How to Contact Joe?

The dumping ground for all joe.to garbage posts in an effort to keep the rest of the forums neat and tidy. All posts originated in another forum.
sureshot-
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by sureshot- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:07 am

Hellboy wrote: If I were Joe I would probably want my privacy respected and not have some internet schmoes instigating search parties to find me
i would like to add to this, that while i appreciate joes privacy. so far this thread is very respectable of his privacy. we are only mentioning his first name and no other personal info like address or recent photo or something like this. as i mentioned in my previous posts, someone wanting to have his last known address, phone, email, etc. can contact me or kod personally for a private message, for the very reason of not flaunting his personal details on the web for everyone to see. although, even this is kind of silly since the internet allows you to get these details in other ways for anyone who knows his dob and full name. so go figure. but i would say that its fairly ethical to discuss about the whereabouts of joe the friend. considering joe originally built a website bearing his name and was a mini-celebrity of sorts while running the site for all those years in late 90s, early 2000s and attending beyond that; i think what we are doing is pretty much ok. we can always have this thread or the whole forums destroyed if joe returns and wishes such to occur. im 100% fine with that, and in many ways, it would be his right to do so, im not sure about whether other people on the site would agree with that decision, though.

-510 sureshot
sureshot-
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by sureshot- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:40 am

Neelpos wrote: Not to mention the several other problems with his assumptions.
i would be interesting to know your theory of what happened. i mean thats kinda why im here also.
Neelpos wrote:
having pretty much no other life than online games and reading
Kind of insulting, what gave you that impression?
ohh yea, sorry i forgot those times back in 2011 when he was dating those supermodels, doing well in his job, and having an active outdoor life with loads of activities everyday. whaaaat? it didnt happen... ohh... so its really weird that me stating facts would be called an impression or even more weird that its called insulting. i think the average guy would agree that the life that joe led could be essentially dubbed as having 'no life'. im not saying that joe or people like him should be judged in any way. not at all. im just saying that the general opinion would be that he wasnt living the life to the fullest. some might argue that he was living a fuller life than most, but thats besides the point i was making.

also, when listing facts i dont usually add any emotions or insult to them... maybe thats just me, right? :D dude... theres nothing wrong with what he was and what he did, in fact some aspects of him are great. just because he didnt do any supermodels in 2011 doesnt make me disrespect or insult him in any way whatsoever. clear?
Neelpos wrote: You have that backwards, an adult can recognize if the environment they're in is detrimental to their well being and move past it, it's entirely possible he did not value anyone enough to stay in extended contact past his departure. The childish thing to do is to sleight your friends, and see who follows you to find out who your "true friends" are, it's a common form of emotional abuse to assert control over a relationship.
i understand your point of no one being worth it. for sure you could take a perspective that even the people he truly appreciated and liked when he was nerding online were not true friends, cos at best they were just cute fonts on a screen or movement in a game or voice on the chat etc. but that does not mean that great moments were not shared. that does not also mean that its certain that he would not want to see anyone of those people again. if that were true, then he would truly regret all of his life and even the moments he shared good times, and for someone to feel like that, they have to be in a serious funk. if they ever recover from that funk, its likely they could rethink their past views on things.

i think it was just a convenient way for him to quit 'life' or his version of life. i mean, to categorically stop using all means of contact that he had at that point. someone who wants to quit life, has so powerful emotions driving that, the easiest thing to do, once you consider quitting life, is to quit it completely. someone to pick and choose who to remain in contact with is not in the 'right' mental state of someone thinking about truly quitting.

in the case of this website. i could see that by 2011 joe probably had no true friends on this site when he quit. i mean back in 2011 this site from joes perspective probably only consisted trolls, assholes and kinder-gentler-assholes. :D i can totally see him quitting the site. in fact i did the same 6 months earlier. :D but i never quit on staying in contact with joe and some others. but for joe to quit this forum on 2011 is totally logical. i was wondering why he didnt do it before. actually back in 2009 i was thinking, "omg, what is joe still doing with these new kid assholes?" :D
Neelpos wrote: Do what you're going to do, I just ask that you keep in mind that if you do find him and attempt to contact him, it's possible he may not want to talk to you.
yeah i know. and if that happens its very unfortunate, but at the same time kinda of interesting and sad. i hope it doesnt happen. but i understand the logic of the world for smart people like joe: "everyones an asshole unless otherwise proved". except that in that case there could be no proof presented. so its like one of his favorite stories, the gatekeeper... i could really appreciate the irony of it, if that would to happen. :)

