Source Filmmaker

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Hoodedsniper

Re: Source Filmmaker

Post by Hoodedsniper » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Made these.

japanimater

Post by japanimater » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Loved the 2Fort one, I just thought it went on too long after the snipers went to the battlements. You probably could've filled in that time by have alot of pyros and spies run up the stairs and chase down the snipers followed by the sounds of flamethrowers, stabbing, and screams of death.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:13 pm

japanimater wrote:Loved the 2Fort one, I just thought it went on too long after the snipers went to the battlements. You probably could've filled in that time by have alot of pyros and spies run up the stairs and chase down the snipers followed by the sounds of flamethrowers, stabbing, and screams of death.

I had it crash on me about 7 times before I realized you need to always be saving since the current SFM crashes all the time.

I started making spys run up and had the snipers all yelling help and dying but I kept crashing and not saving and lost motivation.
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

I've tried twice to follow the 11 instructional videos and doing as the instructor does, but twice I hit the same wall and can't get the damn thing to work correctly. No one will help me and i've lost motivation to work with it anymore since one of the bugs prevents me from properly moving models throughout the world.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Okay, this is a stupid question since I hadn't really played around with it too much yet, but what's the easiest way to have a medic healing someone since you cannot actually interact with your previous in game recordings, etc.

EDIT: nm, found a tutorial on how to do it. I hadn't tried it yet, so I can't confirm if this works, but here it is if anyone else is interested: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_cMQJ1xvc
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 am

japanimater wrote:I've tried twice to follow the 11 instructional videos and doing as the instructor does, but twice I hit the same wall and can't get the damn thing to work correctly. No one will help me and i've lost motivation to work with it anymore since one of the bugs prevents me from properly moving models throughout the world.

Hey JAE, it's all about the combination of your CTRL, SHIFT & ALT keys. I have yet to crash but f11 leaves me in a black part of the map. Teleporting player to camera doesnt seem to work for me, will try again though.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Cow
pl w+4 b
<b>pl w+4 b</b>

Post by Cow » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 am

Avvatar wrote:I almost posted "apparently you missed the 90s" but then I realized that of course you did you fucking child.
Man. When I grow up, I want to be like Avvatar.
Nicknam4

Post by Nicknam4 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Ugh I cannot wait until I get SFM.

Maybe someday. :(
marccox08

Post by marccox08 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 am

Me when I recieved the Beta this morning...
The overeaction was worth it. :awesome:
Base

Post by Base » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 am

Oh man I am so jealous of everyone in this thread.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Naxus

Post by Naxus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Just downloading it now, Hopefully I can make some use of it.
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 pm

SFM is in open beta now, btw.
isybub

Post by isybub » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Had a little fiddle. Pretty cool program!
Dunno what it is but it's a poster test so yeah ;D
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:57 am

made this today.

Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
isybub

Post by isybub » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 am

Oh hey I found a rendering glitch! (Only occurs when exporting poster as 3840x2160, although the only other resolution I've tried is 1920x1080)
So in the set the lighting is normal and everything is fine, but it doesn't like to render that portion for some reason, which is sad 'cause there's some nice ambient light