TF4 Vote Request

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

TF4 Vote Request

Post by Wolsk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Would someone please change the voting options on TF4 to show how many people have voted for each option when the vote comes up? For example, have a number in parentheses on each option in the vote. Naturally, it doesn't have to be that way, but any way that it could be done would be great. It would help a lot with making votes to be able to see which the most popular options are. It wouldn't really help much for map voting, but being able to see the number on those would still be nice, in my opinion. Does anyone agree/disagree/have a better idea?
Thanks.
Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Re: TF4 Vote Request

Post by Echo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Seconded

Would love that extra info for when close to half the server is dead set on a certain map.
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 am

Wolsk wrote:Would someone please change the voting options on TF4 to show how many people have voted for each option when the vote comes up? For example, have a number in parentheses on each option in the vote. Naturally, it doesn't have to be that way, but any way that it could be done would be great. It would help a lot with making votes to be able to see which the most popular options are. It wouldn't really help much for map voting, but being able to see the number on those would still be nice, in my opinion. Does anyone agree/disagree/have a better idea?
Thanks.
I'd be up for it. I know a source mod exist for this, I'v seen it on many servers.
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Joejoe347 wrote:
Wolsk wrote:Would someone please change the voting options on TF4 to show how many people have voted for each option when the vote comes up? For example, have a number in parentheses on each option in the vote. Naturally, it doesn't have to be that way, but any way that it could be done would be great. It would help a lot with making votes to be able to see which the most popular options are. It wouldn't really help much for map voting, but being able to see the number on those would still be nice, in my opinion. Does anyone agree/disagree/have a better idea?
Thanks.
I'd be up for it. I know a source mod exist for this, I'v seen it on many servers.
Holy crap wolsky you actually have a good idea for a change. Im down with this.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Wolsk

Post by Wolsk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:38 pm

:sadasfuck:
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:09 pm

I'll look into it
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Wolsk

Post by Wolsk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:09 am

Hi.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Seems like it'll just lead to even worse bandwagonning to me. But then I don't play this game or on this server so you can go ahead and wreck it however you like. :okayasfuck:
Yatta!
Oh deer

Post by Yatta! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Avvatar wrote:Seems like it'll just lead to even worse bandwagonning to me. But then I don't play this game or on this server so you can go ahead and wreck it however you like. :okayasfuck:
Definitely a major problem with this vote style. But let's try it out, as it could be a useful counter to overplayed maps, so people know what to vote to NOT get the overplayed map.
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Post by RideTheWalrus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:32 pm

pinkle

Post by pinkle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 pm

idk, it'd be interesting to try I think, we don't know how it will work out. If it sucks then just take it away...

and um yeah the other night rooftime got extended like three times in a fucking row, ugh... -_- I don't mind rooftime, but UGH.
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Eviltechie wrote:I'll look into it
Turns out it's not possible with our plugin.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 am

Yatta! wrote:
Avvatar wrote:Seems like it'll just lead to even worse bandwagonning to me. But then I don't play this game or on this server so you can go ahead and wreck it however you like. :okayasfuck:
Definitely a major problem with this vote style. But let's try it out, as it could be a useful counter to overplayed maps, so people know what to vote to NOT get the overplayed map.

So....more balloon race!?
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Eviltechie wrote:
Eviltechie wrote:I'll look into it
Turns out it's not possible with our plugin.
It's possible, just with modifications. I'll look into it around Tuesday when I have some more free time.
Yatta!
Oh deer

Post by Yatta! » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Rooftime spam makes me want to temporarily remove it from rotation :|