Item Cost-efficiency [LOL]

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Item Cost-efficiency [LOL]

Post by NightFantom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:46 am

So yeah what the title said, full info already in this other thread, if you want, ask questions here or there or wherever

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/sh ... ?p=6147190

direct link to spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... XQVE#gid=0
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner

Re: Item Cost-efficiency [LOL]

Post by nightmare 101 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 am

Pretty neat spread sheet (Something I can honestly say I don't usually say, and also sound like a total nerd by having said.).

Though I am too lazy to go make the most cost efficient build I can. Personally, I think 90% of winning the game is knowing when to buy what items - Is it time to upgrade, or just buy another low tier to give that tiny augment to your power?
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon

Post by NightFantom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 am

yeah obviously this isn't everything, since even the most efficient item is situational, this (to me) is more of a comparison between item costs vs raw material costs

or e.g. a rylai's is about 150 gold inefficient, which is paying for the slow effect
depending on what skills/spells you have, this might totally be worth it or just be a waste of 150 gold

and then you always have to consider how much an inventory slot is worth, however efficient/inefficient an item may be, having all those stats in one slot is possibly worth more than getting all the base items and having nowhere to put them (i'm looking at you, triforce!)

then again doing some theorycrafting is fun sometimes :3
nightmare 101

Post by nightmare 101 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:17 am

NightFantom wrote: waste of 150 gold

and then you always have to consider how much an inventory slot is worth, however efficient/inefficient an item may be, having all those stats in one slot is possibly worth more than getting all the base items and having nowhere to put them (i'm looking at you, triforce!)

then again doing some theorycrafting is fun sometimes :3
I think triforce is a really neat item to build early game, because you can build many of the parts and upgrading them to either a zeal, sheen, or phage first is a true test of build order. Do you need the survivability of a phage/zeal, or the damage of a sheen? (Zeal provides survivability with movement speed, something that I think is often overlooked when consdering which one to upgrade first.)
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon

Post by NightFantom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:51 pm

triforce is an awesome item if you can use all three base parts, if not, you're possibly better off building two of the upgraded versions (e.g phantom dancer + frozen mallet but not sheen/lich bane if you have heavy cooldowns etc)

on anyone with a rightclick enhancer (or whatever you'd call those skills, e.g jax' leap strike, poppy's smash thingy, nasus' smash etc) a 150% base damage bonus on that attack is always nice, or if you build a lich bane a whateveryourAPmightbe increase on that attack is nice synergy, and probably worth a lot more to you than to other champs

imo if you're going to theorycraft, you first need to find which items not to use (ap on a rightclick champ, ...), cross them off of this giant list with all the items, then see which passives/actives are useless to you, cross them off, etc until you're left with about 10-20 items

from there on you decide which items are worth it, what price you'd want to pay ideally for those actives/passives, which items should be core and which should be situational (and for which situations) then write it on a post-it on the wall next to your screen until you know your build
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 am

NightFantom wrote:triforce is an awesome item if you can use all three base parts, if not, you're possibly better off building two of the upgraded versions (e.g phantom dancer + frozen mallet but not sheen/lich bane if you have heavy cooldowns etc)

on anyone with a rightclick enhancer (or whatever you'd call those skills, e.g jax' leap strike, poppy's smash thingy, nasus' smash etc) a 150% base damage bonus on that attack is always nice, or if you build a lich bane a whateveryourAPmightbe increase on that attack is nice synergy, and probably worth a lot more to you than to other champs

imo if you're going to theorycraft, you first need to find which items not to use (ap on a rightclick champ, ...), cross them off of this giant list with all the items, then see which passives/actives are useless to you, cross them off, etc until you're left with about 10-20 items

from there on you decide which items are worth it, what price you'd want to pay ideally for those actives/passives, which items should be core and which should be situational (and for which situations) then write it on a post-it on the wall next to your screen until you know your build
youre thinking of on-next-hit effects.