Unban Request Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
User avatar
TempSoul
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by TempSoul » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Khrayfish wrote:
Porky wrote:
We don't have logs for voice chat.
That's probably because I never say the word "the "n" word", I apologise if I ever said any racist remarks but as I said before I HATE racism to the brim, I even tell my friends that as well (My borderline racist friend).

Edit: In regards to the directing it towards anyone, I said "I bid thee good day awesome", I never directed that at anyone and it was quite clearly sarcastic if I am 'bidding you a good day'. You were probably the only person the server that would have actually taken that offensive, pretty much everyone wouldn't care about it.
trying to act smart doesn't mean you're being smart. The more you try to defend yourself instead of accepting your mistake, and doing something about it the more we dislike you, more importantly unban you.
Image
Bun
BACON BACON BACON
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Bun » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Khrayfish wrote:Edit: In regards to the directing it towards anyone, I said "I bid thee good day awesome", I never directed that at anyone and it was quite clearly sarcastic if I am 'bidding you a good day'. You were probably the only person the server that would have actually taken that offensive, pretty much everyone wouldn't care about it.
And you would know no one else was offended because? The point is, you were told not to use that sort of language on the server, period.
Khrayfish
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Khrayfish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Porky wrote: And you would know no one else was offended because?
No one ever told me that I offended them in anyway, if I did they may have sent me a message or something, why did I offend people because no one seemed to care.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Bun » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Khrayfish wrote:
Porky wrote: And you would know no one else was offended because?
No one ever told me that I offended them in anyway, if I did they may have sent me a message or something, why did I offend people because no one seemed to care.
Porky wrote:The point is, you were told not to use that sort of language on the server, period.
Khrayfish
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Khrayfish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Porky wrote:
Porky wrote:The point is, you were told not to use that sort of language on the server, period.
I take it that was one of the "warning messages" that you sent me?

Well, I'll accept to saying these things even though I'm not racist and I wouldn't say "the "n" word" but I apologise to both of them on behalf of anyone that I may have insulted (including yourself).

If you choose to unban or remain with me banned that's up to you but thanks for setting me in my place etc.
Sorry once again.

-Khrayfish
User avatar
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found
Posts: 11117
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:47 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Neelpos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Rules 1 and 2 of all Joe.to servers
Spazmeister wrote:
1. We are here to have fun. If at any time you are ruining the fun, you will be dealt with.
Ruining the fun includes: cheating, exploiting, bad sportsmanship, spamming, being a jerk, and anything else that makes people leave the server. You will be banned extremely fast for running off the playerbase. If you fail to remember anything else about the rules, remember this. It is the cornerstone for everything joe.to.
2. Control yourself when communicating with the players on the server and refrain from spamming voice or chat. There are many younger players that frequent our servers. Be respectful when you choose to speak.
Yes, children play on our servers. When you choose to speak on our server don’t use bigot remarks. We allow swearing, but there is a limit. Don’t bother spamming crap on our server either. We will not tolerate spamming.
Our policy on bigoted language is clearly displayed in the MOTD upon joining the server, and the regular server messages make a point to state this rule as well. There is no reason for you to use that kind of language here, especially not in the way the chatlogs say you did.
Khrayfish wrote:Well, I'll accept to saying these things even though I'm not racist and I wouldn't say "the "n" word" but I apologise to both of them on behalf of anyone that I may have insulted (including yourself).
Apologizing in the same sentence that you claim you "didn't do it" isn't going to take you anywhere.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Khrayfish
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Khrayfish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Neelpos wrote: Apologizing in the same sentence that you claim you "didn't do it" isn't going to take you anywhere.
That's because I deny ever saying racist remarks such as "the "n" word".

But I do accept to saying discriminating remarks such as "awesome".


Because racist is something that I DON'T do.
User avatar
TempSoul
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by TempSoul » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Khrayfish wrote:
Neelpos wrote: Apologizing in the same sentence that you claim you "didn't do it" isn't going to take you anywhere.
That's because I deny ever saying racist remarks such as "the "n" word".

But I do accept to saying discriminating remarks such as "awesome".


Because racist is something that I DON'T do.
Because saying awesome isn't on the same level
Image
Khrayfish
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Khrayfish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:37 pm

TempSoul wrote: Because saying awesome isn't on the same level
It really isn't, racism is much worse than discriminating against homosexuals, have you done any history on the origins of the term "the "n" word"?
I'm not saying; saying "awesome " is acceptable, I'm saying that saying "the "n" word" is much worse but let's not start a discussion of why that is.
User avatar
TempSoul
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by TempSoul » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Khrayfish wrote:
TempSoul wrote: Because saying awesome isn't on the same level
It really isn't, racism is much worse than discriminating against homosexuals, have you done any history on the origins of the term "the "n" word"?
I'm not saying; saying "awesome" is acceptable, I'm saying that saying "the "n" word" is much worse but let's not start a discussion of why that is.
one is a hate word for a color of skin
another is a hate word for a person interest in love

nope no fucking difference you prick
Image
Khrayfish
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Khrayfish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:45 pm

TempSoul wrote: one is a hate word for a color of skin
another is a hate word for a person interest in love

nope no fucking difference you prick
Yeah... It goes much deeper than that but like I said if you want to discuss why I think that is PM me as this really isn't the thread for it.
User avatar
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>
Posts: 11458
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by mbaxter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:15 pm

ITT: People disrespecting the word filter.

You fucked up, either apologize and promise not to fuck up in the same way again or move on.
Image
User avatar
Sanvich Hoovy
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 am
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Look at these posts.

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=71779

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=71779

:lecture: Here are examples of people being banned for racist/homophobic remarks. All they did was apologise and (at least pretended to) regret their actions, followed by an assurance that it will never happen again. Your opinions on what counts as offensive likely are different from those of other people, it is for this reason that the rules against homophobic/ racist remarks are in place, to make sure that nobody feels uncomfortable playing here. Either way, you broke the rules, and you pointing out how dumb you think the rules are really doesn't reassure admins to the idea that you wont just break them again.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Image
User avatar
3 Ducks
High-Chancellor of Bread Crumbs
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by 3 Ducks » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:Look at these posts.

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=71779

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=71779

:lecture: Here are examples of people being banned for racist/homophobic remarks. All they did was apologise and (at least pretended to) regret their actions, followed by an assurance that it will never happen again. Your opinions on what counts as offensive likely are different from those of other people, it is for this reason that the rules against homophobic/ racist remarks are in place, to make sure that nobody feels uncomfortable playing here. Either way, you broke the rules, and you pointing out how dumb you think the rules are really doesn't reassure admins to the idea that you wont just break them again.
Though of course even if he does manage to excrete an apology sometime soon and gets unbanned, everyone who reads this thread for a chuckle will already be informed of just what a dipshit he's being
Quack
Khrayfish
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Khrayfish » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 am

mbaxter wrote: You fucked up, either apologize and promise not to fuck up in the same way again or move on.
I already have apologised and if you want me to again then fine, I'm sorry for fucking up.
In regards to disrespecting of the word filter: Porky did it like that so I thought that was the way you are supposed to do it...
Post Reply