Dayz -- again

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
sgt.smith
Xfire: sgtsmith

Dayz -- again

Post by sgt.smith » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:18 pm

So I reinstalled Dayz, I didn't want to go through the hassle to install and update it properly before. But I reinstalled it since DayZ Commander was released, and does the work for you. DayZ commander has a friends list, though haven't figured it out yet.

I'm trying the game out again. If anyone is playing.

http://www.dayzcommander.com/
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Re: Dayz -- again

Post by bl4nk » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Waiting for the standalone release. It's hopefully going to be released before April.
sgt.smith
Xfire: sgtsmith

Post by sgt.smith » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:37 pm

yeah, I reinstalled it so I can get used to it before the standalone
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 pm

I didn't know people played this anymore. I thought everyone was just waiting for the standalone
I kind of just got fed up with the bugs and hackers around when Takistan came out.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:50 pm

It was one of the first things I got when I got my new computer. I couldn't get into it much, as finding a good server was a pain, and that it's buggy as all fuck, or at least it was. I also had no-one to play with. What's the possibility of a J2 server?
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

narwal wrote:What's the possibility of a J2 server?
Looks really resource intensive, so I'm gonna have to guess no on that one
Day Z Knowledgebase wrote: CPU: Modern Quad Core @ 2.0Ghz+ (CPU is the main bottleneck for an ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)
RAM: 8GB (RAM isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts)
Storage: 50GB+ HDD - 500 IOPS minimum. SSD or 15k RPM SAS is recommended.
Network: 100Mbps+ dedicated. Bandwidth cap must be at least 2TB or more.
Slots: All servers must be running at 40+ slots, or 30+ in areas where bandwidth is expensive and where permitted. (Usually reserved for developing countries or remote regions)
Operating System: Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2
Plus I found that renting a server is about $75 a month (for 50 slots)
ninjachipmunk97

Post by ninjachipmunk97 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Most of the hackers and stuff have been eliminated with the private hives, although they still definitely exist. But to push it even further you could make it whitelist so they would have to sign up on the forums. But my friends and I have actually bought a private hive server. The only problem is that we are trying to get more players to play. It is currently Chernarus but we occasionally switch it up a bit. The next planned map is actually Namalsk because it is honestly a blast with all the different loot and bloodsuckers. But if any of you are interested the IP is 173.192.200.71:3357. Easiest way to access it is the type the IP into your favorites on DayZ Commander. I hope to see you playing. We also have plans for a DayZ Standalone server.