What anime are you watching?

discussions on the Japanese art form (note: no hentai!)
Fufuberry

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Fufuberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:29 am

Me and Stabby also watched Madoka Magica the other day. Haven't seen the movies yet but the series was definitely worth watching. \o/

That and sailor moon crystal because fyeah sailor moon. Not loving the 3d transformations but oh well.
!!!!!!
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:45 pm

Fufuberry wrote:Me and Stabby also watched Madoka Magica the other day
:oops: omg thats such a good show
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Fufuberry wrote:Me and Stabby also watched Madoka Magica the other day. Haven't seen the movies yet but the series was definitely worth watching. \o/

That and sailor moon crystal because fyeah sailor moon. Not loving the 3d transformations but oh well.

bro i gotchu i know where you can stream the madoka movie

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Mahou-Shoujo ... Monogatari

thats the latest one and i recommend to watch after the show
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

I'm gonna go watch Log Horizon and hope for the best with that.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Maha wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

What's with all the time skips? What is going on? Why does Kirito change his personality like 3 times between the first 3 episodes?

There's actually some intricate plot reasons that are revealed later that answer your questions, basically
It's SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>

Post by FM113 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Maha wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes of Sword Art Online. I'm done with it already.

Haven't gotten very far into the second season, but the first one was gold. I've watched SAO and except for the animation, Log Horizon is better in every way (IMO).

Wish I'd have known it existed when I watched SAO turn into a llama hole of an anime.
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:04 pm

FM113 wrote:

Haven't gotten very far into the second season, but the first one was gold. I've watched SAO and except for the animation, Log Horizon is better in every way (IMO).

Wish I'd have known it existed when I watched SAO turn into a llama hole of an anime.
I watched the first episode of Log Horizon and really liked it. All the characters just felt so much more alive compared to SAO.
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>

Post by FM113 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Maha wrote:
FM113 wrote:

I watched the first episode of Log Horizon and really liked it. All the characters just felt so much more alive compared to SAO.
At some points it's based a lot more on strategy than actual fighting, but I find it kind of nice not to have an overpowered knight main character who just powers trough everything. Beware that there's a lot of talking sometimes.
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm

FM113 wrote:
Maha wrote:
FM113 wrote:

At some points it's based a lot more on strategy than actual fighting, but I find it kind of nice not to have an overpowered knight main character who just powers trough everything. Beware that there's a lot of talking sometimes.
Talking isn't an issue with me. The .hack series is probably my favorite series of all time so I don't mind listening as long as it keeps itself interesting.

I'm also loving the strategist point of view as well. Having the mechanics of the game explained during battle is actually kinda awesome to watch and listen to.
DoggyHound

Post by DoggyHound » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:05 pm

watching Katanagatari now.
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:54 am

DoggyHound wrote:watching Katanagatari now.
Is that the guy who made bakemonogatari and nisenmonogatari?
DoggyHound

Post by DoggyHound » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:08 am

Django wrote:
Yes
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:19 pm

DoggyHound wrote:
Django wrote:
Yes

8O

prolix

Post by prolix » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:06 pm

what do

inb4 vanned
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Started watching Samurai Champloo recently. Probably my favorite anime so far.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.