Space Dandy

discussions on the Japanese art form (note: no hentai!)
rushieslushie

Space Dandy

Post by rushieslushie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:35 am

Premiered January 4th on Toonami, this is from the makers of Soul Eater, Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bepop

Ludicrous and stylish, I fell in love.
JetMechRadio

Re: Space Dandy

Post by JetMechRadio » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:24 am

rushieslushie wrote:Premiered January 4th on Toonami, this is from the makers of Soul Eater, Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bepop

Ludicrous and stylish, I fell in love.
Shit forget the first two; from the maker of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo is what it should say trumpeted in loud, gold letters
DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:23 pm

My friend (sportslot) who's not really into anime was right when he said that this is like finding a needle in a haystack. It's so different from most anime or at least any anime that Iv seen and it's fantastic.
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:29 pm

My friend made me some fan art involving me as Dandy and him as Meow. Love him to death.
VIEW CONTENT:
Image Image Image
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:24 pm

pretty cool, i only seen like the first 3 episodes.
I heard one of the show creators was disappointed on the English dub not because it was bad (it's excellent) ,but because
the omitted some important dialogue regarding the plot.

Still, this show has shit like this
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Nightmare 102

Post by Nightmare 102 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 am

I. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.

I've already watched the first season at least twice over - both dubbed and subbed.

When I first heard it was from the makers of cowboy bebop I got excited. It has been years since an anime has interested me, and for that time, cowboy bebop has been my go to reference to recommend someone a good anime.

There is only one episode I don't like, and that's "The Lonely Pooch Planet". Why? It just doesn't give much character develop-/enhance-ment.

Anyway, I rate it a Priceless/10. B)

EDIT: And yeah Django, the english version butchers the show a bit. There have been times I was watching the original and though "Holy fuck how could they NOT have included this to all viewers?

Also, i've read it's been confirmed that a new season is coming in june or july, so if you love this show as i do, there is more to look forward to.