What anime are you watching?

discussions on the Japanese art form (note: no hentai!)
User avatar
Fufuberry
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 pm
Contact:

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Fufuberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:29 am

Me and Stabby also watched Madoka Magica the other day. Haven't seen the movies yet but the series was definitely worth watching. \o/

That and sailor moon crystal because fyeah sailor moon. Not loving the 3d transformations but oh well.
!!!!!!
User avatar
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>
Posts: 8520
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 am

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Django » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:45 pm

Fufuberry wrote:Me and Stabby also watched Madoka Magica the other day
:oops: omg thats such a good show
Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
User avatar
DiabeticDugong
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by DiabeticDugong » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Fufuberry wrote:Me and Stabby also watched Madoka Magica the other day. Haven't seen the movies yet but the series was definitely worth watching. \o/

That and sailor moon crystal because fyeah sailor moon. Not loving the 3d transformations but oh well.

bro i gotchu i know where you can stream the madoka movie

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Mahou-Shoujo ... Monogatari

thats the latest one and i recommend to watch after the show
Image
User avatar
Maha
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Maha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

I'm gonna go watch Log Horizon and hope for the best with that.
User avatar
Sanvich Hoovy
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 am
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Maha wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

I'm gonna go watch Log Horizon and hope for the best with that.
There's actually some intricate plot reasons that are revealed later that answer your questions, basically
It's SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Image
User avatar
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:52 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by FM113 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Maha wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

I'm gonna go watch Log Horizon and hope for the best with that.
Haven't gotten very far into the second season, but the first one was gold. I've watched SAO and except for the animation, Log Horizon is better in every way (IMO).

Wish I'd have known it existed when I watched SAO turn into a llama hole of an anime.
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
User avatar
Maha
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Maha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:04 pm

FM113 wrote:
Maha wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

I'm gonna go watch Log Horizon and hope for the best with that.
Haven't gotten very far into the second season, but the first one was gold. I've watched SAO and except for the animation, Log Horizon is better in every way (IMO).

Wish I'd have known it existed when I watched SAO turn into a llama hole of an anime.
I watched the first episode of Log Horizon and really liked it. All the characters just felt so much more alive compared to SAO.
User avatar
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:52 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by FM113 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Maha wrote:
FM113 wrote:
Maha wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

I'm gonna go watch Log Horizon and hope for the best with that.
Haven't gotten very far into the second season, but the first one was gold. I've watched SAO and except for the animation, Log Horizon is better in every way (IMO).

Wish I'd have known it existed when I watched SAO turn into a llama hole of an anime.
I watched the first episode of Log Horizon and really liked it. All the characters just felt so much more alive compared to SAO.
At some points it's based a lot more on strategy than actual fighting, but I find it kind of nice not to have an overpowered knight main character who just powers trough everything. Beware that there's a lot of talking sometimes.
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
User avatar
Maha
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Maha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm

FM113 wrote:
Maha wrote:
FM113 wrote:
Maha wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

I'm gonna go watch Log Horizon and hope for the best with that.
Haven't gotten very far into the second season, but the first one was gold. I've watched SAO and except for the animation, Log Horizon is better in every way (IMO).

Wish I'd have known it existed when I watched SAO turn into a llama hole of an anime.
I watched the first episode of Log Horizon and really liked it. All the characters just felt so much more alive compared to SAO.
At some points it's based a lot more on strategy than actual fighting, but I find it kind of nice not to have an overpowered knight main character who just powers trough everything. Beware that there's a lot of talking sometimes.
Talking isn't an issue with me. The .hack series is probably my favorite series of all time so I don't mind listening as long as it keeps itself interesting.

I'm also loving the strategist point of view as well. Having the mechanics of the game explained during battle is actually kinda awesome to watch and listen to.
User avatar
DoggyHound
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Singapore

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by DoggyHound » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:05 pm

watching Katanagatari now.
Image
User avatar
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>
Posts: 8520
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 am

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Django » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:54 am

DoggyHound wrote:watching Katanagatari now.
Is that the guy who made bakemonogatari and nisenmonogatari?
Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
User avatar
DoggyHound
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Singapore

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by DoggyHound » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:08 am

Django wrote:
DoggyHound wrote:watching Katanagatari now.
Is that the guy who made bakemonogatari and nisenmonogatari?
Yes
Image
User avatar
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>
Posts: 8520
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 am

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Django » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:19 pm

DoggyHound wrote:
Django wrote:
DoggyHound wrote:watching Katanagatari now.
Is that the guy who made bakemonogatari and nisenmonogatari?
Yes


8O


Image
Image
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
User avatar
prolix
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:46 pm

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by prolix » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:06 pm

what do

Image

inb4 vanned
Image
User avatar
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by KatanaRama » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Started watching Samurai Champloo recently. Probably my favorite anime so far.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Post Reply