Lil Bit of Admin Abuse

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
bloodcrow

Re: Lil Bit of Admin Abuse

Post by bloodcrow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 am

Megapieman,

I wasn't there that night and i wouldn't have been there because Avanti is one of the most grueling and frustrating maps around. For all of the work required to win it, there simply isn't enough satisfaction to justify it.

Having said that, i just wanted to say your post was thoughtful and focused on the facts instead of unleashing a diatribe or scree. Personally I haven't ever noticed you trolling or otherwise being dickish but if other .j2 folk have, especially .j2 admins, you can expect a diminished tolerance for anything that could be construed as dickishness.
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

Wha. Avanti is a masterpiece. It requires teamwork and is HUGELY satisfying. One of the most satisfying maps on the server.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Ian7 wrote:Wha. Avanti is a masterpiece. It requires teamwork and is HUGELY satisfying. One of the most satisfying maps on the server.
I won't go so far as to call Avanti a masterpiece but your larger point is valid. My frustration with Avanti is mostly as my role as a medic and my teammates and not the map itself. If i can co-ordinate with my team, i'll play it. If i'm around a bunch of fuckwits that want to run in, swinging their dicks, i simply cannot play it.

Avanti, probably more than any other map, is emotionally draining. If i could suggest any changes to it, it would be my boilerplate response- there should be three tiers for approach- elevated, level and sub. Avanti has plenty of the first two but not so much on the third.

On the other hand, if my team are a bunch of self indulging fuckwits, no changes to the map will make a difference.
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis
Pocatello

Post by Pocatello » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
Nope.

But sig worthy.
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 am

This thread satisfies my soul.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Base

Post by Base » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 am

Real talk, Avanti blows giant cock. It's nothing but tiny fighting areas and corridors. So you just get engineers and pyros all over the place. It's really dumb.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Base wrote:Real talk, Avanti blows giant cock. It's nothing but tiny fighting areas and corridors. So you just get engineers and pyros all over the place. It's really dumb.
It's a Friendly Fire massacre! D:
ThunderRunner

Post by ThunderRunner » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:09 pm

I vote for Bloodcrow as Admin! Who's with me! :awesome:
Da_man wrote:Can this thread get any worse? I'm not sure its possible at this point.
Maha

Post by Maha » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Bloodcrow isn't an Admin?! o.o
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 am

On the topic of admin abuse, I just want to say that it is highly frustrating when I consistently see admins stacking the teams on tf4. Some regulars always wait to join the good players' teams, which is annoying, but they're free to. However, when I see a team with a bunch of admins steamroll the other on a map, and then all of those admins actively join the same team again next map, and the same thing happens, all I see are crappy admins. The reason I constantly join the opposite team as the popular players like Hippie, Parasyte, Neel, and the rest isn't just because I enjoy hearing them rage (I really do, it's lovely), but because if I don't, 9 times out of 10 their team ends up steamrolling the other.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:31 am

I would also like to report that at the end of the round, whilst i am frozen in place, an admin will repeatedly slap me until i am launched high into the air, then drop me to the ground, where i land with a loud *CRACK* of my bones and a splatter of blood. All four of my cheeks and both my knees do not appreciate this, and if it continues i am willing to take this to the police!
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 am

A Ninja wrote:On the topic of admin abuse, I just want to say that it is highly frustrating when I consistently see admins stacking the teams on tf4. Some regulars always wait to join the good players' teams, which is annoying, but they're free to. However, when I see a team with a bunch of admins steamroll the other on a map, and then all of those admins actively join the same team again next map, and the same thing happens, all I see are crappy admins. The reason I constantly join the opposite team as the popular players like Hippie, Parasyte, Neel, and the rest isn't just because I enjoy hearing them rage (I really do, it's lovely), but because if I don't, 9 times out of 10 their team ends up steamrolling the other.
I try to join your team Ninja but you ALWAYS switch teams to kill me.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 am

There won't be, but I like this video.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 pm

A Ninja wrote:The reason I constantly join the opposite team as the popular players like Hippie, Parasyte, Neel, and the rest isn't just because I enjoy hearing them rage (I really do, it's lovely), but because if I don't, 9 times out of 10 their team ends up steamrolling the other.
A.) I always choose random. If I arrive to the server while a match is in play, I typically spectate for a few minutes to see which team needs help then join them. I would hope that the admins do the same.

B.) You always join the team opposite me and yes, it often fills me with rage... maybe you should try random, too?

C.) The topic of team-stacking and steamrolling has been discussed to death. There will always be those who want to play with specific people and there will always be a number of top-tier players who add an imbalance regardless of the team they join. This is just how things work.

D.) Stacking/rolling really doesn't happen often; it's rare that it happens more than twice on the nights I play and the server already brings up a team-scramble vote if teams are woefully imbalanced. It will continue to happen occasionally unless we start forcing everyone to random teams (which I think is a bad idea).