next map ideas

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
jackham8
Ham_Bond

next map ideas

Post by jackham8 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Ok for the next map spawn im thinking like a train station that just goes around a huge loop and you can ride around it to see whats up on the server creation wise. That would be cool to have a house next to the railroad and watch people move on by.
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Re: next map ideas

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

jackham8 wrote:Ok for the next map spawn im thinking like a train station that just goes around a huge loop and you can ride around it to see whats up on the server creation wise. That would be cool to have a house next to the railroad and watch people move on by.
We had that exact thing last year. Apparently, it wasn't as useful as it was problematic. It was kinda boring sitting in the cart without any way to get out until you reached a designated stop, which were VERY spread out. I think warps did so much more for the server display-wise instead of the train station format.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 pm

dyl1138 wrote:
jackham8 wrote:Ok for the next map spawn im thinking like a train station that just goes around a huge loop and you can ride around it to see whats up on the server creation wise. That would be cool to have a house next to the railroad and watch people move on by.
We had that exact thing last year. Apparently, it wasn't as useful as it was problematic. It was kinda boring sitting in the cart without any way to get out until you reached a designated stop, which were VERY spread out. I think warps did so much more for the server display-wise instead of the train station format.
Agreed.
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 pm

rockerboy5 wrote:Agreed.
I waited all day for one of your spunky and invigorating posts! Now stop shitposting in this thread, unless of course you have something you'd like to add. Have a nice day :sunny:
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
MrZebra1929

Post by MrZebra1929 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 pm

I think that they need to do large biomes and make NCP again.
Am I black with white stripes or white with black stripes?
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 pm

MrZebra1929 wrote:I think that they need to do large biomes and make NCP again.
Large biomes can be pretty cool for sp, but for a small mp pvp map large biomes can be really annoying. Imagine the ocean and extreme hills biomes! The shop NPCs were awesome, but the aspect I actually liked about them myself was how balanced the shops were. You could sustainably buy and sell items with just rewards.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
GB_Knight
Lord of Fire

Post by GB_Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 am

I'm sure the admins are working on something.
I got a idea, can we have mobcatcher so we can catch mobs? If you catch a creeper, you get a creeper egg. You can destroy the faction territory by spawning a creeper.
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mobcatcher/
mbaxter wrote:Someone got upset over being banned and blasted the servers with several gallons of urine. The server will be back up some time tomorrow. I'm not trained in dealing with human waste.
Best quote eva
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:11 am

GB_Knight wrote:I'm sure the admins are working on something.
I got a idea, can we have mobcatcher so we can catch mobs? If you catch a creeper, you get a creeper egg. You can destroy the faction territory by spawning a creeper.
That would be pretty cool. However, spawn eggs would probably be made nonfunctional in any other faction's territory. Also, no ghasts, withers, or ender dragons, naturally. Obtaining spawn eggs is interesting because it allows a practical and quiet mob-based player trap. Activate the trap, and 3 or 4 dispensers with spawn eggs start spitting out monsters, which gather in some antechamber or corner. Also a mob launching cannon. However, this can easily be abused to lag the server endlessly and require reconfiguration of many of the plugins, including mcmmo taming if that's managed not to be disabled.
While we're on the subject of server changes we'd like to see next update, how about re-enabling fishing (and excavation if it is disabled) bonuses? Excavating 1.5 million blocks deserves 1-3 diamond per diamond shovel's worth of blocks broken, never mind all the fish you need to catch to even get enchanted diamond.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
GB_Knight
Lord of Fire

Post by GB_Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 am

dyl1138 wrote:
GB_Knight wrote:I'm sure the admins are working on something.
That would be pretty cool. However, spawn eggs would probably be made nonfunctional in any other faction's territory. Also, no ghasts, withers, or ender dragons, naturally. Obtaining spawn eggs is interesting because it allows a practical and quiet mob-based player trap. Activate the trap, and 3 or 4 dispensers with spawn eggs start spitting out monsters, which gather in some antechamber or corner. Also a mob launching cannon. However, this can easily be abused to lag the server endlessly and require reconfiguration of many of the plugins, including mcmmo taming if that's managed not to be disabled.
While we're on the subject of server changes we'd like to see next update, how about re-enabling fishing (and excavation if it is disabled) bonuses? Excavating 1.5 million blocks deserves 1-3 diamond per diamond shovel's worth of blocks broken, never mind all the fish you need to catch to even get enchanted diamond.
I agree, FYI, spawn eggs don't lag that much. Maybe creeper eggs used as a raiding tool?
There should be a limit of how many times you can use mobcatcher, so people don't abuse it.
mbaxter wrote:Someone got upset over being banned and blasted the servers with several gallons of urine. The server will be back up some time tomorrow. I'm not trained in dealing with human waste.
Best quote eva
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm

dyl1138 wrote: I waited all day to lash out at someone who makes a one word post
Fixed.
FYI invigorating means uplifting and interesting. If you are going to insult me, do it right. Or if you do find my one word post uplifting, I thank you.
I was just agreeing with you and did not feel like typing "I agree with blah blah blah". I understand that you don't care about my opinion but, you could respond in a nicer way. You seem to say "have a nice day" a lot. Maybe you should make that your signature.
Also, I think the egg thing could be cool.
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>

Post by FM113 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:50 pm

I have some experience from servers where donating gave you creeper eggs. It collided very bad with the factions plugin. Getting inside someones base meant you could easily loot all their shit. And to be honest there's a shit ton of ways to get into peoples base. Many includes enderpearl glitching. I fear this ability would be used to overpower new players with their bases being raided in the blink of an eye.
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 pm

If they wee very expensive in the shops, it might work. Also, you can already do that with regular creepers.
dyl1138
Falling Down

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:31 pm

rockerboy5 wrote:
dyl1138 wrote: I waited all day to lash out at someone who makes a one word post
Fixed.
FYI invigorating means uplifting and interesting. If you are going to insult me, do it right. Or if you do find my one word post uplifting, I thank you.
I was just agreeing with you and did not feel like typing "I agree with blah blah blah". I understand that you don't care about my opinion but, you could respond in a nicer way. You seem to say "have a nice day" a lot. Maybe you should make that your signature.
Also, I think the egg thing could be cool.
It's not that I don't care for people's opinions, it's that they post one word confirmations of it that don't bring any more substance to the topic itself. As for the 'have a nice day' comment, it's just routine for shitpost responses. Also, the first sentence of my post, the one you 'fixed', was complete sarcasm. For me, lashing out generally requires actual anger and not just amusement at your complete lack of simple reasoning skills.
Have a nice day :sunny:
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:05 pm

By simple reasoning skills, do you mean determining sarcasm in a wall of text? Also, the words you used have a negative connotation to me. I was not sure if you knew the meanings of the words you were using. Forgive me for being such an idiot. Everything good now?
GB_Knight
Lord of Fire

Post by GB_Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:53 pm

FM113 wrote:I have some experience from servers where donating gave you creeper eggs. It collided very bad with the factions plugin. Getting inside someones base meant you could easily loot all their shit. And to be honest there's a shit ton of ways to get into peoples base. Many includes enderpearl glitching. I fear this ability would be used to overpower new players with their bases being raided in the blink of an eye.
You could always cover your chest with water.
I got another idea, we should get cash in game for voting for the server, I've seen servers having that system before, it would encourage more people to vote for J2.
Best quote eva