The Beggar's Bazooka

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

The Beggar's Bazooka

Post by Wolsk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm requesting that it be changed to not kill teammates because it TKs way too much.
You have no real control over where the rockets go or when to fire, making you shoot in bad places.
Also, if you hold the rockets for too long (loading 4 in) it explodes everywhere around you.
The blast is so strong that it kills teammates no where near you in one explosion.
And Bax, I know you said no because Heavy teamkills a lot, too, but I'm still requesting it.

Hopefully, other people will agree with me on this. :v
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Re: The Beggar's Bazooka

Post by scobywhru » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:15 pm

no, learn to control it, sounds like a perfect example of a weapon we want FF on for to help players get better with it.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Naxus

Post by Naxus » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:16 pm

The problem with it is, You really cannot control it :/. The rockets go where they want and kill bloody everything.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:18 pm

deal with it, scrubs
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Wolsk

Post by Wolsk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:24 pm

I just found out that the explosion from holding too long chooses a random player in the map and attacks them somehow.
Naxus, who was across the map (sniper tower on fieldtrip), managed to die when I blew myself up (at my spawn). :v

And scooby, we don't have friendly fire on with the intent of helping you get better at TF2 without it; that makes no sense.
jermm

Post by jermm » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm

I haven't had issues with it TKing over any other explosive weapon. The normal "there are times you should risk TKing someone" is in play. You need to decide when to start charging it, because unlike a "normal" server you can't just blast them anywhere. That is just like every other weapon choice change that FF brings. Same with loading too-many rockets. See:
rottencheeseCA wrote:deal with it, scrubs
Valve has (possibly unintentionally) decided that some weapons don't TK, and this rocket launcher isn't one of them. I am quite sure that Valve doesn't really care about FF weapon balance, but I don't think the server should be doing major balance changes (I would include medic over-heal, but that's another topic).
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 pm

To quote a rather smart guy who you referenced in your first post: "no"
NTbacteria

Post by NTbacteria » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

boys, control your "rockets" pleeeeeeeeeease.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Im a little torn here, it is a weapon that takes alot of getting used to, but it is controlable.
Unlike other rocket launchers if friendlys are anywhere near your target you cannot fire without high risk to friendlys. It also pressures the shooter to fire with that overloading effect.
With practice it could be used well, but in the hands of a random pub it has potential to be more harm that good.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Rofl, watched my roommate play for the first time the other day. Made him log onto TF4 because. Watched him murder teammates left and right. Any weapon, in the hands of a noob, can do more harm than good. Get over yourselves, baddies.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:38 pm

I think if we do anything, it should be to make Pyro air blasts FF. Think of the engie shenanigans. ENGIE SHENANIGANS
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Velp

Post by Velp » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Here is an other way to look at how the 3 degrees random projectile deviation looks like. It would be over powered if it was like the other rocket launchers.
ImageImageImage
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
Wolsk

Post by Wolsk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 pm

I don't really mind the random-ness of the launcher; I mind how jumping works with it.
As of now, the launcher is insanely glitchy in the fact that you can kill people no where near you.
That's why the launcher should be disabled from friendly firing teammates.
If it gets patched, I wouldn't mind it being changed back, but it is flawed as of now.
I managed to kill two enemies in their spawn on rooftime while I did a jump right outside of mine.
That is the exact glitch that I'm talking about, and I can show anyone who wants proof.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Wolsk logic:
Glitch kills hostiles. -> Disable friendly fire.
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I don't mind it still being able to teamkill as long as when I do it unintentionally, I don't get punished for it. Like how the only way common way to kill teammates with a Loch N Load is to hit a enemy with it and have the splash kill a friendly.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator