Valve has made a good leave system.

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
Hoodedsniper

Valve has made a good leave system.

Post by Hoodedsniper » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 pm

So i have left about 7 games in dota 2 because i had to go somewhere or do something.

Anyways, the leave system places you in the lowest match making pool which im in.

It sucks, you can still play, but Queues are LONG.

You need to wait about 30-40 minutes, and depending on how much you leave the longer you are in it.

Im in the lowest pool so i have huge que times which is better than LoLs banning you and HoN preventing you to play on most servers.

So its nice you can still play, but you have shitty que times so it really makes me never to leave again.

You also get paired with leavers only so if you dont leave you dont get put in with leavers.

Mines only a day long which isnt bad.
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Re: Valve has made a good leave system.

Post by TheNewt » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:37 pm

That is a very interesting system... Though it might make it hard to play games quickly one after another... How do they handle queue times when you team up with friends who aren't leavers?
Robots & Game development
http://www.codenewt.com
ja raul

Post by ja raul » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I remember when I first got into dota on wc3 (2002ish) the load times were 5-15 mins, I think this is a great system.
TheNewt wrote:How do they handle queue times when you team up with friends who aren't leavers?
Does this assume you are the leaver? While annoying, I think it would be fair to enforce an extended queue time for any party that has a leaver in it, after 5 or so games maybe the wait penalty should go away. Fuck leavers.
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Post by TheNewt » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:22 pm

LOL, I have left... maybe 3-4 games over the years... ever. Including Warcraft3 Dota Allstars, Aeon of Strife, and League of Legends
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:01 pm

TheNewt wrote:That is a very interesting system... Though it might make it hard to play games quickly one after another... How do they handle queue times when you team up with friends who aren't leavers?
Its either if you have one leaver you all get into the lower bracket.

OR, If the non-leavers outweigh the leavers, like 3 non-leavers to 2 leavers, then i think you get normal queue.

Im pretty sure its the first one though.

But the punishment is a day long and you can still play practice games with no problem.
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Post by TheNewt » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:00 am

OH, so you leave and you get punished just for that one day. Okay that sounds pretty reasonable, considering if you HAVE to leave you are likely not going to play immediately afterward, but later that day you might (and hence will feel the sting of the punishment)

Cool.
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:58 am

Kind of dumb imo. I mean you get placed in the equivalent of the shit-tier queue, you are placed with fellow leavers, ragers, dickheads, etc. Chances are you'll just sink deeper into the pot because youre playing with assholes. But obviously better than League's thing of "we're just going to ban you" since you arent forced to play when in low priority queue, but you still can, and you can still play bot/practice games.

i just hate how many fucking leavers there are currently. but im slowly getting out of the crappy queue and into higher skill levels where less and less people ragequit/leave/troll.
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:03 pm

That sounds okay. I just wish a MOBA would adapt some sort of queue system to get into matches as a character that someone left for 5 minutes, or something. That way the players wouldn't get screwed as hard on matches where someone didn't want to communicate and raged.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
Sub-Merge

Post by Sub-Merge » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:13 pm

That's actually what Valve is planning to implement in Dota 2
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:51 am

The low priority q in dota 2 is absolute hell, like there is nothing worse. You wait forever to get into a game, and then once you get in you have the worst, most horrible players in existence. People rage and scream and leave the games. If i had to describe the concept of hell to someone I would have them try to play dota2 in the low priority q. That shit is like kids in a sandbox, its like playing on xbox live without muting any players. Hell on earth - having been there I would never do anything to send me back.

(I actually didn't get put in low priority q i was playing with a friend who was in there, but my statements still stand)
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 pm

That is awesome, forget the leavers, it's the raging moba players I can't stand.

I make efficient use of the report a player system.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:24 pm

After getting put into leaver queue once again, I have to admit it's pretty different. My first game I had an Ursa playing at a family reunion (i shit you not, he went afk like 2 minutes every once and a while), which was absolutely hilarious but it did make us lose the game even though we kind of had it at one point.

My other game we did REALLY well, but our Riki left for a good 5 minutes, but we just used him anyway and it worked out pretty well, he came back later on and we won.

Er but there was a game before those 2 where it was just bad, I was playing Windrunner and my team got shit on by pudge/db, late game they tried talking shit, idk, not like doom bringer takes a shit ton of skill with dat 11s silence and a gimmick as fuck multiplicative spell

but another problem is the queue times themselves, there was 30k players on and i queued for all modes/servers, and queue times were still >40 minutes. For some odd reason when you duo queue with someone NOT in low priority it felt faster (though could be coincidence). I'll just be glad when they implement a way for you to buy yourself out of lowpriority queue, the players themselves are actually on average pretty fucking good, as when I played the reason I and the rest of my team were in LowQ was because we all RQ bad games, though that Ursa was still pretty bad but he said he was lagging or something.

fucking family reunion lol
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:49 am

best thing is just to use one of your invites to make a second account to play in, leaver pool is literally matchmaking hell