Modded Minecraft?

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
Akronymus
*facepalms*

Modded Minecraft?

Post by Akronymus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:20 am

Should joe make a modded server? when yes what mods/modpack should he use? I would make a server if i could, but i cant afford an external server,and my home network does not have a good enough upload(and i dont want to give anyone our official IP)
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Re: Modded Minecraft?

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:24 am

While it would certainly avoid the staleness of Minecraft, playerbase would most likely shrink. I can't remember the last time the servers were full. If against all common sense they did make the servers more exclusive to players with the modded client, it would be for a stable modpack that has some semblance or variant of Bukkit.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Akronymus
*facepalms*

Post by Akronymus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Its me again. I dont meant making the server modded. i meant an additional server
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Brony4197 wrote:Its me again. I dont meant making the server modded. i meant an additional server
The same basic principle applies, except this time it's also draining significantly more resources.
Really, the main focus of any expansion should be to grow the playerbase, which is difficult considering the other tens of thousands of servers. Players=donations=moar server
There is also the possibility that if they were to invest in a 'modpack server', the sheer lack of other public servers MIGHT gain the server a massive playerbase. Griefing, lack of plugin support, instability, and a flooded (and therefore laggy) server is coupled with such popularity.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more