aspects of life as he was into books and reading in general -- something that went beyond just taking in personal experiences of the world. im sure a person like that would not dislike the concept of meeting likeminded people to interact with, even for a brief moment, its just not possible.

ps. baudone, send me an email or message me with ur phone number so i can call u, if you read this. im planning a trip to the bay area later this year and i would love to see you as well. take care man. :)

-sureshot
sureshot-

Post by sureshot- » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:17 pm

sureshot- wrote:
DiabeticDugong wrote:tell us how your search for the lost joe goes
we compared info with kod and we have the same info pretty much. so pretty much no info. :D
sorry i was not very precise. to confirm that we have these:

1. last known home address

2. last known home phone number (landline)

3. last known email address (not the joe.to address)

these are no different from what a private eye or anyone doing a background check would find. so if anyone wants to have these, contact kod or me by sending a pm through this site, k? thanks.

-sureshot 510 yo, son
DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:49 pm

wow you really are going to great lengths to find joe
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm sure it's what he would have wanted when he left without telling anyone where he was going.
sureshot-

Post by sureshot- » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Hellboy wrote:I'm sure it's what he would have wanted when he left without telling anyone where he was going.
dude, yeah that logic works in the case of most 4 year olds for the duration of 2 hours that they would commit to that plan. but i doubt that it would be the same for a smart adult like joe. having pretty much no other life than online games and reading; and then abandoning his online friends, i understand abandoning the dicks, but not real friends. maybe he was like "fuck em all" initially when he did it. and then maybe later thought about it, "well if anyone wants to contact me, they can, but if they wont, then i know they were just dicks too and not my real friends".

on another topic. i was doing some more research and i wanted to get info if anyone had one to one dialogue with joe about the matter in more detail. back before he left, he was pretty interested in bitcoin and was crunching for new bitcoins and managed to crunch at least tens of them from what i can remember/gather/deduct. i was thinking what if joe continued generating bitcoins for the remainder of 2011 and maybe beyond. he might have 100-300 bitcoins, or more (or less, impossible and frankly silly to estimate a number). he mentioned that he could do a bitcoin a day with his gear of early 2011 or smth like that. but what if he got like a hundred of them crunched and maybe sold some at the peak or near peak, he could have made usd 50k-100k. or if he stepped up on the mining activity at the right time before it became pretty impossible. and maybe he bought some extra 3d cards to accomplish that or something. he could be a paper or a real millionaire right now. i was just thinking of what would he be doing right now with that kind of money? maybe donate a part of it the family that he was staying with for those many years? maybe rent his own modest apartment somewhere in sf? maybe buy the best gaming computer and gear possible? or would he go and travel the world?
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:34 pm

if joe has that many bitcoins he should comeback and pay for the servers
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:25 pm

sureshot- wrote:
Hellboy wrote:I'm sure it's what he would have wanted when he left without telling anyone where he was going.
dude, yeah that logic works in the case of most 4 year olds for the duration of 2 hours that they would commit to that plan. but i doubt that it would be the same for a smart adult like joe. having pretty much no other life than online games and reading; and then abandoning his online friends, i understand abandoning the dicks, but not real friends. maybe he was like "fuck em all" initially when he did it. and then maybe later thought about it, "well if anyone wants to contact me, they can, but if they wont, then i know they were just dicks too and not my real friends".
If I were Joe I would probably want my privacy respected and not have some internet schmoes instigating search parties to find me, especially based on some impossible-to-know hypothetical scenario where his true internet friends will seek him out eventually and find a way to contact him.

But you never know with Joe.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Hellboy wrote:
sureshot- wrote:
If I were Joe I would probably want my privacy respected and not have some internet schmoes instigating search parties to find me, especially based on some impossible-to-know hypothetical scenario where his true internet friends will seek him out eventually and find a way to contact him.

Not to mention the several other problems with his assumptions.
having pretty much no other life than online games and reading
Kind of insulting, what gave you that impression?
maybe he was like "fuck em all" initially when he did it. and then maybe later thought about it, "well if anyone wants to contact me, they can, but if they wont, then i know they were just dicks too and not my real friends".

+

dude, yeah that logic works in the case of most 4 year olds for the duration of 2 hours that they would commit to that plan.
You have that backwards, an adult can recognize if the environment they're in is detrimental to their well being and move past it, it's entirely possible he did not value anyone enough to stay in extended contact past his departure. The childish thing to do is to sleight your friends, and see who follows you to find out who your "true friends" are, it's a common form of emotional abuse to assert control over a relationship.

Do what you're going to do, I just ask that you keep in mind that if you do find him and attempt to contact him, it's possible he may not want to talk to you.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:52 am

Grndslmhttr3 wrote:lmao nster
Seals or drowns!

As for joe, I always had the thought that he just up and killed himself, mainly because of his avatar. I didn't know him, though, so I can't say much.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
sureshot-

Post by sureshot- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 am

Hellboy wrote:
sureshot- wrote:

yes, joe values his privacy after having found a site that has his name and hundreds of thousands of visitors to his site and servers hosted back in the day. :awesome: ok, that was 100% joke. i get your point. but my point is that its basic human behavior. i have never experienced/heard/read someone to act like you suggest if they weren't 4 years old or being depressed or angry and making a rush decision for which they would later backdown with. really, and ive met and interacted with tens of thousands of people in my active life. sure anything is possible and we cannot attribute chances to something that we dont fully understand, which is what ur saying, ur actually saying that u think that ur analysis for this ad-hoc case is more likely than mine. i was not talking about this ad-hoc case per say, but rather human actions in general, and if they would be used for this case, then IN GENERAL this kind of thing does not happen. also even ur analysis is a hypothetical scenario of how you interpret yourself acting ('If I were Joe I would...' quote)

i think my original analysis of the situation is pretty much an accurate portrayal. assuming joe is not dead and this wasnt someone lashing out on world then blowing his brains out, then i think he would value his real friends to contact him. and if you have to wonder if you are his real friend, then maybe you arent. but i bet if you were a nice person with interesting things to say and did interesting things with joe, i dont know how its possible for joe not to consider you as your true friend. because, surely joe would have done so at those moments in his life that those things were happening and you both had a great time. :)

-sureshottererer