New Humble Bundle - Origin

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

New Humble Bundle - Origin

Post by Neelpos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor all for whatever price you name. Battlefield 3 and Sims 3 + Starter Pack included if you beat the average.

None of the money goes to EA it seems, you can choose to have it go as a tip to the Humble Bundle people, or one/all of the following organizations:
Human Rights Campaign
watsi
American Cancer Society
Amercan Red Cross
San Francisco AIDS Foundation

https://www.humblebundle.com/
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Da_man
Party Hard!

Re: New Humble Bundle - Origin

Post by Da_man » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 pm

It's a shame the only game I want to play are only on Origin.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:49 pm

I think I've played like 2-3 hours at most on Steam all summer. Probably shouldn't get this cause I'd never play any of the games, but fuck it it's only like $5.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:53 pm

the win EA gets out of this is they now have a lot more people with their Origin storefront on their PCs, people who have avoided it this far but can't pass up this deal.

And shit dude, they've earned it. It's a hell of a deal, and they're giving their share to charity. They must be trying really hard to win back that PR after SimCity. Didn't they have a CEO change a while ago, do you think that marks a change in policy somewhat?
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:21 pm

I bought it immediately after seeing it, and it has so far made over $2 million.
I have avoided Origin until now but will download it because these games are great.
This is prolly the best Humble Bundle to date.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Wolsk wrote: This is prolly the best Humble Bundle to date.
Pfft to that.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Burnout and Dead Space, though, provided I didn't already have them.
Haymakers9th wrote: And shit dude, they've earned it. It's a hell of a deal, and they're giving their share to charity. They must be trying really hard to win back that PR after SimCity. Didn't they have a CEO change a while ago, do you think that marks a change in policy somewhat?
Doubtful. This is pretty much what it appears to be, buying good faith and getting more people to start using Origin- gratefully, all the money's going to charity, which is pretty much the required compromise for EA at this juncture.
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Eh. I bought it, but I'm not downloading Origin and the only game I'm probably going to play is Dead Space, and even that's a "maybe". Personally I'd rather they get back to the indie bundles, not very interested in these big publisher bundles.

Prolly the worst Humble Bundle to date.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Hellboy wrote: Doubtful. This is pretty much what it appears to be, buying good faith and getting more people to start using Origin- gratefully, all the money's going to charity, which is pretty much the required compromise for EA at this juncture.
that's the thing man, you're pushing millions of dollars toward charity in a very up front manner and in a way that benefits the players, that's a pretty damn good way of buying good faith. I also like that at least one person involved in the project was community-aware enough to make sure that EA donated their half as well, because the community would take this thing a completely different way if they got a cut.

I don't care why they're doing it, it's more important that it's just happening.
Steam
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Derp wrote: Prolly the worst Humble Bundle to date.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely not as good as everyone is making it out to be.
Da_man
Party Hard!

Post by Da_man » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:41 pm

While I'm thinking about it, be careful with with Burnout Paradise. Apparently, if you have certain webcam software, or something, it will be unplayable, and AFAIK, there is no fix for it.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:41 am

Really? Never heard of that, and it sucks, Burnout Paradise is probably the best game in this whole bundle. Definite buy if you at all like racing games.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Maha

Post by Maha » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 am

I have to download Origin, that immediately makes it terrible.
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:27 pm

MixMasterMaha wrote:I have to download Origin, that immediately makes it terrible.

though using it right now the downloading and patching isnt as smooth as things go on Steam but it's not literally Hitler
Steam
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Yea I don't get what the big deal is with origin. I downloaded it to play bf3 and it's not THAT bad.
It's not as good as steam but people make it seem like Origin is the second coming of Hitler or something like that.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Principally, I'm against having more than one PC game DRM service on my computer, and since that one service is the almighty Steam, it just makes Origin appear even more frivolous by comparison.

EA has also cultivated an incredibly competitive and territorial mindset with their games where they'll only release their newest games on Origin now, which is just an entirely undeserved stance of perceived quality and pride coming from them. They want to be heavy hitters like Steam with their Origin service, but they've done nothing until now to warrant any kind of good faith or loyalty, and even then, they effectively had to take what amounts to a bullet in the chest for them with this bundle to get people to consider using Origin.