The Steam Summer Sale is LIVE!

Some gaming news gets moved from here to the forum above
slowpokex2

The Steam Summer Sale is LIVE!

Post by slowpokex2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Vote to choose which game appears on the summer sale the next day, right now!

Expect new deals every 8 hours until it ends on July 22, 2012.

http://store.steampowered.com/

*CAUTION: Expect very high traffic and very slow page loading."
Howlin Mad Murdoc
Axis Denied

Re: The Steam Summer Sale is LIVE!

Post by Axis Denied » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:54 pm

There's also Steam badges (go to anyone's profile and you'll see a new section on badges). No idea if they do anything other than...well...being badges.
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Fuck fuck fuck, gotta get my paycheck then drop $100 on a prepaid credit card. This should've come out tomorrow.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:09 pm

I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT SHOGUN FOR FULL PRICE 2 DAYS BEFORE THIS SHIT!
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Rofl, dumbass canaders.
slowpokex2

Post by slowpokex2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Magnus wrote:I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT SHOGUN FOR FULL PRICE 2 DAYS BEFORE THIS SHIT!
Have you tried asking for a refund or price match?
Howlin Mad Murdoc
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Magnus wrote:I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT SHOGUN FOR FULL PRICE 2 DAYS BEFORE THIS SHIT!
Nevermind the fact that there was pretty much insurmountable evidence that the summer sale was going to start today, why in the world would you buy anything at full price on Steam unless you wanted to get it on release day?
slowpokex2

Post by slowpokex2 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Nevermind the fact that there was pretty much insurmountable evidence that the summer sale was going to start today, why in the world would you buy anything at full price on Steam unless you wanted to get it on release day?
I blame the DayZ temptress and everyone else who posted on this thread before Magnus bought it. Joining the bandwagon too early has its pitfalls.
Howlin Mad Murdoc
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 am

I like the badges.
Years of Service
Level 8 (8 years of service)
Oh god wut. Almost 10? OH GOD I'M OLD
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Shit deals so far.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Disagree- first day you've got Grimrock, Shogun, and Portal 2 for really nice prices, the indie bundles thus far have had a nice variety of good games and some lame ones to balance it out, and the flash deals have been a real draw- I fucking missed Saints Row 3 for 75% off even though I voted for it.

Anno 2070 and Max Payne 3 for 50% off are great prices, and I'd absolutely get Sonic Generations if my backlog weren't so lousy with games I need to play anyway- it'll go on sale again, someday...
And you can't beat Isaac for a buck and some change.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:35 pm

The Shougun 2 deal is pretty sweet (7 bucks) ,but fall of the samurai (15 bucks) should have been cheaper.

Speaking of Total War. Medieval 2 total war is 5 bucks, and i don't think its gonna get lower. That game, aside from
maybe starfox64 when i was 8, is the game that i wasted the most hours. A thinking man's game though, not for the mad brutes here at j2

GTA4 is like 10 bucks, so if you don't have it go for a try (your computer might run it badly though).

For those who will like to play the Just Cause 2 multiplayer that is being developed, Just cause 2 is on sale for 8 bucks ,but it might get lower
cause i seen that game for like 2 dollars before.

Max payne 3 is on sale ,but still too expensive for some. So you can try getting the max payne bundle instead that includes the first two games, for 3 dollars.

And Binding of Isaac, the game that goes on sale the most, is like 1 dollar. So yeah, go for that.

All that aside, nothing special about the deals ,but keep an eye open
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Hellboy wrote:Disagree- first day you've got Grimrock, Shogun, and Portal 2 for really nice prices, the indie bundles thus far have had a nice variety of good games and some lame ones to balance it out, and the flash deals have been a real draw- I fucking missed Saints Row 3 for 75% off even though I voted for it.

Anno 2070 and Max Payne 3 for 50% off are great prices, and I'd absolutely get Sonic Generations if my backlog weren't so lousy with games I need to play anyway- it'll go on sale again, someday...
And you can't beat Isaac for a buck and some change.
Eh, Portal 2 and Saints Row 3 have been on sale multiple times for just as cheap. Grimrock and shogun are weak, the indie bundles are overpriced at $10 considering the games that have been included in them, and the flash deals have been shit since after the first set. Max Payne 3 and Sonic are still overpriced for what they are, wait a bit longer and they'll be in the bargain bin.
Django wrote:The Shougun 2 deal is pretty sweet (7 bucks)
Shogun 2 was included in most AMD gpu's for a while, so if you look around on reddit it's not too hard to get a free copy.

The only games I've seen worth buying are The Binding of Isaac + DLC, and Terraria, but I already own them. I'm really hoping for Arma II: CO, Torchlight II, Civ 5, and Witcher 2.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:00 pm

a1dan wrote: Eh, Portal 2 and Saints Row 3 have been on sale multiple times for just as cheap.
And? A good deal is a good deal no matter what.

And Max Payne 3 literally just came out and is already at 50% off, that's an obscene turnaround.

People are so insular and entitled now about the prices they think they "should" be paying in these sales, which are already hugely discounted as it stands, and which games should be getting daily deals. There's been a ton of great games getting daily deals and it's only been two days- it's a long sale, just roll with it, you'll have plenty of time to piss away your money.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't feel entitled, this years sale just feels like a step backwards. Last years sales (summer, christmas) had mini-games that made you want to check out games you might normally over look (potatoes, coal), but this year there's nothing. Nothing has caught my eye, and without that extra push it feels like there's no reason to check anything out. Last year I bought the bit.trip pack on the first day because it was $2, and included 2+ potatoes. I ended up loving bit.trip runner, and it's one of my favourite platformers. I'm now eagerly awaiting Runner 2, which I wouldn't even know existed if it wasn't for last years summer sale challenges. The interactivity within the sale is something that's blatantly missing from this years sale.
ImageImageImageImage