Modded j2 tf2 server?

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.

Do you want a modded server?

Yes, on TF5
72%
Yes, but on a new server
11%
No
17%

Total votes: 36
Base

Modded j2 tf2 server?

Post by Base » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 am

Hey guys. Been toying with a new idea and was curious if anyone would be interested in this.

Basically a really silly tf2 modded server, with custom player models (created by myself/whoever else in the community would like to participate) and maybe some fun mods to keep it interesting.

So the long and short of it is that I'm designing and making a full cast of characters for TF2 for fun. I'm gonna put them into SFM, but I thought it'd be really cool to see the cast inside TF2 itself, running around and shooting each other and such. We could turn tf5 into it (seeing as it's dead a lot of the time) or get a whole nother server, depending on costs and how interested people are in this. We could do RTD, some of the old silly maps, karaoke, etc. constantly, or just limit it to some interesting custom content.

Would anyone be curious to see this happen? Feel free to post up any mods or things you'd like to see on the server if it interests you at all.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Re: Modded j2 tf2 server?

Post by jmtokx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:21 am

I keep hearing about x10 servers where everything that has to do with numbers is multiplied by ten.
I've never tried it but maybe that would be fun for this idea on tf5 or wherever.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
Base

Post by Base » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:17 am

x10 or more server would be pretty fun too. I'd be hella down for exploring new crazy shit.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.

mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 am

If you can build it, and teach us how to maintain it, we can run it.
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah'd i'd be awesome, I just don't want it to turn into tf69. Great idea, never happened...
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:20 pm

well super zombie fortress is a right laugh, along with TF2Ware but I really have no idea as to where you can even find the download for that game mode nowadays.

Oh bugger
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:42 pm

We used to have GarryWare on our GMod server a while back, but it rarely got played, everyone joined for TTT but left after. Perhaps our TF2 crowd/others will enjoy this more.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
Base

Post by Base » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:49 pm

mbaxter wrote:If you can build it, and teach us how to maintain it, we can run it.
I might have to recruit a modder to make this a reality, but the new player models will be at least completed anyways for SFM. So it'd be cool to get them into TF2, alongside whatever fun stuff the community wants.

If we can make a consensus on what mods we'd like for certain, I'll compile all the mods and test them out on my local rig or something. It's not a server by any means but I could at least test some things until we're ready to throw it up on tf5 or some other server.

Petiee

Post by Petiee » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:02 pm

I vote dodgeball.

which is this
neurosis prevents psychosis
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Reposted from the admin forums because I wrote it, so I can do that.
Wolsk on April 4, 2013 wrote:I've been saying for a LONG time that we should turn one of our unused TF2 servers from being normal to having a bunch of different game modes and crazy non-killing maps. It can have jumping, dodgeball, deathrun, boss mod, surfing, cyberpunk, MGE, arena, TF2Ware, Zombie Fortress, randomizer, TF2x10, The Hidden, Parkour Fortress, prop hunt, and any other ones we can think of. If it was actually made, I would go on as often as I could and maintain it. I doubt it'd be that difficult to learn how to add maps and keep everything working and up-to-date.

However, it never happens no matter how much support it gets... :/
Base

Post by Base » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Honestly I hardly get to play tf2 anymore. I think if we had something that was easier to just screw around with, I'd personally be around lot more. And it'd always offer the other server for regular play, so I don't think it'd be a bad way to experiment.

Wolsk, hit me up if you want to help with the modding/maintaining. Looks like a lot of stuff is already written for us, so it's mostly a matter of plugging mods in and maintaining the server. I suppose I should apply for admin again, if I'm going to make this happen, so I have access to the server in the first place.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm

forgot about this'n

Oh bugger
Cypher_

Post by Cypher_ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Prop hunt is always a humorous game mode, I've only ever played it with around 6 people. I could imagine it being much more entertaining with 20+
Griffin

Post by Griffin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Prop hunt is fun everytime I played it. I think there is also a zombie game mode for TF2? We should look into that.
Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 am

Griffin wrote:Prop hunt is fun everytime I played it. I think there is also a zombie game mode for TF2? We should look into that.
well there's regular zombie fortress and then there's super zombie fortress. the latter is more like left 4 dead where the survivors have to get from A to B in one piece and hopefully pick up some decent weapons along the way. it even has the Tf2 equivalent of a tank; a massive mecha-heavy barrels on in swinging his arms swatting survivors silly.

Oh bugger