The Locals Ep. 6 & Toy Drive

Some gaming news gets moved from here to the forum above
stabbyclaus

The Locals Ep. 6 & Toy Drive

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

Episode 6 "Head Space Warriors" was released a few weeks ago on Zeurel's channel. You can watch it below:

As the animators work on the last two episodes of Season 1, we have a bunch of community driven projects coming soon as well.

[*] 3D Printed toys & busts of Locals characters (with excellent modeling by Neelpos.J2) are being developed to help fund Season 2 & drive more donations to the servers. New characters are re-designed for 3D on a nearly daily basis so stay tuned on our facebook page or by e-mailing "Locals" to 3Dprinting@nebulamedia.org to be one of the first to own your favorite character.

[*] We are going to fund anywhere from 50 to 100 posters of Nickelbonk & The Locals cast very soon. They will be cheaper than the print models but serve the same purpose.

[*] A purely SFM musical mini-episode is in the works by a J2 member. Whoever else wants to apply to do a video, just send me a sample of your work to stabbyclaus@gmail.com & you might be sent some audio to interpret in the medium you prefer most. We suggest SFM or Flash, but we accept nearly everything (especially if you do stop-mo, puppetry or 3D animation.) Our only rule is to not reveal a thing till release (including your involvement) but I ain't gonna be a douchenozzle and require an NDA. Circle of trust.

FOR THE NEW PEOPLE

Welcome! Our servers are visible on our top banner & you can join our games by clicking the IP to automatically join or by copying that IP address into TF2 server search. But before you do, please read this otherwise you will be kicked or even banned immediately.

Stabby's Code of Conduct wrote:1) You must allow others to speak. I pick conversations, not rants. If you hold the mic longer than 5 seconds or press it more than 5 times in 30 seconds, you will eventually get muted. Things to avoid are: noises, grunts, screaming, and generally anything not directed at another player. "Hey Django, how are you doing?" is perfectly fine but, "LETS GO GO GO GO GO OH SHIT PYRO COME ON HERP DERP MELON BALLER TALKING TO MYSELF" will be considered spam. Let me repeat, everytime someone is being talked over, their audio is useless to me. Above all, just don't interrupt someone because you died or something. That's just lame.

2) You may spam music if it's not loud; but once someone says to shut up, you must stop. Same goes for singing as you all are mostly very terrible at it. Although, anytime music is playing I cannot use the audio for the show.

3) Fufu or I being on the server does not guarantee we are recording, let alone that I get recordings from a handful of people on J2 & even from other servers. If you'd like to send in a demo or replay, e-mail stabbyclaus@gmail.com.

4) It's normal for folks to talk over each other but two conversations shouldn't happen at the same time. If you are joining the server with a friend, don't talk among yourselves. Use mumble or the text chat for that.

5) Have fun and be respectful. J2 is strictly enforced against homophobic & racist remarks. This is a fun environment for everyone so you will be warned then banned immediately if you do not comply. It's not smart to provoke an admin about this or they will make it nearly impossible for you to be unbanned. If you are gonna troll us, do something creative at least please.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Re: The Locals Ep. 6 & Toy Drive

Post by Hippie of doom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 am

stabbyclaus wrote:
Episode 6 "Head Space Warriors" was released a few weeks ago on Zeurel's channel. You can watch it below:

As the animators work on the last two episodes of Season 1, we have a bunch of community driven projects coming soon as well.

[*] 3D Printed toys & busts of Locals characters (with excellent modeling by Neelpos.J2) are being developed to help fund Season 2 & drive more donations to the servers. New characters are re-designed for 3D on a nearly daily basis so stay tuned on our facebook page or by e-mailing "Locals" to 3Dprinting@nebulamedia.org to be one of the first to own your favorite character.

[*] We are going to fund anywhere from 50 to 100 posters of Nickelbonk & The Locals cast very soon. They will be cheaper than the print models but serve the same purpose.

[*] A purely SFM musical mini-episode is in the works by a J2 member. Whoever else wants to apply to do a video, just send me a sample of your work to stabbyclaus@gmail.com & you might be sent some audio to interpret in the medium you prefer most. We suggest SFM or Flash, but we accept nearly everything (especially if you do stop-mo, puppetry or 3D animation.) Our only rule is to not reveal a thing till release (including your involvement) but I ain't gonna be a douchenozzle and require an NDA. Circle of trust.

