X Gonna give it to ya.

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Vegetarian

X Gonna give it to ya.

Post by Vegetarian » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm

As I am sure most have noticed already, a lot of guns seem to produce lots of little red X sprites when certain maps are played. Right now it's only been consistently noticed during or after the playthrough of this map: koth_skylab_rc1.bsp

Short of a server restart which naturally kicks everybody off, this could use a little bit of attention. Not sure if there's another version available or it's just a recent update that broke something non-map related either. Like I said, this is not the only map that seems to cause this issue since it can happen randomly as well.. but it always seems to happen on this map in particular.

Other noticeable issues include loss of sound on certain weapons like shotguns and pistols. I am sure there are more, so feel free to add.

Examples:
1. No sound from gun, but lots of these.
[img2]http://i.imgur.com/e3Wnr.jpg[/img2]

2. Imagine a firefight with nothing but thousands of these obscuring your view.
[img2]http://i.imgur.com/AgfK2.jpg[/img2]
Something goes here, but it's not important
Brig
Swiggity Swoogity

Re: X Gonna give it to ya.

Post by Brig » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:38 pm

noticed this too when using my rainblower, was kinda distracting
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:22 am

Valve fucked something up.
It is an issue with TF2, not the server or maps.
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:24 am

While it is a problem with tf2, there are certain maps that consistently cause this and these maps should be temporarily removed until Valve resolves this issue and skylab is one of those maps.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 am

i've had this on all hide and seek prop hunt maps too
Last edited by NightFantom on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 am

Vegetarian wrote:As I am sure most have noticed already, a lot of guns seem to produce lots of little red X sprites when certain maps are played. Right now it's only been consistently noticed during or after the playthrough of this map: koth_skylab_rc1.bsp

Short of a server restart which naturally kicks everybody off, this could use a little bit of attention. Not sure if there's another version available or it's just a recent update that broke something non-map related either. Like I said, this is not the only map that seems to cause this issue since it can happen randomly as well.. but it always seems to happen on this map in particular.

Other noticeable issues include loss of sound on certain weapons like shotguns and pistols. I am sure there are more, so feel free to add.

Examples:
1. No sound from gun, but lots of these.
[img2]http://i.imgur.com/e3Wnr.jpg[/img2]

2. Imagine a firefight with nothing but thousands of these obscuring your view.
[img2]http://i.imgur.com/AgfK2.jpg[/img2]
VEG POSTED

WAT
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:38 pm

The problem is that there are too many particles loaded on the server, so when it tries to create a new one and there's no room, it errors out producing a red x. I stuck something on TF4 that will make it so the MvM related particles won't load, making it so there's room for the other particles. That should hopefully prevent the problem from continuing to happen (at least on TF4).
Vegetarian

Post by Vegetarian » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 pm

bl4nk wrote:The problem is that there are too many particles loaded on the server, so when it tries to create a new one and there's no room, it errors out producing a red x. I stuck something on TF4 that will make it so the MvM related particles won't load, making it so there's room for the other particles. That should hopefully prevent the problem from continuing to happen (at least on TF4).
Yay. Thanks for giving this a little love ( :toot: ), even if it's not a problem directly related to either the maps or the server in general. It wasn't too bad for some, but it did get quite annoying for a little while.
Something goes here, but it's not important
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Vegetarian wrote:
bl4nk wrote:The problem is that there are too many particles loaded on the server, so when it tries to create a new one and there's no room, it errors out producing a red x. I stuck something on TF4 that will make it so the MvM related particles won't load, making it so there's room for the other particles. That should hopefully prevent the problem from continuing to happen (at least on TF4).
Yay. Thanks for giving this a little love ( :toot: ), even if it's not a problem directly related to either the maps or the server in general. It wasn't too bad for some, but it did get quite annoying for a little while.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY BLANK. Some people were using the red X's as like a smoke screen to run away in.That's why we love you Blank. <3 Wait Veg posted? Holy bat nuts.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.