Dayz- Arma 2 mod

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Dr Lecter

Dayz- Arma 2 mod

Post by Dr Lecter » Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 pm

This shit looks so cool, imagine playing a game of the walking dead.

It is a persistent zombie survival game, where it is free for all pvp (you don't know who is friend or foe), and a humongous world to scavenge for food and supplies.

I've watched two videos on it and read about it, I'm buying arma now.

The first video is an over view, and the 2nd one is pretty exciting because he encounters friendly players as well as hostile.

http://www.dayzmod.com

Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Re: Dayz- Arma 2 mod

Post by scobywhru » Wed May 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Interesting, and just FYI you can try out Arma 2 Free to get a feel of the engine before purchasing, it doesn't support mods but is free.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 pm

I used to play the shit out of the original operation flash point so I'm not worried about the game, I've been meaning to get around and get this game for a minute.
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah, I did too, some great times were had when I wasn't playing serious and my friends were, like running away in a jeep and coming back with an APC after briefly being chased by a tank.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed May 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Wooooooah.

This shit looks awesome. Don't have Arma, but when I get my computer, definitely going to play this.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Wed May 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah still buggy, somehow I lost my backpack but I picked up a shotgun and some ammo food off a dead body on one of the coastal roads, they had 3 flares around them in the dead of night so I waited for them to go out before picking up the equipment. Also picked up a watch and compass off that body, and i would have gone to another body not far away but it had a swarm of zombies on it, and the shotgun had 2 shots. So I headed into the woods instead of the nearby town, Dead of night wandering around the woods listening to the noises and pushing on, until I found a keep of some sort with a zombie outside, it noticed me and I had to shoot, I then proceeded to stumble off the keep and break a leg, my journey may end here IDK.

Fun and unforgiving.
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah, it is alpha still. I just loaded it up and am ping to try it
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Thu May 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Yeah so first play through I ended up bleeding out when I tried to move, and I didn't have any more bandages. 2nd time I played I ended up passing out due to bloodloss near zombies, 3rd time I ended up dying from zombies directly because I ran out of ammo, 4th basically the same as the 3rd.
jermm

Post by jermm » Thu May 17, 2012 5:32 pm

ARMA2 with expansion pack is $15 on Amazon Digital Download today http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003UV8RRE/
pooaw
Radio edit
<font color=#0040FF>Radio edit</font>

Post by pooaw » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Bumping as I am thinking of getting Arma and when I do I'll be getting DayZ too. Anyone got / getting it and feel like playing sometime?
nightmare 101 wrote:I appreciate you brigbar, for being a sexy young lass. Every time I see one of your posts, it brings a smile to my face. My <3 aches for threads like this, and your feminine sensuality has tempered the bounds of what the immature forum truly means to us. In days long since passed, it was the breeding ground of hateful spite. Truly, this fountain of effeminate care and love called Brigbar96 has changed everything for us. We will drop our arms and hug one another. Hate is the past, and it's only made possible by our one and only..

<3 brigbar96 <3
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 am

I play ARMA 2 regularly. DayZ is pretty cool, just tried it out yesterday.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm

First, I love DayZ I have always thought of getting Arma 2 then downloading DayZ. I see people playing it on Steam a lot, so if you weren't playing it on steam would you be able to play it with a person who IS playing it on steam?

Second, I think Joe.to should get a DayZ. And that we would be able to meet up on a server we all know. I'd bet that minecraft raiders would be bandits. I think it'd be good for this place to have a DayZ server.

Third, I was watching a stream three days ago and something happened that I could see a LOT of people on here going out the same way.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 pm

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7050
We run linux and that won't change so no we aren't going to run a DayZ server.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm

No offense but this is the first Ive heard of you. Who are you?

Second, If it was on linux would people on PC still be able to play?
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Hahahahah

"Who is scoobywhru?"

Scooby is a senior admin.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^