FOR THE NEW PEOPLE

Welcome! Our servers are visible on our top banner & you can join our games by clicking the IP to automatically join or by copying that IP address into TF2 server search. But before you do, please read this otherwise you will be kicked or even banned immediately.

Stabby's Code of Conduct wrote:1) You must allow others to speak. I pick conversations, not rants. If you hold the mic longer than 5 seconds or press it more than 5 times in 30 seconds, you will eventually get muted. Things to avoid are: noises, grunts, screaming, and generally anything not directed at another player. "Hey Django, how are you doing?" is perfectly fine but, "LETS GO GO GO GO GO OH SHIT PYRO COME ON HERP DERP MELON BALLER TALKING TO MYSELF" will be considered spam. Let me repeat, everytime someone is being talked over, their audio is useless to me. Above all, just don't interrupt someone because you died or something. That's just lame.

2) You may spam music if it's not loud; but once someone says to shut up, you must stop. Same goes for singing as you all are mostly very terrible at it. Although, anytime music is playing I cannot use the audio for the show.

3) Fufu or I being on the server does not guarantee we are recording, let alone that I get recordings from a handful of people on J2 & even from other servers. If you'd like to send in a demo or replay, e-mail stabbyclaus@gmail.com.

4) It's normal for folks to talk over each other but two conversations shouldn't happen at the same time. If you are joining the server with a friend, don't talk among yourselves. Use mumble or the text chat for that.

5) Have fun and be respectful. J2 is strictly enforced against homophobic & racist remarks. This is a fun environment for everyone so you will be warned then banned immediately if you do not comply. It's not smart to provoke an admin about this or they will make it nearly impossible for you to be unbanned. If you are gonna troll us, do something creative at least please.
Huzza stabby.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 am

Hippie, you silly bitch, why for you quote the whole damn post??

I appreciate the challenge issued in the last code of conduct; should make things interesting...
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:
stabbyclaus wrote:

FOR THE NEW PEOPLE

Huzza stabby.
Because fuck you thats why... <3
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Nightwolf wrote:
Hippie of doom wrote:
stabbyclaus wrote:

FOR THE NEW PEOPLE

Huzza stabby.
choo choo
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Ian7 wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:
Hippie of doom wrote:
stabbyclaus wrote:

FOR THE NEW PEOPLE

Huzza stabby.
choo choo
Is this what you want? IS IT??
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Wish the front page News had some way to specify a cut/jump/whatever. Post is too big for me to move it :( Then again no one actually cares about the front page sooo meh.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:54 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:[*] 3D Printed toys & busts of Locals characters (with excellent modeling by Neelpos.J2)
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Avvatar wrote:Wish the front page News had some way to specify a cut/jump/whatever. Post is too big for me to move it :( Then again no one actually cares about the front page sooo meh.
Let me know what changes to make, almost all the new people hit up the J2 frontpage as the IP address isn't listed on the videos.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
3 Ducks
High-Chancellor of Bread Crumbs

Post by 3 Ducks » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 am

dang.... that's coo
Quack
horade

Post by horade » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

i don't know if you guys like this idea but i would totally buy a poster kit like Valve did with Left 4 Dead 2 http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=PC227T , i would love to have a poster kit of the youtube thumbnails of the 6 episodes or the rooms of cast members
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:12 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:
Avvatar wrote:Wish the front page News had some way to specify a cut/jump/whatever. Post is too big for me to move it :( Then again no one actually cares about the front page sooo meh.
Let me know what changes to make, almost all the new people hit up the J2 frontpage as the IP address isn't listed on the videos.
Really it's something that should be changed on the back-end, allowing some of a post to exist on the front page and the rest of it to be in the forum thread.
In the meantime, I hacked up a post so it can be on the front-page and then fucked up the last step and left a shadow topic here. Oops. Oh well, it's on the front page and has links into the rest.

EDIT: I think I correctly removed the shadow topic. Though I don't like the confirmation message "Topic deleted from database." So ominous.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm

I brought Jenny in to a meeting today with a potential employer, as an example of work I'd done outside of pure graphic design. Showing versatility as an artist and all that crap. He's seen The Locals. Guess I'm CSUCI's graphic design intern now.

The Locals got me a job, the fuck.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:02 pm

SO
BAD
ASS
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Neelpos wrote:I brought Jenny in to a meeting today with a potential employer, as an example of work I'd done outside of pure graphic design. Showing versatility as an artist and all that crap. He's seen The Locals. Guess I'm CSUCI's graphic design intern now.

The Locals got me a job, the fuck.
Its the gift that keeps on giving.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.