Idea for next server reset...

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
Ravens Scythe

Idea for next server reset...

Post by Ravens Scythe » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:41 pm

So while playing on other un-named servers, I've noticed that a lot of the others waited until bukkit was ready to go before starting the reset. Didn't know if that was something that was considered here or not, and figured it was a good idea to toss out there before 1.4 drops :D.
Have, or have not.
Kieraan
Slightly Bonkers

Re: Idea for next server reset...

Post by Kieraan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:56 pm

We do wait for Bukkit before updating, we normally put up some sort of survival temporary server in it's place while we wait. In fact, MC1 is still currently running the temporary server we used when 1.3 was released.
"At any given time, the urge to sing "The lion sleeps tonight" is just a whim away. A whim away, a whim away, a whim away..."
Need4Rush
SnapBacks&Tattoos
<i>SnapBacks&Tattoos</i>

Post by Need4Rush » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:46 am

Kieraan wrote:We do wait for Bukkit before updating, we normally put up some sort of survival temporary server in it's place while we wait. In fact, MC1 is still currently running the temporary server we used when 1.3 was released.
No one has updated that server yet? I thought factions was back for it...
Ravens Scythe

Post by Ravens Scythe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 pm

That's what I was talking about, waiting until it was ready for a complete reload, instead of the temporary server that's been there that it seems like not many people use. IE wait until you're ready to do the whole thing.
Have, or have not.
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Then we are just wasting resources but having nothing running.
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Basically it's better to have something running while waiting than nothing running and waiting.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
Ravens Scythe

Post by Ravens Scythe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:27 pm

OOOOORRRRRR...... We could of just left as is until we were dropping the new factions world. :D. Then it would of been something functioning, awesome, and fun.
Have, or have not.
Killtman
Certified J2 Medic

Post by Killtman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Ravens Scythe wrote:OOOOORRRRRR...... We could of just left as is until we were dropping the new factions world. :D. Then it would of been something functioning, awesome, and fun.
According to snr staff it isn't That easy.
NXTnut

Post by NXTnut » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Actually, with the way the server and client API is coming in 1.4, a Bukkit-like server (with a plugin/mod API and such) may take Craft Bukkit's place, so we may not even have to wait for Bukkit. However, plugins will take a long time to update, some developers may even quit.
Some people have pure awesomeness down here. Others have jokes or witty puns. Still others use this for self reminders, or pictures. The signature is a very useful place, but I have no use for it other than to bore you with this long, unnecessary piece of text.
Ravens Scythe

Post by Ravens Scythe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Whichever works, I was just making a suggestion, hoping to avoid a temp server that isn't hardly being used for MC1 when it used to be freakin awesome :D.
Have, or have not.
Kieraan
Slightly Bonkers

Post by Kieraan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 pm

NXTnut wrote:Actually, with the way the server and client API is coming in 1.4, a Bukkit-like server (with a plugin/mod API and such) may take Craft Bukkit's place, so we may not even have to wait for Bukkit. However, plugins will take a long time to update, some developers may even quit.
I don't think the Modding API will be up to scratch for 1.4, unfortunately.
"At any given time, the urge to sing "The lion sleeps tonight" is just a whim away. A whim away, a whim away, a whim away..."