Black Mesa Source Sept 14

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Re: Black Mesa Source Sept 14

Post by scobywhru » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Well source has been updated continually so it could be said they are modern, its just not DX10/11 with the blur and lens flare you get with cameras but not the human eye.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:41 pm

No tessellation = Last gen
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Django wrote:No tessellation = Last gen

Although you don't need tessellation to make a pretty game (source games are proof of that) I would like to see it in the next release.
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:17 pm

They just got greenlit, meaning they'll be on Steam!
jermm

Post by jermm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:58 pm

I think L4D2 was way better looking than pre-L4D2 Source games. Portal 2 and CSGO (haven't spent extensive time in Dota2) aren't that much better looking than L4D2 IMO.

Though even HL2 w/orange-box update doesn't look bad. Speaking out of my ass, Source needs seamless loading before anything else, especially for SP games. In MP waiting another 30s isn't a big deal (already waiting for respawn, match to start; waiting is part of the experience), but it kills the mood in Portal 2.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 pm

I never thought the waiting screens in the Half Life games got in the way of the experience. If anything it kind of added to the suspense. Can't speak for Portal 2 though, I've only played the beginning.

Pretty hopeful BMS will get released though, it was one of the only mods I kept following after HL2's release.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 pm

ChaosWake wrote:Pretty hopeful BMS will get released though, it was one of the only mods I kept following after HL2's release.
You seem to be acutely unaware of any of the information in this thread, it comes out Friday.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Duuuuude, BMS has been kind of the Duke Nukem Forever of Half Life 2 mods. I know this because it was the only thing HL2 related I still paid attention to and it disappointed me every year. They've on multiple occasions announced to be on the verge of release only to mysteriously and suddenly lose their progress, or just go silent.

I actually heard about the release date before I found this thread hahaha

EDIT: Looks like they actually released something, nice. Downloading as I update this post.