-sureshot
sureshot-
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by sureshot- » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:50 am

narwal wrote: As for joe, I always had the thought that he just up and killed himself
yea its a possible scenario. i hope that it didnt happen or doesnt happen in the future either. he doesnt appear on the death records. but theres still a way that he could have done it and not be found as he shared this method with me many times and it was his fav method of death. for reasons of privacy and trust i will not mention what this method or plan was, but i can assure you that if he had killed himself like that, for sure there would be no death record to be found, because no one would know he would be dead and no one would be looking for him or filling a missing persons report or anything like that. so theres a def possibility that hes dead. :sadasfuck:
User avatar
Parasyte
Posts: 1525
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by Parasyte » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Double post
Triple post

QUADRUPLE POST! :nonono:
User avatar
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>
Posts: 8423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:43 am
Location: Philly

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:40 pm

M-M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL
Image
Image
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
User avatar
NIPPER
Posts: 10683
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:49 pm
Contact:

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by NIPPER » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Is this website still tied to him, like the domain and everything? Or did he transfer control of everything to someone else before he left and if so, who?

I get the right to privacy but at the same time I'll always be curious as to what his motivation for leaving really was and what he's been up to. So if anyone ever figures it out I'd be interested in knowing too.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by narwal » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:55 am

The Hunt for the Great White Buffalo.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by narwal » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:57 am

And I'm going to double post because that makes you cool in this thread, so

I hadn't thought of what nipper said, and that sounds like the best lead.

Guys, what if joe still checks j2 under another account or in invis mode

Guys what if
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Texas

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by loafozard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:03 pm

narwal wrote:Guys what if
Image
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Hallowed wrote:The Jews were bad because the Nazis liked them.
sureshot-
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by sureshot- » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:40 pm

in reference to people getting annoyed by multiple posts, which is just easier to do to address points by different people. i will make this one post last. :lecture: btw, you are just too c u t e -- people of the internet. i think one of the biggest problems in this world are multiple posts by same person of different context and capitalization of letters, cos that JUST FEELS LIKE SOMEONES SHOUTIN AT YA, DONT IT? :D really? :awesome: i mean i understood the capital thing kinda in the 90s when people who had been accustomed to readin books and somehow had that caps thing engraved in their minds due to books, but for kids of today to find it annoying is something beyond me. i think its just one of those opinions that people dont really have in general but most who say they have it, have just monkey copied it from someone else that they heard getting mad bout the same thing. and yet ive never found anyone except a few hipsters to criticize the use of boring fonts like arial or times new roman etc. with the same level of outrage. so its just those points from a very narrow and unimaginative perspective that ppl usually target on. anthropologist would have multiple orgasms over this shit, i know it. :D its kinda fascinating actually. :)
NIPPER wrote:Is this website still tied to him, like the domain and everything?
i checked last nite and the tonga registry is one of the most secretive registeries out there as they only publish few details using the whois protocol. i cant find the site again today, but i recall the only useful info that i found was that in 6 years there had been 8 chances to ownership details (unknown what those were) and that the latest registration had started from sometime in 2010 and would end 2015, meaning that the domain would expire in 2015. so unless someone on this site has those details or transferred ownership etc, joe.to will die sometime in 2015, but theres hope as to making a bot track and bid right when it expires. u just gotta be fast tho, cos crap domain names like j-o-e.com or other variants of 'joe' and 'joe' with addon words cost thousands of bucks. so i would assume a short domain like joe.to would be in high demand by the scalpers and eventually by real businesses.

its kinda ironic that joe himself was never a commercially minded 'show me the money'-type. he had true human values, like starting a random site and giving out emails to his friends and random ppl in the 90s that was unheard of back then and offered true value in the form of ad free websites and emails plus other ways. i dont know if some of u kids out here can truly understand the tech landscape of late 90s, ad-free personal email and websites were like unheard of back then. other people at the time were just thinking about how to get rich fast with some stupid internet shit and joe had plenty of opportunities to become a millionaire, but he chose not to do it. like he was active and on the internet at a time when just registering a hundred domains of high worth would have made him somewhere in the tens of millions of dollars. but he did not think like that. and maybe if he had, this site would have never existed in the first place, and all those lives of tens of thousands of people that crossed paths because of this site would have been completely different (think the classic butterfly effect). so joe changed the world directly for those thousands of people. and those thousands of people changed the world for millions of people. the irony of it all is that, while joe in a way perhaps helped to create a better world for so many other people by his random acts of kindness and lacking this type of money-money-yall-business-thinking so pervasive in the american society and humanity in general (like having that thought on the back (and sometimes front ;) ) of your mind, like "hows that gonna benefit me?")... so my point it that joe lacked that thinking and made the world a better place, but it ended up hurting him. in more ways than one. like joe did not become a millionaire when he could easily have become one at points in his life (possibly multiple points of time). kinda makes u think. i mean some might think about his contribution to society or humanity in the form of this website as a crackpot joke, but i think theres real value in it. when you think about, its huge! thanks joe. :)

i believe that using mario terminology, this whole thing could be perceived as joe being mario who lost his life just after he had gotten a million one ups for humanity by playing the sky map above princess' castle and hitting that yellow box of one ups before falling to the ground and suffering a game over and then considering whether to reload the game or not to a previous save state. :clap: the lesson here is to always aim for the one up boxes in life. some ppl have kids to create one ups, joe did this site. :)

(ps. mario reference, mario 64 on nintendo 64, respect yall :D n check out the map, its awesome )
NIPPER wrote: .. I'll always be curious as to what his motivation for leaving really was and what he's been up to. So if anyone ever figures it out I'd be interested in knowing too.
i will try to remember to contact u using a pm if i manage to contact joe at some point or meet with him.
narwal wrote:And I'm going to double post because that makes you cool in this thread, so
son, thats a good start, but you gotta last all nite. the next step is to double the double, then i love u long time too. :awesome:
narwal wrote:I hadn't thought of what nipper said, and that sounds like the best lead.
trudat

510 sureshot
Last edited by sureshot- on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sureshot-
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by sureshot- » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:48 pm

sureshot- wrote: its kinda ironic that joe himself was never a commercially minded 'show me the money'-type.
sorry ppl-who-get-annoyed-by-double-posts, just had to double post, cos my association is not so straight forward here for my spiel about how joe was jebus. ;) i was thinking like this, BECAUSE joe could have registered joe.com and chose not to do it. and we were talking about joe.to and not joe.com that could have been, but was never to be because of joes thinking n moral backbone.

ps. ppl-who-get-annoyed-by-double-posts, did u know that editing sucks?

-sureshot
User avatar
Pentagram.J2
Posts: 3045
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Your posts are becoming increasingly painful to read
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
User avatar
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to
Posts: 9058
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:48 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by KoD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:39 pm

sureshot- wrote:in the case of this website. i could see that by 2011 joe probably had no true friends on this site when he quit.
:thefuck:
sureshot- wrote:actually back in 2009 i was thinking, "omg, what is joe still doing with these new kid assholes?" :D
The assholes were the years-old members who haven't experienced an influx of new (and many young) members before. Now they are scared off and wont grow up with the community like so many of us did.
That is what really pissed joe off.
Pentagram.J2 wrote:Your posts are becoming increasingly painful to read
:ohsnap: :owned:
User avatar
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>
Posts: 8524
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 am

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by Django » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Yo, i want to call out the fact that joe was extremely put off by all the teasing/foolin'round towards new members in the community.
You know the kind of stuff that happened constantly once we got a mine-craft server.

In other ways, he hated when people just went for the more obvious behaviors/reactions dealing with issues.
Ex: Dumb minecraft kids makes a dumb first post in the forums, everyone in the community picks on him.

There is a lot of shit you can't communicate in a post ,and it so easy for some one misread or misinterpret.
Joe knew this and made him bit more sensitive on how people interact in his forums.
Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
User avatar
Gr|m
Posts: 9383
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Re: How to Contact Joe?

Post by Gr|m » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:52 pm

I stopped reading the posts because they were too long but I'd enjoy playing wc3 customs with joe again if he ever came back
Locked